British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Very true M Zagar being one of them, but when he signed for the Aces he soon came to loving it and riding it very well. Maybe Holder should have a season on loan to Wolves.;)

Another example, When Tony Rickardsson came to Poole he rated Poole as one of his least favorite tracks, but look how he ended up..

39 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Another example, When Tony Rickardsson came to Poole he rated Poole as one of his least favorite tracks, but look how he ended up..

Difficult to compare todays riders with Tony Rick, I remember going to Lakeside once, he had never raced there before, walks the track, ends up with a easy max, very few riders could have done that. I am sure Tony had tracks he didn't like as much as some others but he just saw them as another challenge to beat whereas I think Chris thinks of them as a challenge he can never beat.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Difficult to compare todays riders with Tony Rick, I remember going to Lakeside once, he had never raced there before, walks the track, ends up with a easy max, very few riders could have done that. I am sure Tony had tracks he didn't like as much as some others but he just saw them as another challenge to beat whereas I think Chris thinks of them as a challenge he can never beat.

Quite right, and Chris should take a leaf out of Tonys book. Its a head thing.

Given the potential strength of the Pirates top five, astute use of tactical substitutes could pay dividends - perhaps limiting Holder (or others) to just three rides.

Edited by Dickie Head

2 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Given the potential strength of the Pirates top five, astute use of tactical substitutes could pay dividends - perhaps limiting Holder (or others) to just three rides.

Im sure Matt will be doing a bit of juggling when the boys have put down early season markers. Horses for courses and all that..

34 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Perhaps not the best example. Didn't Jurica Pavlic do the same on his first visit to Lakeside. :lol:

However, I do know what you mean. There are riders who just see tracks as there to be ridden, no matter the size, shape, or condition and those who take a look and are convinced they're not going to do well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Perhaps not the best example. Didn't Jurica Pavlic do the same on his first visit to Lakeside. :lol:

However, I do know what you mean. There are riders who just see tracks as there to be ridden, no matter the size, shape, or condition and those who take a look and are convinced they're not going to do well.

He did indeed. Not just a max. A 21 point max.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Thats where the mindset comes in..

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Im sure Matt will be doing a bit of juggling when the boys have put down early season markers. Horses for courses and all that..

Surely thats middledich job he is the manager ?

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Surely thats middledich job he is the manager ?

Neil manages Matt does the juggling.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Quite right, and Chris should take a leaf out of Tonys book. Its a head thing.

I don't think he has to Holder he  has won a World title no one can ever take that away from him   also  Rickardsson ( i was never a fan) he is not really any guide to anybody because  he was that good.!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't think he has to Holder he  has won a World title no one can ever take that away from him   also  Rickardsson ( i was never a fan) he is not really any guide to anybody because  he was that good.!!!

He was, Any yard stick has to involve Tony who won 6 world titles, but Chris should really suss Wolves out. its not rocket science. a case of watch a sky/BT  DVD and learn. There angles are a lot better.

Edited by Starman2006

Holder is not in the same class as Rickardsson, Tony wouldn't of cried like a big baby over track conditions or being a bit greasy he would of got on with it and tackled it like a man.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Neil manages Matt does the juggling.

Are you saying Matt is a bigger clown than Neil?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

He did indeed. Not just a max. A 21 point max.

Bjarne got a paid 23 pointer at Lakeside not a full max as Ferjan  won the race when Bjarne was on a tac ride from 15 metres but it wasn't his first meeting at Lakeside.