British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I've not made it yet, but from tv and videos I've seen looks the perfect track. Wish we had it at Poole.

From what I also have seen also on TV and videos it looks a great track and I agree I wish we had it at Poole on our track. For the last few years, the Poole track has been often poor which is unacceptable. 

Certainly hope this new relaying etc at Poole does the job and not before time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

From what I also have seen also on TV and videos it looks a great track and I agree I wish we had it at Poole on our track. For the last few years, the Poole track has been often poor which is unacceptable. 

Certainly hope this new relaying etc at Poole does the job and not before time.

Thing is mate, you need the right shale, Red shale is the best in the business, it binds better than anything else. You also need to put the four wheel blade round first thing before prep, every week. Once you've done that you can do what you like with the track. It takes about 45 mins to an hr to do it properly. When its right we have a dam good track, since john retired in 0-12 its been very much trial and Error,, Im not complaining about the BV track its been built on the same lines as Hyde rd, although i never see that track but  clearly it got rave reviews, Like Swindon, its just an observation, some Swindon fans admit if the track was 10 metres shorter at each end you would have a dam good race track, My observation is the same at BV,  they dont seem to grasp that and they think i am critisising the set up, clearly they dont read the posts and just wade in feet first. my observation is the same at Berwick, if they took part of a corner off it would make it far better and rounded, an observation.. The place at BV is brand new, and providing they keep on top of it it will last for years in tip top condition. Everybody is welcome to there opinions, but clearly poole fans are not. Nothing new there...

Edited by Starman2006

There is no comparison between Swindon and Belle Vue! 
Whenever I have seen Swindon, in person or on TV, it has been a 1 line wonder. 
The size is fine, the shape and likely the banking, material, etc, etc. are where the problems are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

No

The track work carried out by Glyn Taylor has reportedly been done in consultation with Matt and Chris Holder. Chris is reported to be very pleased with it.

Seeing it first hand before the snow and ice arrived, it looked smooth and pristine with a tad more banking?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Have a look at Belle Vue on Google Maps starman and compare it to Swindon and Berwick and almost any other big track apart from Peterborough, it's much rounder and has bends which are far longer and more sweeping. It really doesn't need shortening.

• Like 2

hmm wonder which stadium/track as just been awarded FIM NATIONS CUP ?? say no more the finest stadium/track in the country i rest my case lol :lol:

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Have a look at Belle Vue on Google Maps starman and compare it to Swindon and Berwick and almost any other big track apart from Peterborough, it's much rounder and has bends which are far longer and more sweeping. It really doesn't need shortening.

Ive seen all three tracks on TV mate, but im sure there will be some on here who will want to make a song and Dance about my posts without even reading them. But you get them everywhere you go...

1 hour ago, Stoke Potter said:

The size is fine, the shape and likely the banking, material, etc, etc. are where the problems are.

Thank you for you input, i wont lose any sleep over it..

Mike let me tell you one thing there is NOT a track in this country can get hold of red shale anymore. Ever track last season had struggles after breedoen stopped makeing it.

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

hmm wonder which stadium/track as just been awarded FIM NATIONS CUP ?? say no more the finest stadium/track in the country i rest my case lol :lol:

Errrr....

It has been awarded a leg, not the final, and the lineup is crap. Won’t be many bothering with it to be honest. 

If you want to see a real lineup come to Poole’s 70th aniversary meeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Mike let me tell you one thing there is NOT a track in this country can get hold of red shale anymore. Ever track last season had struggles after breedoen stopped makeing it.

Well we have some so i think we had better use it sparringly. Nothing else gets near it.  thats a shame.

Edited by Starman2006

line up crap eh lets see !! mind you don't swallow that lump in your throat :lol:

11 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Why don't they truck it in from Europe? Road freight isn't that expensive compared to the reward, especially if you get multiple clubs in on it.

20 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Im a Swindon fan who goes every week and the racing has been poo most weeks for the last few years.

• Like 3