British Speedway Forum

48 minutes ago, DWP said:

Just sent in completed designs with sponsor logos for Kevlar suits for Polish and Danish team. Not surprised Matt Ford and possibly other teams not doing race suits. A Kevlar suit with sewn leather logos from Maliniak, KW, WK etc. Handmade in Poland is well over £1000 each. Can buy cheaper printed suits but don’t like as more like pyjamas.  

Always makes me laugh reading/hearing stuff like this. 

The same as people who buy cheap work boots in construction and then moan their uncomfortable/falling apart quickly.

£1000 is naff all for a suit that the rider will wear at least 30 times over an 8 month period. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pinny said:

The same as people who buy cheap work boots in construction and then moan their uncomfortable/falling apart quickly.

£1000 is naff all for a suit that the rider will wear at least 30 times over an 8 month period. 

In terms of rider safety and protection it may not be a high price but in the context of costs for a speedway team (which this little discussion is about), £12K + is a lot to come off the bottom line.

19 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Not really! 

Its a hell of a lot of money when they all there own suits anyway. 12K might have been spent on the track and that will reduce far more injuries than a Kevlar will. 

Think it’s a sensible decision. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

My point was not the cost of the suit for the rider as his clubs pay for them 100%. It was, that I can understand Matt Ford not doing team suits as he has to pay for them. Actually in Poland/Denmark/Sweden more like 15/20x worn. UK speedway needs to find cost cutting measures and race suits is one way of making a saving. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DWP said:

My point was not the cost of the suit for the rider as his clubs pay for them 100%. It was, that I can understand Matt Ford not doing team suits as he has to pay for them. Actually in Poland/Denmark/Sweden more like 15/20x worn. UK speedway needs to find cost cutting measures and race suits is one way of making a saving. 

The riders USED, to pay for there own Kevlars..

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The riders USED, to pay for there own Kevlars..

Exactly, kevlars are an item of safety clothing just like the back, neck protectors and boots and bought by the rider unless the team want a team uniform in which case the team should then pay.

The payment to the rider should  cover items of clothing as it often does van and mechanic etc.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Clarke Osbourne does not own Poole stadium. He is tenant leaseholder. Not owner.

He's tenant leaseholder at Torquay United but he's still trying to get houses built on the ground though. Local authority are blocking his plans at present. A man that needs watching & no complacency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Exactly, kevlars are an item of safety clothing just like the back, neck protectors and boots and bought by the rider unless the team want a team uniform in which case the team should then pay.

The payment to the rider should  cover items of clothing as it often does van and mechanic etc.

Exactly, Kevlars Back protectors Boots and steel shoes are a nesessity,  but its up to the individual rider if they wear a neck brace. Some do some don't.

44 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Exactly, Kevlars Back protectors Boots and steel shoes are a nesessity,  but its up to the individual rider if they wear a neck brace. Some do some don't.

With the neck injuries of late maybe they should be made compulsory to wear.

5 hours ago, ray c said:

Loads of photos on twitter of the Poole track

the track looks very good, good to see noddy consulted about the track

Interesting article about the track work here:  http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16053122.Track_expert_Taylor_goes_to_work_on_Pirates_circuit/

If the work carried out is prone to frost damage why has it been carried out at the coldest time of year?

Anybody know how wide Poole is on the bends?

Anyhow, Matt Ford is to be applauded for investing in the track, his most important "asset", other promotions should take note.

6 hours ago, ray c said:

Loads of photos on twitter of the Poole track 

where can I find these please, Like a better look than those posted on the Echo's site

20 minutes ago, packerman said:

where can I find these please, Like a better look than those posted on the Echo's site

They were echo photos I'm afraid

2 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Interesting article about the track work here:  http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16053122.Track_expert_Taylor_goes_to_work_on_Pirates_circuit/

If the work carried out is prone to frost damage why has it been carried out at the coldest time of year?

Anybody know how wide Poole is on the bends?

Anyhow, Matt Ford is to be applauded for investing in the track, his most important "asset", other promotions should take note.

we don't have to at NSS its already the finest racing track in the country :lol:

20 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

we don't have to at NSS its already the finest racing track in the country :lol:

Nor at Wolves where it's best prepared.  :wink: