British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Sensible by matt better than going out of business dont you think?

Not sure that scrapping team suits in favour of a scruffy ragbag of random kevlars is going to increase crowds and save the business.

Can't argue with binning a co-promoter that's costing the club money though.

There is a major reason to do with the Kevlars and it has nothing to do with money what so ever. 

The star is wrong. Poole are in the best financial position for about 5 years. 

Im sure some people know the major issues which have happened. But Ford has not got money issues. 

If you can afford 100K for dudek then I think it’s secure! 

Edited by poolebolton
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

There is a major reason to do with the Kevlars and it has nothing to do with money what so ever. 

So whats the major reasons????

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

So whats the major reasons????

Ford doesn’t agree with this new BT sport deal and in protest to annoy the TV hasn’t got racesuits. 

The money Poole makes is shown by the fact that they never got a single penny from Costal A. 

Poole are in the most solid position in about 5 years. 

8 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate, i have no issue with Gavan putting something on here, and i also wished him well, but its not an enviable position to be in, could open a whole bag of worms but when everybody wished me well there was a designated thread which as you know i greatly appreciated. This part of the forum should be for speedway only. As  for Kasper Woryna i think he's a bit of class, very good style very confident in his own abillity, and i think personally he will do very well, he should attain his average. Again, everybody has to stay sound, and that doesnt just apply to us. I just hope all our riders come to the party and im sure all the new boys will get in plenty of laps on P&P day.

A designated thread? Really?  Well it started off in the Poole thread which is where I read it and responded.  I think it’s a bit disingenuous of you with regards Gavan so you must be on the mend.  Just my opinion and back to speedway - if Poole don’t win the league at a canter then I will be very surprised.

18 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Ford doesn’t agree with this new BT sport deal and in protest to annoy the TV hasn’t got racesuits. 

If the contract with BT states teams must wear a certain type of track suit and a specific team wont abide by the contract, then if I was BT I would be pulling out.

Of course, I dont know what the contract says...... but I cannot see how one team can do whatever they want if the contract says different.

No wonder British speedway is in the state it is if one team can simply do its own thing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

If the contract with BT states teams must wear a certain type of track suit and a specific team wont abide by the contract, then if I was BT I would be pulling out.

Of course, I dont know what the contract says...... but I cannot see how one team can do whatever they want if the contract says different.

No wonder British speedway is in the state it is if one team can simply do its own thing.

It’s not in the contract they just want teams in racesuits. 

And well Ford thinks the money on offer is a joke. He has only accepted deal due to the increased money he gets from sponsors. 

Who is saying Poole will be the only team without team race suits?! They'll be wearing the 70th Anniversary race bibs! (As long as Chris and Josh don't wear their 2017 Stars and Rebels suits everything will be fine!!):D

In Poole's case many of the cost-cutting measures are more a case of resolving 2 years of poor accounts against budget in order to keep the bank happy!!

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

And he's sacked Giles Hartwell in a protest against BT Sport?

(skint)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Who is saying Poole will be the only team without team race suits?! They'll be wearing the 70th Anniversary race bibs! (As long as Chris and Josh don't wear their 2017 Stars and Rebels suits everything will be fine!!):D

If they do wear last years race suits with stars and rebels colours with just a Poole Bib that will be interesting. 

26 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

And he's sacked Giles Hartwell in a protest against BT Sport?

(skint)

Where you getting that from ? totally wrong..

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

A designated thread? Really?  Well it started off in the Poole thread which is where I read it and responded.  I think it’s a bit disingenuous of you with regards Gavan so you must be on the mend.  Just my opinion and back to speedway - if Poole don’t win the league at a canter then I will be very surprised.

Read again mate, there was a designated thread on the general discusions section re me, and i greatly appreciated everybody concerns no matter which club they supported, and i still have a fair way to go im not out the woods by any stretch.. This section is for Speedway, should Gavan had started a thread in the discusions  section he may have got more sympthy from some,  several, including me sympathised with him, its not a good place to be in, personally or financially. Clearly you like to read what you want to read. Don't worry Steve, your dreams will  all come true come October...;)

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

It’s not in the contract they just want teams in racesuits. 

And well Ford thinks the money on offer is a joke. He has only accepted deal due to the increased money he gets from sponsors. 

Perhaps BT will react to this snub by not showing Poole - I wonder how Matts sponsors would feel about that if they have stumped up more cash to be on TV......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

The star is wrong. Poole are in the best financial position for about 5 years. 

Think your facts are slightly wrong.

Race suits are down to costs. Between 5 and 10 k saved 

Im sure some people know the major issues which have happened. But Ford has not got money issues. 

If you can afford 100K for dudek then I think it’s secure!