British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

AND believe me there is more good tracks than bad in Poland!!!

There maybe but it don't alter the fact there are more serious accident in Poland than the UK !!!

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

There maybe but it don't alter the fact there are more serious accident in Poland than the UK !!!

Riders probably ride harder/take more risks in Poland due the the money on offer.

If Poole's track is sorted, it should be a good year to be a Poole fan.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Riders probably ride harder/take more risks in Poland due the the money on offer.

If Poole's track is sorted, it should be a good year to be a Poole fan.

I can believe that mate, riders will probably ride harder in poland due to the money on offer and the fact they dont want to be dropped.  I think the track is sorted, and like i believe you said, having the start 10 mtrs back it will be a plus not a minus. Riders need to be secure in the fact the track is safe, that has never been an issue, just needed tinkering to iron out a few issues.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

...and far more serious accidents on Polish tracks (and Swedish) than on British tracks!!

Ain't that the truth. 

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

...and far more serious accidents on Polish tracks (and Swedish) than on British tracks!!

I agree. 

But you do have to take that with a pinch of salt. Riders go much faster on all the tracks in Poland and speed=increased injury risk. 

In Poland you hit high 70mph doubt you hit that anywhere in the UK even BV. 

So yes there are more injuries but perhaps is a reason. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

I agree. 

But you do have to take that with a pinch of salt. Riders go much faster on all the tracks in Poland and speed=increased injury risk. 

In Poland you hit high 70mph doubt you hit that anywhere in the UK even BV. 

So yes there are more injuries but perhaps is a reason. 

I've seen a Go Pro of Batch practising at Lynn. Probably a slick track as practice,but if I remember right,bends was around 40mph and 65 on the straight and before BV's new track . Lynn was the fastest track in the Prem.

Belle Vue - National Speedway Stadium: Track Length (m) TBC, Record set xx.xx by TBC on xx xxx xx. [Ave. Speed - xx.xxmph]
Coventry - Brandon Stadium: Track Length (m) 301, Record set 57.6s by Chris Harris on 22nd May '09. [Ave. Speed - 46.76mph]

Kings Lynn - The Norfolk Arena: Track Length (m) 342, Record set 57.6s by Nicki Pedersen on 11th Sept '02. [Ave. Speed - 53.13mph]

Lakeside - Purfleet Stadium: Track Length (m) 256, Record set 56.8s by Andreas Jonsson on 30th May '08. [Ave. Speed - 40.33mph]
Leicester - Beaumont Park: Track Length (m) 317, Record set 61.75s by Nicolai Klindt on 19th Mar '16. [Ave. Speed - 45.93mph]

Poole - Wimborne Road: Track Length (m) 299.1, Record set 56.91s by Antonio Lindback on 14th Jun '06. [Ave. Speed - 47.03mph]
Swindon - Abbey Stadium: Track Length (m) 363, Record set 63.86s by Leigh Adams on 31st Aug '09. [Ave. Speed - 50.86mph]
Wolverhampton - Monmore Green: Track Length (m) 264, Record set 53.45s by Darcy Ward on 10th Aug '15. [Ave. Speed - 44.19mph]

Edited by Bald Bloke

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've seen a Go Pro of Batch practising at Lynn. Probably a slick track as practice,but if I remember right,bends was around 40mph and 65 on the straight and before BV's new track . Lynn was the fastest track in the Prem.

Belle Vue - National Speedway Stadium: Track Length (m) TBC, Record set xx.xx by TBC on xx xxx xx. [Ave. Speed - xx.xxmph]
Coventry - Brandon Stadium: Track Length (m) 301, Record set 57.6s by Chris Harris on 22nd May '09. [Ave. Speed - 46.76mph]

Kings Lynn - The Norfolk Arena: Track Length (m) 342, Record set 57.6s by Nicki Pedersen on 11th Sept '02. [Ave. Speed - 53.13mph]

Lakeside - Purfleet Stadium: Track Length (m) 256, Record set 56.8s by Andreas Jonsson on 30th May '08. [Ave. Speed - 40.33mph]
Leicester - Beaumont Park: Track Length (m) 317, Record set 61.75s by Nicolai Klindt on 19th Mar '16. [Ave. Speed - 45.93mph]

Poole - Wimborne Road: Track Length (m) 299.1, Record set 56.91s by Antonio Lindback on 14th Jun '06. [Ave. Speed - 47.03mph]
Swindon - Abbey Stadium: Track Length (m) 363, Record set 63.86s by Leigh Adams on 31st Aug '09. [Ave. Speed - 50.86mph]
Wolverhampton - Monmore Green: Track Length (m) 264, Record set 53.45s by Darcy Ward on 10th Aug '15. [Ave. Speed - 44.19mph]

For the average speedway you have the times - but the track length is not the distance covered by the riders!

2 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

For the average speedway you have the times - but the track length is not the distance covered by the riders!

Yes give or take.  But people hit some very fast speeds in Poland much faster than here anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Its the same for every motorsport.Do none of them count then ;)..It's worked out from the shortest way around.You can keep on the line and be slower than the rider riding mid track.Geeez

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I was going to say you can bet Bombers at Coventry was around the fence for 4 laps.

• Like 1

Belle Vue is 347m the track record is 58.2 set by NKI on 29 July, 2016. I get the average speed to be 53.58mph but it's many years since I was at school so I could easily be wrong. 

Interesting that the track record at King's Lynn was set more than 15 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Belle Vue is 347m the track record is 58.2 set by NKI on 29 July, 2016. I get the average speed to be 53.58mph but it's many years since I was at school so I could easily be wrong. 

Interesting that the track record at King's Lynn was set more than 15 years ago.

53.36mph

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Saw that, think it was from April last year, not been able to find link again in order to show to others, but he actually got up to 68MPH just before peeling off into the turns.  Impressive.   Not taking into account track surface, before seeing the link if asked about the top speeds of speedway in UK I'd have replied "about 70MPH  on a  big, 'roundish' track like, say, Belle Vue, Peterbrough or Sheffield" if conditions were right.  So while King's Lynn is a medium-sized track, albeit reknown for being grippy, what are riders reaching at the likes Belle Vue, Peterbrough or Sheffield; 70-75MPH ?  Guess that touches on the 'speedway is too fast' argument'....

On 19/02/2018 at 6:33 PM, Skidder1 said:

You're a bit touchy Gav - almost as if you were expecting one?! - although I guess with what you've got going on you're entitled.  Hope things improve for you although not quite sure why you're telling everyone on a Poole thread?!

Poor form. You are lauded (probably quite rightly) as a reliable Poole fan who puts his money where his mouth is re sponsorship etc.

You insinuated he had served a ban, and yeh i agree, he shouldn't have to put his family issues on the forum, but, with respect, you perhaps have put him in the place where he needs to.

He's a proper you-know-what but anyway, i thought better of you to be honest.

Tom

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 1

I'd have thought Polish tracks would generate slightly higher speeds because they generally have longer straights.....while tracks like Sheffield, P'boro & Belle Vue are flat out they all have a lot of bend compared to many in Poland. Straight line speed is what will generate the higher mph's.