British Speedway Forum

If the start is being moved back ten metres thats great news as where we sit is ten metres behind the start gate!

52 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Ok thats interesting, bend one needed pulling up and re laying but really that area needs to be dolled off when its done so nobody goes on it. Intersting to read startling being moved back 10 metres, makes it a shorter home straight, but a longer run to bend one. I wonder what effect that will have ?

The home straight won't be shorter.Just the run from the tapes longer at the start and the run to the line shorter.

The thought in this might be that the start line at all tracks ruts up bad.At most tracks the bike isn't in a straight line for long,especially on the home straight.So by pulling the start back 10m the bikes might not be starting to turn on the ruts,creating a better entry into turn one. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

The home straight won't be shorter.Just the run from the tapes longer at the start and the run to the line shorter.

The thought in this might be that the start line at all tracks ruts up bad.At most tracks the bike isn't in a straight line for long,especially on the home straight.So by pulling the start back 10m the bikes might not be starting to turn on the ruts,creating a better entry into turn one. 

Your top sentance is what i said, but you do make a valid point there after.

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Your top sentance is what i said, but you do make a valid point there after.

We will call it quits Stary ;)

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

So by pulling the start back 10m.....

You didn't say where the finish line would be. I think Plough Lane is the only circuit where the start and finish didn't coincide (Fd stands by to be hit with a barrage of other examples!). More than once riders shut off as they passed the start line after 4 laps only to find their opponents whizzing by to the finish line further down the straight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the start is being moved back ten metres thats great news as where we sit is ten metres behind the start gate!

Presumably the refs box will have to be moved as well then?

Unless we go down the route of Wimbledon and Leicester (Blackbird Road) where the refs box wasnt in line with the tapes?

• Like 2

The season ticket holders will be pleased if the start line is going back 10 meters!!?  Will that also mean the season ticket seats in the Grandstand will also be moved?

4 hours ago, BobC said:

Unless we go down the route of Wimbledon and Leicester (Blackbird Road) where the refs box wasnt in line with the tapes?

Good point Bob..

I have also heard there will be an after meeting press conference in the fronted grandstand with the rider's 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BobC said:

That will make tape infringments and a very tight finish interesting unless they install a camera on the line, some refs have enough trouble when they are in line with the tapes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The season ticket holders will be pleased if the start line is going back 10 meters!!?  

They need to move it back a lap to give Poole riders a chance of winning a race! :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best thing to do is ask Glyn what's being done to the track? If he is down there, because I know he does post on the forum and he's a honest guy who will tell you the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

That will make tape infringments and a very tight finish interesting unless they install a camera on the line, some refs have enough trouble when they are in line with the tapes.

I suspect that might be a posibillity, as you say might make tape infringments hard to see. Im not so bothered about tight finishes, as you dont see many of them nowadays..

• Like 1