British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Let's not go ott here. Ford never found him, he found Ford (via Mick Poole). Mick Poole contacted Ford when Peterborough failed to do anything about signing Chris after he'd had a couple of after meeting spins round Alwalton on machinery borrowed from Jason Crump.

More fools peterbourgh. if they had the chance to sign him they messed up big time.  It seems Poole was always on the agenda, who knows how that conversation went and befored hand. That wouldnt have been the first time Mick had contacted Matt...;)

Edited by Starman2006

20 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Let's not go ott here. Ford never found him, he found Ford (via Mick Poole). Mick Poole contacted Ford when Peterborough failed to do anything about signing Chris after he'd had a couple of after meeting spins round Alwalton on machinery borrowed from Jason Crump.

Yes, who was in charge at that time?

Still a concern that Holder has not appeared in any interviews in the local Echo and didn't take part in the interviews from yesterdays practice. To me it is saying that there are still issues behind the scenes, I hope I am wrong but that is the impression being given

12 minutes ago, simon.c said:

Still a concern that Holder has not appeared in any interviews in the local Echo and didn't take part in the interviews from yesterdays practice. To me it is saying that there are still issues behind the scenes, I hope I am wrong but that is the impression being given

Maybe he is worried about the reception he will get around the tracks in the UK this season coming

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Maybe he is worried about the reception he will get around the tracks in the UK this season coming

I dont think that will bother him to be honest.Im very sure he will get a good reception at Poole, thats all that counts.

41 minutes ago, simon.c said:

This was the point I was raising earlier, all were interviewed apart from him, mind he probably feels he is above being interviewed now.

I look forward to seeing Chris ride again and i think he will get an ok reception at Swindon i hope so anyway.A fresh start for him we all make mistakes in life so let him move on hopefully he will get back to the form that we all know he is capable of.I think Chris wants to stay low profile concentrate on his racing and enjoy his racing again.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

The thing is that after all the press about him wanting away from Poole it is not helping with the lack of interaction

I made my position clear on him when we signed him, if he does a good job fine but doesn't mean I have to like him because he is wearing the skull and crossbones.

33 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

This was the point I was raising earlier, all were interviewed apart from him, mind he probably feels he is above being interviewed now.

Chris is fine, he will do his talking on the  track for the time being. He was first out y'day he had a spring in his step and he seemed happy. He just has to do what he's best a, ride his bike. A few good scores early on will do him the world of good. I really dont think Chris will be to bothered about those that dont like him. He will still get a good reception at Poole, thats all that matters.

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Chris is fine, he will do his talking on the  track for the time being. He was first out y'day he had a spring in his step and he seemed happy. He just has to do what he's best a, ride his bike. A few good scores early on will do him the world of good. I really dont think Chris will be to bothered about those that dont like him. He will still get a good reception at Poole, thats all that matters.

I think a rider wants a good reception where ever he rides not just poole and he must be concered hopefully it will be ok for him 

22 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think a rider wants a good reception where ever he rides not just poole and he must be concered hopefully it will be ok for him 

Maybe they do, but i dont think Chris will lose any sleep over it if he doesnt. Chris has been through a rough time, and already people are banging the drum. Give the bloke a chance.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

I agree but he will get a good reception at Poole especially after a couple of good meetings, he may not get a great reception elsewhere especially Kings Lynn but he deserves a chance to put the past behind him. He has been a terrific servant to Poole over the years and  will do a great job for the team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree but he will get a good reception at Poole especially after a couple of good meetings, he may not get a great reception elsewhere especially Kings Lynn but he deserves a chance to put the past behind him. He has been a terrific servant to Poole over the years and  will do a great job for the team.

Spot on, definately..

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Spot on, definately..

Unfortunately our first meeting is at Wolves so I am not expecting much from him there.