British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

And how old is Brady? Gurrantee Brady will wipe the floor with him in 2-3 years time. But he must curb his enthusiasum at the gate, thats what cost him the Aussie championship.

Both the same age 21 , and you cant really guarantee anything, can you ? nobody can  

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Don't get me wrong Starman, I like Brady he is young and entertains crowds, but to say he will be far better than Fricke is similar to saying Crump was far better than Adams, he wasn't and I'm pretty sure you'll agree on that.  

As for Dan becoming a good rider, he already is a good rider, he has only just turned 18 this month, so for a 17 year old in his first season in the top flight to beat F Lindgren,(who is nigh on unbeatable round the NSS) says alot about his ability. So yes I rate Dan very high and the fact that he is British excites me even more,another Brit I also rate highly is Zach Wajtknecht at Swindon, he has  beat Dan round the NSS , and that's no mean feat. There are other Young British riders coming through, keep your eye's on K Bickley, T Brennan is another to watch. These lads are our future Team GB riders, and I firmly believe they are better prospects than any Aussie of the same age. 

I agree with some of your points, re Bewley, but i also agree with Sid. Appart from natural progression, he needs the sponsorship to move forward, but like many young brit lads who have gone by the wayside, they struggle to carry on due to lack of sponsorship, Dan has to keep banging on doors. but he has a hell of a way to go before he reaches proper international level.. Fricke is a good rider, but also very inconsistant, one swan doesnt make a summer, and imo in the long term Brady will be the better rider..I agree wth Hydred, Crump and Adams were much of a muchness, but Jason got the breaks Leigh didn't. Leigh was probably one of the best riders around not to be world champion.

Edited by Starman2006

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I agree with some of your points, re Bewley, but i also agree with Sid. Appart from natural progression, he needs the sponsorship to move forward, but like many young brit lads who have gone by the wayside, they struggle to carry on due to lack of sponsorship, Dan has to keep banging on doors. but he has a hell of a way to go before he reaches proper international level.. Fricke is a good rider, but also very inconsistant, one swan doesnt make a summer, and imo in the long term Brady will be the better rider..I agree wth Hydred, Crump and Adams were much of a muchness, but Jason got the breaks Leigh didn't. Leigh was probably one of the best riders around not to be world champion.

All riders have a long way to go before reaching international level, some with natural ability do this though in a shorter length of time than others AKA D Ward. Dan is in the same mould. 

28 minutes ago, hyderd said:

All riders have a long way to go before reaching international level, some with natural ability do this though in a shorter length of time than others AKA D Ward. Dan is in the same mould. 

I've only seen Dan at Poole and on TV and I think he has got natural ability as well .and in couple of years he could be easily the no 1 Brit 

• Like 1

Just a question of British riders making it to Poland. I know he has a 2nd tier Sweden spot. It doesn’t matter how you really perform in UK because you aren’t riding the best of the best. Only in Poland can you truly grasp a riders ability when even against a reserve it’s a Drabik or Smektala not Greaves and Ashley Morris. 

Says A lot that Cook as a GP rider still isn’t in the extraliga. 

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

Don't get me wrong Starman, I like Brady he is young and entertains crowds, but to say he will be far better than Fricke is similar to saying Crump was far better than Adams, he wasn't and I'm pretty sure you'll agree on that.  

As for Dan becoming a good rider, he already is a good rider, he has only just turned 18 this month, so for a 17 year old in his first season in the top flight to beat F Lindgren,(who is nigh on unbeatable round the NSS) says alot about his ability. So yes I rate Dan very high and the fact that he is British excites me even more,another Brit I also rate highly is Zach Wajtknecht at Swindon, he has  beat Dan round the NSS , and that's no mean feat. There are other Young British riders coming through, keep your eye's on K Bickley, T Brennan is another to watch. These lads are our future Team GB riders, and I firmly believe they are better prospects than any Aussie of the same age. 

A great post and we are on the same sheet regarding Zach i believe in the  lad and at home he will be very good.Jenkins,Hume,Kemp, are the three that excite me but i am very surprised Brennan,Thomas (both exciting) did not get Championship spots this year.At Swindon we also have young Anders Rowe to look forward to for the future what was your opinion of him hyderd when he visited the NSS with Kent.?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hyderd said:

They do mate, quite right, but you do need good sponsorship and get the experience by riding the standard, its the only way these kids will improve but not to disolusion them., and thats why i say Dans got to keep doing what he's doing and keep banging on doors. but ive known some kids who have natural abillity and could go far but dont get the backing.  Ive not seen this Brennan Thomas ride, but as you say, Kyle Bickerly has the potential.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I've only seen Dan at Poole and on TV and I think he has got natural ability as well .and in couple of years he could be easily the no 1 Brit 

I wouldnt go as far as to say a couple of years mate...

