British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Commercial Manager???  Who was that then?  Poole have taken on a designer and a media agency!!

Yep. The news and info coming out of Poole has increased ten fold.

7 hours ago, geoff58 said:

crap 

Everything Poole related is to you, but Hey, nobodys perfect...

Hi mike when is pooles press a practice ? With the ben fund meeting off, think lots of press a practice days all over will be cancelled?

3 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Hi mike when is pooles press a practice ? With the ben fund meeting off, think lots of press a practice days all over will be cancelled?

Hello mate, 21 st , sponsors late afternoon fans from 1800 hrs, lets hope the weather starts to play ball.

44 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Everything Poole related is to you, but Hey, nobodys perfect...

especially tunnel vision pie-rats :lol:

Think with all the good work been done to the track dont want to do damage, think all tracks all over will be the same

30 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

R.I.P Vaclav Verner.....very sad news.

Yeh i agree with this RIP Vaci Verner.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, DWP said:

Just had conversation with a 2016 Poole rider. Each rider was supplied with ONE set of Club kevlars. As he said “ why would I need 2 sets” 

Well that's sorted then..And I don't by that Ford did the bib thing in protest of the TV deal in 2018 as posted either.It's up to each promoter to do as they wish. Money must be tight, and if Matt had to pay for the track work,then maybe that's why ?

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well that's sorted then..And I don't by that Ford did the bib thing in protest of the TV deal in 2018 as posted either.It's up to each promoter to do as they wish. Money must be tight, and if Matt had to pay for the track work,then maybe that's why ?

Matts not short of money. 

He he has a 100K deal sorted for Dudek. I promise it’s not money.

Pity the 8 point rule scppered that. Don’t care which team you support dudek in the league would have been awesome.!

6 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Pity the 8 point rule scppered that. Don’t care which team you support dudek in the league would have been awesome.!

and who was going to get the 100k that was in place for dudek then . pie in the sky me think

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poolebolton said:

We all know how ruthless M F is when it comes to choosing who rides for his Poole team. If as you say "He has a 100K deal sorted for Dudek. I promise it’s not money." Then why would he choose a none GP rider,over the world No 2 who would put more bums on seats for his No 1 rider.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hyderd said:

We all know how ruthless M F is when it comes to choosing who rides for his Poole team. If as you say "He has a 100K deal sorted for Dudek. I promise it’s not money." Then why would he choose a none GP rider,over the world No 2 who would put more bums on seats for his No 1 rider.

As you say why would you choose Brady over dudek if dudek was ready to come .no disrespect to Brady 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

As you say why would you choose Brady over dudek if dudek was ready to come .no disrespect to Brady 

Hadn't they already signed Kurtz when the 1 over 8 rule was agreed

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Hadn't they already signed Kurtz when the 1 over 8 rule was agreed

Brady's deal was done before he went back to Australia last season!!  Dudek was a definite target last season, but I seriously doubt whether he could be comfortably afforded this year.

Poole, like most clubs I presume, run to an annual budget which will be based on expected achievements, crowd numbers, sponsorship etc.  Its no secret that Poole have had 2 successive seasons of 'under-achievement' by their own high performance standards - made even worse by injuries and dramatic under performing by certain riders!!

That said, there has clearly been an unexpected financial strain on the club's budget which MF is attempting to address for the coming season and is cutting his cloth in selected areas accordingly.

Fortunately sponsorship and advertising income is still very buoyant, whilst turnstile income will no doubt be swelled when the team are successful again - eg season ticket sales have already been reported as being the best for 10 years!!  An improved customer experience has been promised with track work and grandstand seating improvements already done and other racenight/presentation tweaks underway.

Personally I can't wait for the team fixtures to begin on Good Friday. Bring it on.:D

• Like 1