British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It's a weird one . I've seen him ride it really well. I guess he just isn't a fan of racing on it most times.

Think a lot of riders just have a bogey track. Or one they aren’t too fond of. 

I know Fricke has never rode Poole that well but looks pretty good elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It's a weird one . I've seen him ride it really well. I guess he just isn't a fan of racing on it most times.

Add it to the long list of circumstances in which he isn't interested!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Good point Steve, you could be right. But Magic mastered it so i see no  reason why Chris shouldnt. No disrespect to Kyle Newman who picked it up very quickly, but Chris is in a different league. Im sure, or you would hope they watch DVD's of the meetings, and then just impliment what they see. From a riders perspective, Wolverhampton is not, or shouldnt be rocket science.
But every tracks characteristics are different, but to be fair most top riders should get dialed in and master them quickly.

Rather than ability may be its a matter of attitude and application? It's a track he clearly dislikes so perhaps he lacks the desire to put in the hard work to master it?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, but when you think about it, Magic couldnt grasp Wolves for love nor money, but once he got the hang of iit he was away. Chris has had more practice, Kyle Newman soon mastered it, im suprised that they didnt make a play for him. Wolves is not rocket science, Chris should have figured it by now.

You get the feeling it wouldn't matter how many laps he has at Wolves, he hates the place and can't get that out of his head. He has had some ok meetings there like he has had at Lakeside which is another track he hates.

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You don't score 14 points if you haven't figured it out.

Seems he isn't consistent enough on track at Monmore tho.

Yes good performance even though he was a second string that night and also benefitted from some breakdowns and his score included a double tac ride.

53 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Good point Steve, you could be right. But Magic mastered it so i see no  reason why Chris shouldnt. No disrespect to Kyle Newman who picked it up very quickly, but Chris is in a different league. Im sure, or you would hope they watch DVD's of the meetings, and then just impliment what they see. From a riders perspective, Wolverhampton is not, or shouldnt be rocket science.
But every tracks characteristics are different, but to be fair most top riders should get dialed in and master them quickly.

Most riders suss Monmore out pretty well, I guess it's in the head of those that struggle to be consistent there.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes good performance even though he was a second string that night and also benefitted from some breakdowns and his score included a double tac ride.

True, all contributing facts

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Most riders suss Monmore out pretty well, I guess it's in the head of those that struggle to be consistent there.

True, all contributing facts

Also the rides where he scored 7 0r 8 he had 5 or 6 rides. He certainly has a mental block about Monmore  but he is a good gater so no reason why he shouldn't score well there.

• Like 1

Are we any nearer hearing about the captaincy role or have I missed it being announced, I'd like the role to go to JG personally feel he could do the job.

Remember that it took Lindgren a while to suss it out and that was riding there every week. 

MarkLemon, speaking about Drozdz, said he should be fine at the NSS but might have problems at Wolverhampton, adding that many riders who have ridden in the UK for years still have problems riding it. It was the same with the dog track many riders couldn't get to grips with it and it gave us a big home advantage.

33 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

Are we any nearer hearing about the captaincy role or have I missed it being announced, I'd like the role to go to JG personally feel he could do the job.

Matt just wants Chris to ride his bike, regain his confidence and score points. He would be my choice for captain, but although we have not heard anything my guess is that it will go to josh.

Edited by Starman2006

9 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Remember that it took Lindgren a while to suss it out and that was riding there every week. 

MarkLemon, speaking about Drozdz, said he should be fine at the NSS but might have problems at Wolverhampton, adding that many riders who have ridden in the UK for years still have problems riding it. It was the same with the dog track many riders couldn't get to grips with it and it gave us a big home advantage.

Yep very true, Magic openly admited to me he detested the Wolves track, but once he got it sussed he was away. As Steve  says, could be all in thre head. That was the case with Magic.

Edited by Starman2006

41 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

Got to be a rider who wanted to ride for us in the first place josh for me as well ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Very true M Zagar being one of them, but when he signed for the Aces he soon came to loving it and riding it very well. Maybe Holder should have a season on loan to Wolves.;)