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A great post and we are on the same sheet regarding Zach i believe in the  lad and at home he will be very good.Jenkins,Hume,Kemp, are the three that excite me but i am very surprised Brennan,Thomas (both exciting) did not get Championship spots this year.At Swindon we also have young Anders Rowe to look forward to for the future what was your opinion of him hyderd when he visited the NSS with Kent.?

I missed the Kent match last season, but looking at Kents lineup this coming season, Anders Rowe is in there so I will keep a lookout for him. Jack Smith although not as good as Dan, will make a good rider, towards the end of last season his speed was there, just a little short on track craft, that will come in time.

3 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I missed the Kent match last season, but looking at Kents lineup this coming season, Anders Rowe is in there so I will keep a lookout for him. Jack Smith although not as good as Dan, will make a good rider, towards the end of last season his speed was there, just a little short on track craft, that will come in time.

Unreal the match i spoke of was the Kent match  you missed it, not your fault hyderd .     Anders did speak  said he loved the track saying  that Anders needs to improve again this year  again i think he will and i  would love him to get a place at Swindon fultime in the future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is not  the ambition thing that is the problem it is getting the package and finance to keep progressing  with your aquipment.Bewley has  come a long long way in a short amount of time i  don't want to go overboard on him to early as the likes of Mel Taylor,Mark Courtney,Lewis Bridger a few examples who did not fulfil there potential.But i am pretty confident in Dan he will certainly be a regular in the World team cup team and i would love him to stay at Belle Vue for a long time as I can see him being a dominant home rider that track suits him down to the ground.As for Fricke/Kurtz i respect your view but i see Max at the Abbey at the end of the season and he slammed Doyle in one race and looking very fast a class act in my view both will be in the mix for a future GP spot.

You could also add Justin Elkins to the list of riders who never fulfilled their potential. He used to have demonstration races against Jason Crump before the meeting and during the interval at Poole, and used to beat Crumpy every single time.

Look how they both turned out.

8 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Just a question of British riders making it to Poland. I know he has a 2nd tier Sweden spot. It doesn’t matter how you really perform in UK because you aren’t riding the best of the best. Only in Poland can you truly grasp a riders ability when even against a reserve it’s a Drabik or Smektala not Greaves and Ashley Morris. 

Says A lot that Cook as a GP rider still isn’t in the extraliga. 

he was offered extraliga but turned teams down #FACT 

7 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

You could also add Justin Elkins to the list of riders who never fulfilled their potential. He used to have demonstration races against Jason Crump before the meeting and during the interval at Poole, and used to beat Crumpy every single time.

Look how they both turned out.

I think your memory may be playing tricks with you!!  I will ask Jason for his view of events past when I speak to him next.

Earlier post: Dan Bewley in my 50+ plus years involvement in Speedway few others have made the impression on me that Dan Bewley already has. He has everything to become a major world force. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hyderd said:

The only way any up and coming Brit is going to make it on the International and GP scene is to ditch the comfort of the second division as soon as they can. They need to be riding top flight here and Europe. Dan maybe needs another year in the 2nd tier but I just hope he is able to concentrate on the insecurity of making it abroad and take the knocks and set backs that come with a foreign contract. He has more than enough natural ability to get noticed in the lower tier in Poland and should be looking for options ASAP.

And that goes for any next generation rider.  The minute you settle for doubling up here you have gone for the easier option of money security over ambition.

Many knock Tai however he is on his way to being the our most decorated and celebrated British rider EVER. And he has earned it. Ditched the lower tiers as early as possible and toughed it out abroad until he made a breakthru in the World of Speedway. Might not be a popular decision however that's exactly what these next lot of boys need to be doing.

With the 2 night racing it's now possible for Brits to still keep UK league in the future. Let's face it its only the ridiculous one 8 and over rule coupled with the barmy reassessed averages for him and Piotr  (a coincidence both are Wolves assets??)  that has prevented him riding here this season as he was known to be keen. Hopefully our sport in Britain will make it EASIER for ALL British riders to ride here from 2019 onwards. 

I too am genuinely excited at the current crop of next generation Brits, I just hope the BSPA don't alienate them in the future like others before them. Tai is just the latest in a long line of Brits they have messed about.

• Like 2