British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate ive not had the chance to get up there yet, all  being well, i hope to get up there this season I do agree with your lack of falls bit as appart from a small scrum on bend one all the riders are able to spread out a bit, and will have more time to plan there attack, there are 4 laps to a race, many riders want to do it all in one lap. I see like Sid, you are a big fan of the old Hyde road track..

The BLRC at Belle Vue took some beating even the very wet 1983 renewal was brilliant and seeing Carter around there at his best was a treat.The Ivan Mauger meeting also was a great event i think there was six in a race in that meeting Nielsen and remember Cookie Cook being very quick.I never in my lifetime thought that that track would have a rival but today's Belle Vue certainly is as Aces 51 said great that non gaters can go there i.e.) Auty ( can't gate for toffee) and have a real go.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The BLRC at Belle Vue took some beating even the very wet 1983 renewal was brilliant and seeing Carter around there at his best was a treat.The Ivan Mauger meeting also was a great event i think there was six in a race in that meeting Nielsen and remember Cookie Cook being very quick.I never in my lifetime thought that that track would have a rival but today's Belle Vue certainly is as Aces 51 said great that non gaters can go there i.e.) Auty ( can't gate for toffee) and have a real go.

Blimey Sid, we are going back a bit now. Yep even the likes of Auty can have a go, because you have the room and you have the time to line up your attack.

50 minutes ago, dump that clutch said:

now that is funny... :D:D

Very good..:D

20 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

28 posts in and your winding up people who have been posters on here a lot longer than you have. BV might be a decent track, but it should be, its brand new  and therefore easier to maintain.. But it is also to big. but i doubt you will agree with me.. for which i will not respond. Please consider other posters views.

To big ? , ive heard it all now,

In which way is it 'to big'?

Starman, some of the biggest tracks are in Poland, we constantly get reminded of how good the racing is over there. We now have a track in the UK to rival any Polish track. As you rightly say, some races are from the gate, but the racing is still fast and close when it's FRG as riders trust the track and space and lines are plentiful.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

To big ? , ive heard it all now,

In which way is it 'to big'?

To big to long. Like Swindon if it was 10 metres shorter at each end you would have the perfect track.

26 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Starman, some of the biggest tracks are in Poland, we constantly get reminded of how good the racing is over there. We now have a track in the UK to rival any Polish track. As you rightly say, some races are from the gate, but the racing is still fast and close when it's FRG as riders trust the track and space and lines are plentiful.

I couldnt disagree, some of the best tracks are in Poland, but what BV have got is room, as i said riders do not have to do it all on lap one. But although they may, get some decent racing, its no different to some of the other tracks. I mean, just as a small example, they bang on about certain individual meetings, well take the world cup final at Poole, Havvy v Rempala, you wont see to many of those, anywhere..  The 1981 world final at Wembley, Penhall V Knudsen and Penhall V Olsen, nobodys made a song and dance about that. People would que for miles to watch Mark Loram at Poole, weekly he would tear up opponants, Same as Kryztof Cegelski he was the same used to dance round riders, then you had Micheal Lee, and ive seen Chris Morton do the same and then theres poor Darcy, and Chris holder, the telepathic turbo twins i called them, they did the same,Somerset get some cracking racing, things do happen at other tracks, not just BV. but the way some talk you wouldnt think so..

Edited by Starman2006

So looks like Glyn wants the job full time but Matt's not agreed to it,  is that down to not a good TV deal to....

24 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Starman, some of the biggest tracks are in Poland, we constantly get reminded of how good the racing is over there. We now have a track in the UK to rival any Polish track.

Exactly.      What we need in Britain is more big tracks like the NSS to compete with the Polish scene.

We've now got one which competes with the Polish tracks and is even better than quite a lot of them  (Though the NSS is some 35 metres shorter than the old Hyde Road, which was considered the best track in the world). 

Most supporters (even the majority of Poole supporters) recognise that the NSS is world class and far and away the best track in Britain.     As someone said, you've got to be stupid or jealous to say otherwise.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Exactly.      What we need in Britain is more big tracks like the NSS to compete with the Polish scene.

We've now got one which competes with the Polish tracks and is even better than quite a lot of them  (Though the NSS is some 35 metres shorter than the old Hyde Road, which was considered the best track in the world). 

Most supporters (even the majority of Poole supporters) recognise that the NSS is world class and far and away the best track in Britain.     As someone said, you've got to be stupid or jealous to say otherwise.

Everybody has there opinions mate, ive got mine. Try reading my posts, but you wont do that, will you... You'l just jump in toes first..

Edited by Starman2006

Everyone says BV is one of the best tracks in Speedway  

But even though he's never been , Starman says it's  "to big" , ....

Bizarre ???  ;)

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Everyone says BV is one of the best tracks in Speedway  

But even though he's never been , Starman says it's  "to big" , ....

Bizarre ???  ;)

Opinions mate. Dont like it dont respond. Simple really. I dont need the hastle. I mentioned Chris morton in my post, there aint no pleasing some.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Opinions mate. Dont like it dont respond. Simple really. I dont need the hastle. I mentioned Chris morton in my post, there aint no pleasing some.

don't you just love the arrogance of pie-rats and they wonder why they are hated :lol:

• Like 1