British Speedway Forum

When troy did those laps, sometimes speed got down to 31 on the bends. So is a bike sport that does between 30 and 70 on one of the faster tracks seen as exciting these days?? 30 years ago yes but now?  my road bike probably accelerates just as quick in the same distance, and that's not ultra light on racing fuel and made specially for the job.  Maybe one reason why it's not seen as exciting as the old days when performance like that would have been impressive.   Imagine how slow it is at say lakeside, probably between 20 and 55?

7 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Poor form. You are lauded (probably quite rightly) as a reliable Poole fan who puts his money where his mouth is re sponsorship etc.

You insinuated he had served a ban, and yeh i agree, he shouldn't have to put his family issues on the forum, but, with respect, you perhaps have put him in the place where he needs to.

He's a proper you-know-what but anyway, i thought better of you to be honest.

Tom

His first post at 1238 on Monday was having his usual go at anything to do with Poole. It was his first post for quite a time and bearing in mind the number of bans he has had from this forum, I thought it was reasonable and justified in thinking he may have been on another one!!

He said nothing about his current situation and circumstances in that initial post and unfortunately I'm not a mind-reader!! It was his follow-up post when he chose to share his situation on a Poole thread of all places!!?

Having lost my wife - a more fervent Poole supporter and sponsor than me - for 13 years now, I have some empathy with Gavan's situation without knowing or wanting to know any more details, but I still struggle to understand why he would share such info on here??!

If I've upset others then I apologise. This thread should be about Poole 2018 and that is all.:(

PS. There's a great 3-page feature in today's Echo on Matt Ford and Middlo's partnership at Poole which enters its 20th season this year.:)

Edited by Skidder1

On 2/19/2018 at 12:38 PM, Gavan said:

To be fair 5-6 years ago Poole was up there probably in the top 5 tracks in the UK, but in the last few years is been nothing short of a joke and at times dangerous.

If the work that has been done gets it back to the old standard then that can only be a good thing

This was my post on Monday i dont honestly believe you can accuse me of having a go at anything to do with Poole, i believe the track was good but isnt anymore.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

His first post at 1238 on Monday was having his usual go at anything to do with Poole. It was his first post for quite a time and bearing in mind the number of bans he has had from this forum, I thought it was reasonable and justified in thinking he may have been on another one!!

He said nothing about his current situation and circumstances in that initial post and unfortunately I'm not a mind-reader!! It was his follow-up post when he chose to share his situation on a Poole thread of all places!!?

Having lost my wife - a more fervent Poole supporter and sponsor than me - for 13 years now, I have some empathy with Gavan's situation without knowing or wanting to know any more details, but I still struggle to understand why he would share such info on here??!

If I've upset others then I apologise. This thread should be about Poole 2018 and that is all.:(

PS. There's a great 3-page feature in today's Echo on Matt Ford and Middlo's partnership at Poole which enters its 20th season this year.:)

I was just pointing out i hadnt had a ban and the reasons why.

Im not worried who knows my situation and i am with someone else now sort of anyway (lives nearer Rye House though lol). 

But yes i agree we should discuss speedway 

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've seen a Go Pro of Batch practising at Lynn. Probably a slick track as practice,but if I remember right,bends was around 40mph and 65 on the straight and before BV's new track . Lynn was the fastest track in the Prem.

Belle Vue - National Speedway Stadium: Track Length (m) TBC, Record set xx.xx by TBC on xx xxx xx. [Ave. Speed - xx.xxmph]
Coventry - Brandon Stadium: Track Length (m) 301, Record set 57.6s by Chris Harris on 22nd May '09. [Ave. Speed - 46.76mph]

Kings Lynn - The Norfolk Arena: Track Length (m) 342, Record set 57.6s by Nicki Pedersen on 11th Sept '02. [Ave. Speed - 53.13mph]

Lakeside - Purfleet Stadium: Track Length (m) 256, Record set 56.8s by Andreas Jonsson on 30th May '08. [Ave. Speed - 40.33mph]
Leicester - Beaumont Park: Track Length (m) 317, Record set 61.75s by Nicolai Klindt on 19th Mar '16. [Ave. Speed - 45.93mph]

Poole - Wimborne Road: Track Length (m) 299.1, Record set 56.91s by Antonio Lindback on 14th Jun '06. [Ave. Speed - 47.03mph]
Swindon - Abbey Stadium: Track Length (m) 363, Record set 63.86s by Leigh Adams on 31st Aug '09. [Ave. Speed - 50.86mph]
Wolverhampton - Monmore Green: Track Length (m) 264, Record set 53.45s by Darcy Ward on 10th Aug '15. [Ave. Speed - 44.19mph]

So appart from Swindon Lynn and posibly BV, they are all much of a muchness,  given speeds not track sizes  shapes and characteristics.

Edited by Starman2006

11 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Poor form. You are lauded (probably quite rightly) as a reliable Poole fan who puts his money where his mouth is re sponsorship etc.

You insinuated he had served a ban, and yeh i agree, he shouldn't have to put his family issues on the forum, but, with respect, you perhaps have put him in the place where he needs to.

He's a proper you-know-what but anyway, i thought better of you to be honest.

