British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Yes I agree with you on that so perhaps Chris has now arrived in the last chance saloon . From a Poole point of view hopefully he can turn it round as you say we shall see ?

Like i have said  several times, a fit and focused Chris holder will blow away that average,  and still finish top of the standings. He is more than capable of putting a big hole in the GP standings even with these young upstarts in it. I am looking forward to welcoming him back and seeing him ride, everybody  knows what i think of him as a rider. even before he officially joined poole.

Edited by Starman2006

Chris will be more settled now he is back at his spiritual home, there are a couple of Aussies in the team who are all fun guys, I'm sure there will be some good team spirit

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Track work under way down the stadium in the rain

at least they won't have to water it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Track work under way down the stadium in the rain

Yep i know. this weather will not help there cause  mate, they will not be able to move big machinery and dirt around in this. Its peeing down here in the poole area.

Edited by Starman2006

2 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

I presume Matt Ford's sons are directors now then?

I presume so..

12 hours ago, tony159 said:

Dont think Chris would be a good chose , has a lot of things to prove this year and not really sure he is a great leader and motivator.

Like to give him a year first to show his true form and prove to everyone that he really has Poole at heart.

He's poole at heart mate, but matt wants him to just ride his bike which is understandable.. Josh has been a captain, and we need a motivator, of the others im not sure who's got the right demeanour..

Edited by Starman2006

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

He's poole at heart mate, but matt wants him to just ride his bike which is understandable.. Josh has been a captain, and we need a motivator, of the others im not sure who's got the right demeanour..

Personally I think giving the captaincy to Chris Holder would be a mistake, he has had a lot to deal with and I don't think the burden of captaincy would do him or the team any favours, Hans was a good captain and I think Josh could do just as good a job, leaving Chris to concentrate on his riding.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I think giving the captaincy to Chris Holder would be a mistake, he has had a lot to deal with and I don't think the burden of captaincy would do him or the team any favours, Hans was a good captain and I think Josh could do just as good a job, leaving Chris to concentrate on his riding.

You've been reading the Echo..;) I understand where Matt is coming from, Chris needs to get back to his best, but we need a motivator, somebody who's going to let his mechs get on with the job and he roams the pits  giving advice and just generally keeping the boys spirits high. As i said in another post both Chris and Neil can play a pivital part in showing the new lads how to ride the poole track properly. I expect them to get in plenty of laps on P&P day..

Edited by Starman2006

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You've been reading the Echo..;) I understand where Matt is coming from, Chris needs to get back to his best, but we need a motivator, somebody who's going to let his mechs get on with the job and he roams the pits  giving advice and just generally keeping the boys spirits high. As i said in another post both Chris and Neil can play a pivital part in showing the new lads how to ride the poole track properly. I expect them to get in plenty of laps on P&P day..

Yes I agree with you, I hope the track is a bit smoother too, that would definitely help the new boys get dialled in.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I agree with you, I hope the track is a bit smoother too, that would definitely help the new boys get dialled in.

Yes im sure it will  be in time, the diggers and heavy equipment moved in this week, but this weather will hamper there start. You cannot do the work in this weather.. tomorrow and friday look better, thank gawd..

Edited by Starman2006

Wouldn't it be good if Matt's new social media agency could arrange for some photos of the track machinery on track - on the website, on Twitter and Facebook pages?!  Not much interest to anyone bar the speedway regulars - but it might just stop any doubters.  You never know the Echo might even be prepared to use them?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Yep i know. this weather will not help there cause  mate, they will not be able to move big machinery and dirt around in this. Its peeing down here in the poole area.

You'd be surprised at what Glynn has done. 

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Wouldn't it be good if Matt's new social media agency could arrange for some photos of the track machinery on track - on the website, on Twitter and Facebook pages?!  Not much interest to anyone bar the speedway regulars - but it might just stop any doubters.  You never know the Echo might even be prepared to use them?!

Should've taken some pics myself when I popped in.