Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes that sounds good, Matt Ford liked the bouncy track because it gave us home advantage, personally i prefer a smooth track so we get better racing 

i preferred the old bigger track in the 80's

VIDEO:ACTION AND INTERVIEWS FROM WIMBORNE ROAD

15th March 2018

Catch the action and interviews from the extra behind-closed-doors practice session which took place yesterday at Wimborne Road.

Chris Holder, Brady Kurtz, Josh Grajczonek and James Shanes put themselves through their paces under the watchful eye of team manager Neil Middleditch and Matt Ford.

With winter work having been done on the circuit by Glyn Taylor the quartet of Pirates at the testing session gave it their thumbs up.

video courtesy of Speedwayportal.com

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/2018-03-15-video-action-and-interviews-from-wimborne-road.html

Edited by Poole Quay 7

6 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

No Holder interview then?

Right now he is a busy man. 

Had visa problems in Poland that’s why he is not there. 

But the fact he liked the track and was first one out is a good sign!! 

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Right now he is a busy man. 

Had visa problems in Poland that’s why he is not there. 

But the fact he liked the track and was first one out is a good sign!! 

Your post says he wasn't there then it said he was there must have read it wrong ?

15 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

How many Poole fans are looking forward to a good season ? I am !!  ;)  :rolleyes:

Let’s face it, scoring 40 points at home would be an improvement! :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stevehone said:

i preferred the old bigger track in the 80's

300 is about the right size mate, if i had any gripe about our track is it could be a little wider all round.

27 minutes ago, ray c said:

Your post says he wasn't there then it said he was there must have read it wrong ?

Sorry, he is meant to be in Torun this week. But due to polish visa issues could not go so hence why he was at the track yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Sorry, he is meant to be in Torun this week. But due to polish visa issues could not go so hence why he was at the track yesterday. 

I think Chris was always going to be a Poole y'day mate. Same as he will be for P&P day and the big meeting. Chris just needs to ride his bike, his demeanour was very positive y'day and some good scores early on will do his confidence the power of good.

I would like to thank all the track staff, they put the air fence up yesterday which was a massive job in the conditions.

The track held up ok. Needs a week of good weather to harden the surface up.

The guys helping yesterday were great,  a lot of knowledge so they were telling me where there are small problems with the surface that appear during a meeting.

The rakers are there week in week out and see things with the track that most don't see, so working with them will be good.

Glyn.

Edited by speedflash
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think Chris was always going to be a Poole y'day mate. Same as he will be for P&P day and the big meeting. Chris just needs to ride his bike, his demeanour was very positive y'day and some good scores early on will do his confidence the power of good.

Just Torun put up a post yesterday saying that he was having visa issues. 

But the most important thing is a happy Chris Holder and a fast one. 

35 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Wonder if Matt might go after this Jaimon Lidsey. Is rated highly by Lezsno and is good mates with Kurtz. 

Mate, if there's any riders in the offing you know as well as i do he will know about them.. Thats his job. I remember watching Chris at Somerset before he joined us, and i was raving about this young Aussie Chris Holder to Matt. Matt just smiled, nuff said..:lol:;)

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate, if there's any riders in the offing you know as well as i do he will know about them.. Thats his job. I remember watching Chris at Somerset before he joined us, and i was raving about this young Aussie Chris Holder to Matt. Matt just smiled, nuff said..:lol:;)

Sure he has a few on the radar already 

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Let's not go ott here. Ford never found him, he found Ford (via Mick Poole). Mick Poole contacted Ford when Peterborough failed to do anything about signing Chris after he'd had a couple of after meeting spins round Alwalton on machinery borrowed from Jason Crump.

• Like 1