British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

he was offered extraliga but turned teams down #FACT 

Yes, but the fact is that you only turn down the extra Liga if your not going to start. 

So fact that he was wanted as a back up. 

36 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The only way any up and coming Brit is going to make it on the International and GP scene is to ditch the comfort of the second division as soon as they can. They need to be riding top flight here and Europe. Dan maybe needs another year in the 2nd tier but I just hope he is able to concentrate on the insecurity of making it abroad and take the knocks and set backs that come with a foreign contract. He has more than enough natural ability to get noticed in the lower tier in Poland and should be looking for options ASAP.

And that goes for any next generation rider.  The minute you settle for doubling up here you have gone for the easier option of money security over ambition.

Many knock Tai however he is on his way to being the our most decorated and celebrated British rider EVER. And he has earned it. Ditched the lower tiers as early as possible and toughed it out abroad until he made a breakthru in the World of Speedway. Might not be a popular decision however that's exactly what these next lot of boys need to be doing.

With the 2 night racing it's now possible for Brits to still keep UK league in the future. Let's face it its only the ridiculous one 8 and over rule coupled with the barmy reassessed averages for him and Piotr  (a coincidence both are Wolves assets??)  that has prevented him riding here this season as he was known to be keen. Hopefully our sport in Britain will make it EASIER for ALL British riders to ride here from 2019 onwards. 

I too am genuinely excited at the current crop of next generation Brits, I just hope the BSPA don't alienate them in the future like others before them. Tai is just the latest in a long line of Brits they have messed about.

Well I think the big 4 were hurt by the over 8  rule. BV and Swindon we know. 

Wolves had Pawlicki and Tai ready to fill spots. Not both but 1 at least. 

Poole had Dudek all done and dusted. So it’s a bit annoying that we could have seen better riders in lots of teams this season. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Poole had Dudek all done and dusted. So it’s a bit annoying that we could have seen better riders in lots of teams this season. 

You are wrong piotr pawlicki was coming to poole deal done 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

With Ford cutting costs do you really think Dubek was coming to Poole pull the other one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ray c said:

You are wrong piotr pawlicki was coming to poole deal done 

You don’t know enough about that. There is more than meets the eye. 

Dudek was deal done trust me. 

14 hours ago, hyderd said:

Don't get me wrong Starman, I like Brady he is young and entertains crowds, but to say he will be far better than Fricke is similar to saying Crump was far better than Adams, he wasn't and I'm pretty sure you'll agree on that.  

As for Dan becoming a good rider, he already is a good rider, he has only just turned 18 this month, so for a 17 year old in his first season in the top flight to beat F Lindgren,(who is nigh on unbeatable round the NSS) says alot about his ability. So yes I rate Dan very high and the fact that he is British excites me even more,another Brit I also rate highly is Zach Wajtknecht at Swindon, he has  beat Dan round the NSS , and that's no mean feat. There are other Young British riders coming through, keep your eye's on K Bickley, T Brennan is another to watch. These lads are our future Team GB riders, and I firmly believe they are better prospects than any Aussie of the same age. 

Crump was far better tham Leigh Adams... winning three world titles to Adams 0 during the same era. 

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I think your memory may be playing tricks with you!!  I will ask Jason for his view of events past when I speak to him next.

Earlier post: Dan Bewley in my 50+ plus years involvement in Speedway few others have made the impression on me that Dan Bewley already has. He has everything to become a major world force. 

It was when they were both 14/15 year olds back in about 1990.

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

Crump was far better tham Leigh Adams... winning three world titles to Adams 0 during the same era. 

A statement that is totally flawed and  this is coming from someone who was a Jason Crump fan but who got to see Leigh Adams everyweek.The difference between Crump/Adams was that Crump had more of a killer instinct even Jason would admit they were closely matched he had that much respect for him.World titles do not show the full picture Ronnie Moore is a fine example of that he only won two titles yet is recognised by the riders over the years as a much better rider than that Adams i would say is one of the best riders never to of won a World Title.

Crump obviously had something Adams didnt, and that got him three world titles to Adams 0. 

I liked both but I find it hard to argue with the fact that individually, Crump was a far better rider. 

43 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Crump obviously had something Adams didnt, and that got him three world titles to Adams 0. 

I liked both but I find it hard to argue with the fact that individually, Crump was a far better rider. 

If you go by World titles then maybe he was but as a example Pedersen won three titles yet for me i place him behind Crump/Gollob and behind Hancock.Graham Warren, Vic Huxley,Tom Farndon, Vic Duggan all never won World Titles but you would not dispute that they were great riders.

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

So because Adams never won world title, that makes M Loram a better rider than Adams.

Adams is the best rider to never win a world title, but if the title was like it use to be (a 1 off meeting) Adams would probably of won more than 1

• Like 1

Yes Crumpy had the ruthlessness and will to give that little extra required unlike Leigh imo.

Lorams win was a one off season, apart from that season Adams probably finished above him in every other gp season and in the averages every season. 

Crump was sublime in the leagues, was on the podium ten years on the bounce in the gps, won three world titles and in my opinion that makes him a far better rider than Adams who in fairness was majestic in the leagues but not a patch on Crump individually. 

Anyway back to the 'Poole 2018' thread - the track looked really smooth when I was down there yesterday. Glyn Taylor is just hopeful that it can fully dry out before any heavy rain/snow comes!

As previously mentioned the start/finish line has been moved back 6 metres, as the old position meant that riders were beginning to turn for the first bend over the gate 4 position.

Chris Holder although 4th in the average pecking order - will occupy a 'heat leader' berth. ie. probably 5, with Josh G probably starting off at 2.!!

Stadium improvements include the season ticket seats being improved. Other changes are ongoing.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyway back to the 'Poole 2018' thread - the track looked really smooth when I was down there yesterday. Glyn Taylor is just hopeful that it can fully dry out before any heavy rain/snow comes!

As previously mentioned the start/finish line has been moved back 6 metres, as the old position meant that riders were beginning to turn for the first bend over the gate 4 position.

Chris Holder although 4th in the average pecking order - will occupy a 'heat leader' berth. ie. probably 5, with Josh G probably starting off at 2.!!

Stadium improvements include the season ticket seats being improved. Other changes are ongoing.

Have to agree with your comments mate. Although i just think the track should have been looked at not long after the season finished, when Glyn had finished what he was doing. It doesnt give it much time to bed in, Snow, we rarely get it down here as you know, the rain wont be a problem it will help ease the base, providing we get a decent dry spell  temperatures go up a bit and a bit of sun  between now and P&P day. although it wont be this week..:angry: Do i hate the winter nowadays..

Edited by Starman2006