British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Exclusive.....Poole pioneering the way forward for all teams to be able to sign good riders.Scrap race suits.

Your first sentence was fair enough.The second,a bit childish ;)

The first sentence is also absolute nonsense if you do abit of research online. Just because Matt Ford says it, doesn't make it gospel.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Najjer said:

The first sentence is also absolute nonsense if you do abit of research online. Just because Matt Ford says it, doesn't make it gospel.

I can understand that teams need to cut costs, and theres not much money about.As for the cost,i don't know..Did'nt Poole buy 10 last season though ;).

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

£12,000? He got ripped off then. A quick google search shows it could be done for between £4,750 and £5,500.

With a good marketing department and marketing drive, some companies with some excess cash would be more than tempted to cough up to have their names plastered on them. 

Naj, i believe they are £500 a piece, but i also believe the riders bought there own Kevlars..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Naj, i believe they are £500 a piece, but i also believe the riders bought there own Kevlars..

So why has Matt Ford said he's paid out a lot of money for them then if the riders paid for them themselves?

I believe they cost in the region of about £650 - £700 but it's still hardly ground breaking money.

Edited by Najjer

Just now, Najjer said:

So why has Matt Ford said he's paid out a lot of money for them then if the riders paid for them themselves?

I believe they cost in the region of about £650 - £700 but it's still hardly ground breaking money.

No, as near as dam it 500 mate, there maybe other little twiddly bits we dont know about, so i wouldnt doubt him.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The second sentence reeks of the usual Poole arrogance which up to now we haven't seen from poolebolton. Hopefully its a one off.

Just a one off. 

But I would rather see better riders than someone race around in blue, red, gold, black whatever the colour may be. 

I would rather every rider rode in there own racesuits and all teams have better riders. 

Last year Ford paid for every single racesuit. If they are 500 a piece. 

KK had 3 I know that he requested it. 

Everyone else had at least 1 and some 2. So in total maybe about 20 last season. 

Surely the league could sign a deal with Dstar or who ever they see fit so all clubs get provided racesuits if people are so desperate to see someone go around in a certain colour. 

For any Poole fan who is against the decision and this isn't a dig at any other team but when your winning people forget stuff very quickly. 

23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

At Coventry I believe riders bought them but they were reimbursed when they gave them back to the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Just a one off. 

But I would rather see better riders than someone race around in blue, red, gold, black whatever the colour may be. 

I would rather every rider rode in there own racesuits and all teams have better riders. 

Everyone else had at least 1 and some 2. So in total maybe about 20 last season. 

Surely the league could sign a deal with Dstar or who ever they see fit so all clubs get provided racesuits if people are so desperate to see someone go around in a certain colour. 

For any Poole fan who is against the decision and this isn't a dig at any other team but when your winning people forget stuff very quickly. 

Yep i would agree with your part that all riders would have a least two pairs.

8 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Just a one off. 

Some of your post makes sense. The deal with a supplier would make sense to reduce the costs, although they aren't massive costs anyway.

Teams should start being tougher with riders and provide them with 1 suit and that is it, especially when they are being used once or twice a week. More fool the teams that have coughed up money for more than 1 suit per riders! 

7 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

At Coventry I believe riders bought them but they were reimbursed when they gave them back to the club.

That makes perfect sense, especially when the clubs sponsors are not only on the chest but on the thighs like Somerset's were last year.

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We all wish you would. For a long time. :lol:

ho ho ho the jovial sense of that is about as boring as you :lol:

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Some of your post makes sense. The deal with a supplier would make sense to reduce the costs, although they aren't massive costs anyway.

Teams should start being tougher with riders and provide them with 1 suit and that is it, especially when they are being used once or twice a week. More fool the teams that have coughed up money for more than 1 suit per riders! 

That makes perfect sense, especially when the clubs sponsors are not only on the chest but on the thighs like Somerset's were last year.

Problem is mate, if they should rip a set in a fall they have to have a replacement set of Kevlars. So it does make a lot of sence to have two pairs..

Race suits v Race jackets: As with most things we will all find Matt is a thinking a few steps ahead of what's been said currently!

Do you not all think team race suits allow for team sponsors to be clearly identified in a certain spot. It's also far more professional from a TV stand point. Imagine on the TV - Swindon vs Poole - one team in race suits, one not. Won't look good IMO - Before some say, In Sweden not all teams do, I don't like it there either......

I'm not trying to Poole bash, it's just an opinion. I will say the same to any side who don't use team Kevlar's.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

Obviously Matt is confident of beating every team put before him, he is sure of having the last laugh..... 

plenty of surface water on the track this morning,hardly surprising!2nd bend very very wet,the exit under standing water