British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As ive said.. But know doubt you wont tell us who this "rider" i doubt you will tell us..

It’s no trade secret - Nicolai Klindt,  I just asked him how many suits did Poole supply you with in 2016. He said one, same with all the team. The Danish rider I manage, rode in Uk 2013-2016 and the 2 teams he rode for only supplied him with one suit per season. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

the issue i've noticed the last couple of years mainly is that more and more riders are using the neck brace, so whether it's kevlars or race jackets the sponsors are generally covered anyway, as well as team names in some cases.

the straps for these braces go over the racejacket/kevlar and it looks pretty nasty so a redesign of where sponsors and team logos go is something that needs looking at

I agree Steve. When I do Nicklas suits (though he doesn’t like the neck brace and doesn’t use ) Thought is given to position of logos and size of them. As you know from your photos, his logos always stand out so his sponsors logos are prominent when photos posted on social media. That way we can go back to sponsors to show coverage they got and can also be used in discussions with potential sponsors. 

an example of what i mean

031.jpg

18 minutes ago, stevehone said:

an example of what i mean

031.jpg

Thats Cookie in a BV suit with a neck brace..

29 minutes ago, DWP said:

It’s no trade secret - Nicolai Klindt,  I just asked him how many suits did Poole supply you with in 2016. He said one, same with all the team. The Danish rider I manage, rode in Uk 2013-2016 and the 2 teams he rode for only supplied him with one suit per season. 

I think  if you asked any rider with a top flight British club the answer would be one racesuit per person. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevehone said:

the issue i've noticed the last couple of years mainly is that more and more riders are using the neck brace, so whether it's kevlars or race jackets the sponsors are generally covered anyway, as well as team names in some cases.

the straps for these braces go over the racejacket/kevlar and it looks pretty nasty so a redesign of where sponsors and team logos go is something that needs looking at

Good point Steve. And your picture perfectly explains that point. 

I see road works started on wimborne road today predicted chaos 

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That is what i call an example! 

Well spotted !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So just for clarification on this Poole thread, are Somerset having racesuits or not, Naijer??

Its Poole's 70th Anniversary year so a 70th Anniversary race bib with main sponsors front and back is a sensible option for this season. Many of Poole's sponsors also do individual deals with riders so expect rider kevlars to be suitably adorned also.

I'm led to believe they are not - a decision I'm strongly against.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Problem is mate, if you have 2 meetings in a week which can be the case unless you  can sew you need a spare set, and if you ask any rider they will tell you they have at least 2 sets of Kevlars decked out with the same sponsorship logo's.

I sponsored a riders kevlars for 2 seasons, & can assure you that he didn't have 2 sets. When they were damaged, he wore an old pair, or the Kevlars from his other team, as he was doubling up.

I think both cost cutting exercises kevlars and commercial manager just shows what a businessman matt ford is:blink:

A businessman would have sold 10 advertising section on race suits at £350.00 each So 10 x £350 = £3.500 a race suit x 7 = £24,500 income. This income would pay for race suits and a wage for a commercial manager for a year. The commercial manager then could spend his time marketing Poole Speedway to increase crowds and gain more sponsorship. A good commercial manager with the Poole brand should gain extra £60,000 income over a season.

But what did Matt ford do: He spent all his time  putting a team together of riders on false averages which in turn probably means he had to use a lot of his sponsors to gain there signatures.

At the end of the day Matt Ford can run Poole Speedway how he likes but Speedway needs to look at the bigger picture (not because Poole are getting rid of kevlars the rest of the teams should follow)

1 hour ago, wessexboy said:

I think both cost cutting exercises kevlars and commercial manager just shows what a businessman matt ford is:blink:

A businessman would have sold 10 advertising section on race suits at £350.00 each So 10 x £350 = £3.500 a race suit x 7 = £24,500 income. This income would pay for race suits and a wage for a commercial manager for a year. The commercial manager then could spend his time marketing Poole Speedway to increase crowds and gain more sponsorship. A good commercial manager with the Poole brand should gain extra £60,000 income over a season.

But what did Matt ford do: He spent all his time  putting a team together of riders on false averages which in turn probably means he had to use a lot of his sponsors to gain there signatures.

At the end of the day Matt Ford can run Poole Speedway how he likes but Speedway needs to look at the bigger picture (not because Poole are getting rid of kevlars the rest of the teams should follow)

crap 

• Like 2

Don’t think you understand how sponsors work. 

• Like 1

Commercial Manager???  Who was that then?  Poole have taken on a designer and a media agency!!

• Like 1