Tom

To be fair Tom Gavan shouldnt be putting his personal issues on this forum, nevermind the poole thread. As you read, many, sympathise with  him, its not an enviable position to be in, causes all sorts of backlash. But  as i say, most sympathise with him, yes i know, ive been through a very rough scary time, and still have a way to go, and thanked everybody for there messages of support but theres was a separate thread for that which i appreciated everybodys concern, but speedway should win the day on here. on this part of the forum.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

When did this forum turn into Dear Deidre Christ sake lets just get on and talk Poole speedway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

so Poole installed as 7/2 favourite's for the title

3 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Leicester looks a better bet at 9/2 don't mean a lot yet !!!!

18 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

To be fair Tom Gavan shouldnt be putting his personal issues on this forum, nevermind the poole thread. As you read, many, sympathise with  him, its not an enviable position to be in, causes all sorts of backlash. But  as i say, most sympathise with him, yes i know, ive been through a very rough scary time, and still have a way to go, and thanked everybody for there messages of support but theres was a separate thread for that which i appreciated everybodys concern, but speedway should win the day on here. on this part of the forum.

My take on it was  Gavan maybe found it easier to tell people he didnt know and if that released a bit of stress and anxiety that has to be good for him. Does it matter what thread it was on Nah and people did support him which was very nice.Back to Poole 7/2 for the play/offs i thought they would be a shorter price on  Woryna do people think he will average 7 points this year ? i believe he will and will average nearly 9 at home.???

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

My take on it was  Gavan maybe found it easier to tell people he didnt know and if that released a bit of stress and anxiety that has to be good for him. Does it matter what thread it was on Nah and people did support him which was very nice.Back to Poole 7/2 for the play/offs i thought they would be a shorter price on  Woryna do people think he will average 7 points this year ? i believe he will and will average nearly 9 at home.???

Mate, i have no issue with Gavan putting something on here, and i also wished him well, but its not an enviable position to be in, could open a whole bag of worms but when everybody wished me well there was a designated thread which as you know i greatly appreciated. This part of the forum should be for speedway only. As  for Kasper Woryna i think he's a bit of class, very good style very confident in his own abillity, and i think personally he will do very well, he should attain his average. Again, everybody has to stay sound, and that doesnt just apply to us. I just hope all our riders come to the party and im sure all the new boys will get in plenty of laps on P&P day.

Edited by Starman2006

14 hours ago, Arthur Fry said:

Not a whole lot of value now, a full 8 months before the play off's but could look very good in October.. Depends how you want to see it..

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Not a whole lot of value now, a full 8 months before the play off's but could look very good in October.. Depends how you want to see it..

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate, i have no issue with Gavan putting something on here, and i also wished him well, but its not an enviable position to be in, could open a whole bag of worms but when everybody wished me well there was a designated thread which as you know i greatly appreciated. This part of the forum should be for speedway only. As  for Kasper Woryna i think he's a bit of class, very good style very confident in his own abillity, and i think personally he will do very well, he should attain his average. Again, everybody has to stay sound, and that doesnt just apply to us. I just hope all our riders come to the party and im sure all the new boys will get in plenty of laps on P&P day.

I do think Woryna has a real nice tidy and safe style his Grandad was the same i think if Poole get the track sorted that will suit him down to the ground.I am a big fan of Piotr Pawlicki and once he got dialled in he was a class act and i would consider Kacper to be not quite as a erratic on a bike  as Piotr .Belle Vue and Poole for me both have attractive teams that should be a pleasure to watch my only negative with Poole is i think Linus will do very well to better Hans average from last year looking forward to the season now.

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I do think Woryna has a real nice tidy and safe style his Grandad was the same i think if Poole get the track sorted that will suit him down to the ground.I am a big fan of Piotr Pawlicki and once he got dialled in he was a class act and i would consider Kacper to be not quite as a erratic on a bike  as Piotr .Belle Vue and Poole for me both have attractive teams that should be a pleasure to watch my only negative with Poole is i think Linus will do very well to better Hans average from last year looking forward to the season now.

Linus has made it clear he wants to be part of the poole club, and is very keen to ride for us. I would lke to think he will attain his average. He's only still 27, and if he brings his A game to poole he will be a very useful signing indeed.. Kasper could be anything.

Things are not sounding too good down Dorset way accoring to the Speedway Star.

Firstly Giles Hartwell has been binned in a cost cutting measure.     This seems strange to me.  As a co-promoter I'd have thought Hartwell would be investing money into the club, but it sounds like he takes money out.    Speedway Star reports that Hartwell has been given the elbow in a cost-saving act.

And worse still, the Pirates can't even afford team suits this year.    Poole will look the poor relations in the 2018 PL with racejackets being worn over the top of any old kevlars rather than the smart team suits that the PL usually demands.   However the begging bowl is out and they will wear teamsuits if someone else pays for them.

Big Issue anyone?

6 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Things are not sounding too good down Dorset way accoring to the Speedway Star.

Firstly Giles Hartwell has been binned in a cost cutting measure.     This seems strange to me.  As a co-promoter I'd have thought Hartwell would be investing money into the club, but it sounds like he takes money out.    Speedway Star reports that Hartwell has been given the elbow in a cost-saving act.

And worse still, the Pirates can't even afford team suits this year.    Poole will look the poor relations in the 2018 PL with racejackets being worn over the top of any old kevlars rather than the smart team suits that the PL usually demands.   However the begging bowl is out and they will wear teamsuits if someone else pays for them.

Big Issue anyone?

Sensible by matt better than going out of business dont you think?