British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Lorams win was a one off season, apart from that season Adams probably finished above him in every other gp season and in the averages every season. 

Crump was sublime in the leagues, was on the podium ten years on the bounce in the gps, won three world titles and in my opinion that makes him a far better rider than Adams who in fairness was majestic in the leagues but not a patch on Crump individually. 

Crump only won more titles because Leigh was not ruthless enough in tight situations.  He would never deliberately carve up another rider which might end up with a long injury.

In many cases when they raced both riders were probably fairly equal on skill and riding ability. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Crump only won more titles because Leigh was not ruthless enough in tight situations.  He would never deliberately carve up another rider which might end up with a long injury.

In many cases when they raced both riders were probably fairly equal on skill and riding ability. 

Leigh was also predominantly an inside rider, which didnt really help his cause.

13 hours ago, ray c said:

You are wrong piotr pawlicki was coming to poole deal done 

The only facts we know is that Piotr was keen to come back and if wolves couldn't fit him in he asked his name to be circulated. Confirmed by CVS.

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Leigh was also predominantly an inside rider, which didnt really help his cause.

Ask the Abbey faithful A ORLOV,  Steve,Grachan,Hagonshocker etc)if Leigh was just an inside line rider not in my memory he wasn't.Pinny is right that Crump was the better rider but there was not a huge gulf in class between the two riders.I was not a massive fan of Leigh mainly because he followed Crump (snr) who was an idol of mine but god i so admired Leigh he was so good for a long period i only felt like that  after maybe when Darcy had the short spell.At Swindon we have been blessed with some real class acts Briggs,Ashby,Kilby,Crump(Snr) Leigh,Darcy ( horribly cut  short) Doyley.

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Ask the Abbey faithful A ORLOV,  Steve,Grachan,Hagonshocker etc)if Leigh was just an inside line rider not in my memory he wasn't.Pinny is right that Crump was the better rider but there was not a huge gulf in class between the two riders.I was not a massive fan of Leigh mainly because he followed Crump (snr) who was an idol of mine but god i so admired Leigh he was so good for a long period i only felt like that  after maybe when Darcy had the short spell.At Swindon we have been blessed with some real class acts Briggs,Ashby,Kilby,Crump(Snr) Leigh,Darcy ( horribly cut  short) Doyley.

Leigh was a class act, he rode so well with Tony in 0-3. Same as Chris and Darcy who's career as you say was horribly cut short. Affectionally know to me as the telepathic turbo twins.

44 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Crump won more titles because he was the better rider. Being ruthless and slamming the door closed on riders behind is part of being a good speedway rider. 

Look, I have no bias towards either rider but Crumps individual acheivements outclass Adams by some margin. 

13 hours ago, poolebolton said:

You don’t know enough about that. There is more than meets the eye. 

Dudek was deal done trust me. 

Just like the Vaculik deal was done that you kept going on about ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dabbsjoe said:

Just like the Vaculik deal was done that you kept going on about ?

Dudek was done. Believe what you want! 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yes I know, he could ride any line and often shepparded others around the track, inside or outside he was able to beat anyone at the Abbey.

Still do not agree that Crumpie was better.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyway back to the 'Poole 2018' thread - the track looked really smooth when I was down there yesterday. Glyn Taylor is just hopeful that it can fully dry out before any heavy rain/snow comes!

As previously mentioned the start/finish line has been moved back 6 metres, as the old position meant that riders were beginning to turn for the first bend over the gate 4 position.

Chris Holder although 4th in the average pecking order - will occupy a 'heat leader' berth. ie. probably 5, with Josh G probably starting off at 2.!!

Stadium improvements include the season ticket seats being improved. Other changes are ongoing.

Sounds good. As a matter of interest Clive, who pays for the seat improvements? Is it the stadium owners or the speedway promotion?

15 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Sounds good. As a matter of interest Clive, who pays for the seat improvements? Is it the stadium owners or the speedway promotion?

I would assume the stadium owners, but im sure that Clive will verify this..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Lorams win was a one off season, apart from that season Adams probably finished above him in every other gp season and in the averages every season. 

Crump was sublime in the leagues, was on the podium ten years on the bounce in the gps, won three world titles and in my opinion that makes him a far better rider than Adams who in fairness was majestic in the leagues but not a patch on Crump individually. 

Mark Loram finished above Leigh Adams in 5 consecutive gp seasons 1996-2000

Leigh Adams finished above Mark in the next 4 seasons 2001- 2004

Therefore if you include the fact Mark won a world crown its fair to say by your Crump v Adams logic that Mark was a better rider than Leigh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Dudek was done. Believe what you want! 

so why choose kurtz over dudek ?? no question who is the better rider :lol: