Nor at Wolves where it's best prepared.  :wink:

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nor at Wolves where it's best prepared.  :wink:

your welcome to watch that rubbish every week :lol:

Edited by geoff58
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

And more than happy too! Still after years of the worst track at Kirky Lane it's only right the Aces finally had a good track. :lol:

Give me tight and technical any day tho. 

51 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

28 posts in and your winding up people who have been posters on here a lot longer than you have. BV might be a decent track, but it should be, its brand new  and therefore easier to maintain.. But it is also to big. but i doubt you will agree with me.. for which i will not respond. Please consider other posters views.

Edited by Starman2006

37 minutes ago, ouch said:

I miss Telford too. 

There is ice speedway happening in Sweden and Russia if you are desperate for a fix. 

But yea,  Telford was more entertaining than Kirky 

25 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

28 posts in and your winding up people who have been posters on here a lot longer than you have. BV might be a decent track, but it should be, its brand new  and therefore easier to maintain.. But it is also to big. but i doubt you will agree with me.. for which i will not respond. Please consider other posters views.

To big a strange comment ? this track is in the top four tracks in the World now and we should be proud of it.As a supporter i loved Hyde Rd in a way like the Abbey at Swindon a bit shabby and tired but the track was awesome to have another track to rival Hyde Rd is awesome great for British speedway.

• Like 6

Indeed, Belle Vue is almost the perfect shape and size for a speedway track and provides proper fast speedway racing like nowhere else in the UK. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Indeed, Belle Vue is almost the perfect shape and size for a speedway track and provides proper fast speedway racing like nowhere else in the UK. 

Anybody criticising the new Belle Vue is suffering from one of two things; jealousy or stupidity.

It is the best in this country by a mile, and we should create more tracks along similar lines.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Anybody criticising the new Belle Vue is suffering from one of two things; jealousy or stupidity.

It is the best in this country by a mile, and we should create more tracks along similar lines.

12 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Like watching dan bewley round the outside at the nss

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

To big a strange comment ? this track is in the top four tracks in the World now and we should be proud of it.As a supporter i loved Hyde Rd in a way like the Abbey at Swindon a bit shabby and tired but the track was awesome to have another track to rival Hyde Rd is awesome great for British speedway.

Yeh, but i also think the Abbey is to big. Take 10 metres of each end then you would have the near perfect track. plenty of follow the leader racing there mate.. BV is like any decent good shaped track, you will still get many a follow the leader racing, of course you will get the odd PROPER speedway race the same as any decent shaped track, ie Poole and Somerset spring to mind but because of the nature of the BV track and being so wide riders will feel safer in taking more risks, which applies to any track, if the rider feels safe he will put himself out more. But i just feel some fans are going a little over board. Remember, they will be paying a huge rent to the council, so they need to get the fans in, although i believe that is not always the case, and how many councils are prepared to build new tracks and stadia ?They have been lucky, the best thing they did was get out of Kirky lane. But Its new therefore will if kept on top of   be easier to maintain.

I got the 2017 ELRC  DVD for Christmas god there was some great racing in that meeting and by all accounts there was even better meetings than that through out the season.The track is built along the lines of Torun/ Hyde Rd a great shape just a shame about not being able to have bigger crowds as to have that track hosting GPS would of been awesome.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I got the 2017 ELRC  DVD for Christmas god there was some great racing in that meeting and by all accounts there was even better meetings than that through out the season.The track is built along the lines of Torun/ Hyde Rd a great shape just a shame about not being able to have bigger crowds as to have that track hosting GPS would of been awesome.

Thats the thing Sid, you need to get the crowds in to pay your way, internationals and individuals are shared events so the club would only get a portion of the income thats why for league racing they must get the crowds in,, we go back to that Carrot again. Torun is good, and although i didnt really see Hyde rd just bits of footage, but i heard that was superb.

Edited by Starman2006

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, but i also think the Abbey is to big. Take 10 metres of each end then you would have the near perfect track. plenty of follow the leader racing there mate.. BV is like any decent good shaped track, you will still get many a follow the leader racing, of course you will get the odd PROPER speedway race the same as any decent shaped track, ie Poole and Somerset spring to mind but because of the nature of the BV track and being so wide riders will feel safer in taking more risks, which applies to any track, if the rider feels safe he will put himself out more. But i just feel some fans are going a little over board. Remember, they will be paying a huge rent to the council, so they need to get the fans in, although i believe that is not always the case, and how many councils are prepared to build new tracks and stadia ?They have been lucky, the best thing they did was get out of Kirky lane. But Its new therefore will if kept on top of   be easier to maintain.

The Abbey through out the 60s,70, 80, was a great racetrack when prepared but now it is half the track.Since having the second bend altered it has changed but it is still a fast track and when they change the size it will take some getting used to.In Yesteryear that is what made the BL a great league differing tracks different challenges you had as (ex) Hyde Rd, Swindon, King's Lynn,Sheffield,Halifax,Hackney,Leicester,Exeter,Cradley the old Monmore green all different in there own unique way we have not got that now.

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The Abbey through out the 60s,70, 80, was a great racetrack when prepared but now it is half the track.Since having the second bend altered it has changed but it is still a fast track and when they change the size it will take some getting used to.In Yesteryear that is what made the BL a great league differing tracks different challenges you had as (ex) Hyde Rd, Swindon, King's Lynn,Sheffield,Halifax,Hackney,Leicester,Exeter,Cradley the old Monmore green all different in there own unique way we have not got that now.

Very true, Swindon KL Sheffield Shay Halifax Exeter Wembley were all big galloping tracks,  the others may have been at some point but are not now. As with Ackney and Cradley and even Wimbledon White City Reading sadly they now no longer exist.