British Speedway Forum

On 2/15/2018 at 8:35 PM, Starman2006 said:

We used Red shale mate, the problem is much of it goes over the fence, and you would need to give it some decent depth 50 ton of shale. then keep topping it up throughout the season.

When I visit I will bring some and chuck it on the track, the same as we used to do. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

When I vist I will bring some and chuck it on the track, the same as we used to do. 

Thanks but we should be fine this year, it just needs to be kept topped up, and Red shale is not cheap.

• Like 1

I see from the website that celeb Chef Ken Hom is now on board the Pirates ship having played host to the Management and some of the clubs many sponsors!! :D

At least that should mean we are very strong at fortress Wimborne Road and should win all our HOM meetings.:P:approve:

(I'll get my coat.....;))

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, Skidder1 said:

I see from the website that celeb Chef Ken Hom is now on board the Pirates ship having played host to the Management and some of the clubs many sponsors!! :D

At least that should mean we are very strong at fortress Wimborne Road and should win all our HOM meetings.:P:approve:

(I'll get my coat.....;))

don't make a meal of it

• Like 2

On 15/02/2018 at 8:36 PM, A ORLOV said:

When I vist I will bring some and chuck it on the track, the same as we used to do. 

Just make sure its shale and not sand. Dont mention sand to Ronnie, he goes green...:angry:

SPOKE to Middlo at Paradise Park yesterday and he confirmed significant work on the Poole track has been done. Has always been a good shape and like the improvements also undertaken at Glasgow, Ipswich and Leicester should haver a profound effect on the racing there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ray c said:

At the stadium saturday night track looked fine 

poole track fine ? :lol:

To be fair 5-6 years ago Poole was up there probably in the top 5 tracks in the UK, but in the last few years is been nothing short of a joke and at times dangerous.

If the work that has been done gets it back to the old standard then that can only be a good thing

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

To be fair 5-6 years ago Poole was up there probably in the top 5 tracks in the UK, but in the last few years is been nothing short of a joke and at times dangerous.

If the work that has been done gets it back to the old standard then that can only be a good thing

Would that cover the period Poole were winning back to back titles?! three wasn't it?

BTW Good holiday?

3 hours ago, ray c said:

At the stadium saturday night track looked fine 

Ray, the track will be fine, they've taken up bends 1-2 which were by far the worst and will re-lay them, just want people to stay off them untill P&P day, bend four will be smothed out, you do not need mountains of heavy shale on that turn. If the straights are also cambered then it should be fine..

You know better than me Starry about track work etc but why wasn't the track done earlier so it could actually bed in so to speak?

28 minutes ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

You know better than me Starry about track work etc but why wasn't the track done earlier so it could actually bed in so to speak?

I agree mate, i dont know why, thing is the boys need to put the four wheel  blade round every week on a match day, that will smooth it out, then you can do what you like with it. Sadly we lost the road grader a few year ago, but the Four wheel blade will do a simular job. takes about 45 mins to an hour to do it properly, working from outside to inside, then back round the opposite way once on the inside, As far as the digging up of the track is concerned that has been done several times in the last few years, but if they stuck the blade round every week you would pretty much eliviate the humps and bumps. digging up the start into a potato patch doesnt help.  The matierial you have is also very important, Red shale binds better than anything else.

• Like 1