British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Maybe he is worried about the reception he will get around the tracks in the UK this season coming

:D:D I very much doubt he gives a fudge Ray ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

More fools peterbourgh. if they had the chance to sign him they messed up big time.  It seems Poole was always on the agenda, who knows how that conversation went and befored hand. That wouldnt have been the first time Mick had contacted Matt...;)

Course they were. That's why he had several spins round Peterborough and stayed with a Whittlesey landscape gardener when Mick Poole (not Poole Speedway) brought him over here. Mick's intention was for Holder to sign for Panthers. Yes, more fool Peterborough, but don't make out every rider coming to this country that Ford gets his mitts on is discovered by him.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 1

I think you will find that the only reason Chris wasn’t interviewed was simply because the i/v’s were not pre-arranged and done after all the riders had finished on track. By the time the video guy went to get Chris, he had already left the stadium. Nothing sinister at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Course they were. That's why he had several spins round Peterborough and stayed with a Whittlesey landscape gardener when Mick Poole (not Poole Speedway) brought him over here. Mick's intention was for Holder to sign for Panthers. Yes, more fool Peterborough, but don't make out every rider coming to this country that Ford gets his mitts on is discovered by him.

Thats ok then, you have it your way, im sure you cannot see anything past that. Nevermind eh..

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

I think you will find that the only reason Chris wasn’t interviewed was simply because the i/v’s were not pre-arranged and done after all the riders had finished on track. By the time the video guy went to get Chris, he had already left the stadium. Nothing sinister at all.

Well said that man.

4 hours ago, ray c said:

Maybe he is worried about the reception he will get around the tracks in the UK this season coming

Maybe he's still bitter about being at Poole and not at his preferred choice of Somerset?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Maybe he's still bitter about being at Poole and not at his preferred choice of Somerset?

maybe he just wants to let his riding do the talking

1 hour ago, Barney Rabbit said:

He did mention when interviewed pre-season last year that he could stay at Troy's or a friends in Whittlesey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

maybe he just wants to let his riding do the talking

Arthur, leave them alone mate. The boo boys are out, its called, jealousy...They will have something else to moan about in October..:lol: Chris will do his talking on the track..

40 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He did mention when interviewed pre-season last year that he could stay at Troy's or a friends in Whittlesey.

I also don't recall Matt Ford taking the credit for Chris's original appearance on these shores back then. He was instrumental in bringing him back over when he started riding here though. It wouldn't be impossible to confuse the two issues ten or so years down the line.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Unfortunately our first meeting is at Wolves so I am not expecting much from him there.

Last 6 scores of 8, 8, 3, 14, 3, 7.

Only  2 are below his current average and his score of 14 proves he can ride it if he wants too!

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Unfortunately our first meeting is at Wolves so I am not expecting much from him there.

Yeh, but when you think about it, Magic couldnt grasp Wolves for love nor money, but once he got the hang of iit he was away. Chris has had more practice, Kyle Newman soon mastered it, im suprised that they didnt make a play for him. Wolves is not rocket science, Chris should have figured it by now.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, but when you think about it, Magic couldnt grasp Wolves for love nor money, but once he got the hang of iit he was away. Chris has had more practice, Kyle Newman soon mastered it, im suprised that they didnt make a play for him. Wolves is not rocket science, Chris should have figured it by now.

You don't score 14 points if you haven't figured it out.

Seems he isn't consistent enough on track at Monmore tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

You don't score 14 points if you haven't figured it out.

Seems he isn't consistent enough on track at Monmore tho.

Thats true Steve, but you would have thought Chris would have figured it out by now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats true Steve, but you would have thought Chris would have figured it out by now.

It's a weird one . I've seen him ride it really well. I guess he just isn't a fan of racing on it most times.