British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Are you saying Matt is a bigger clown than Neil?

Clearly you dont know the difference between a team manger and a promoter that holds the purse strings.. ;)

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

He was, Any yard stick has to involve Tony who won 6 world titles, but Chris should really suss Wolves out. its not rocket science. a case of watch a sky/BT  DVD and learn. There angles are a lot better.

I respect your view but as a example Nielsen / Lee were both never that great at the old Bellle Vue  Hyde Rd  but ( they could ride  it well but PC and Mort would usually  beat them  at there best horses for courses comes to mind.?!!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I respect your view but as a example Nielsen / Lee were both never that great at the old Bellle Vue  Hyde Rd  but ( they could ride  it well but PC and Mort would usually  beat them  at there best horses for courses comes to mind.?!!!!

Yeh fair comment, but from Magics point of view he freely admitted he hated Wolves, but he eventually mastered it.  But like somebody else said, Tony bit the bullet and rode it, Chris should be ble to do the same. Now you would have thought that Michael Lee would have been good round a big track like hyde rd, he rode KL well, and the old bigger Poole track.

Edited by Starman2006

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh fair comment, but from Magics point of view he freely admitted he hated Wolves, but he eventually mastered it.  But like somebody else said, Tony bit the bullet and rode it, Chris should be ble to do the same. Now you would have thought that Michael Lee would have been good round a big track like hyde rd, he rode KL well, and the old bigger Poole track.

Riding Hyde Rd usually once a year in one league fixture was very hard Lee usually did that if he turned up !!!!!!☺️Not  like now usually 2 fixtures at least at the same  track away from home going back to Hyde Rd Lee was up against Collins/Mort a bit different to now.

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Riding Hyde Rd usually once a year in one league fixture was very hard Lee usually did that if he turned up !!!!!!☺️Not  like now usually 2 fixtures at least at the same  track away from home going back to Hyde Rd Lee was up against Collins/Mort a bit different to now.

Yeh maybe, but you would still think a quality rider like Lee would adapt to it well, give that he rode other big tracks well.

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh maybe, but you would still think a quality rider like Lee would adapt to it well, give that he rode other big tracks well.

No exactly the opposite for me,       in my lifetime Hyde Rd,   the Abbey, The Shay,  Owlerton,   Exeter ( county ground )   in my eyes were the biggest and fastest tracks around if you only rode there once or twice a year only it was not easy (i.e. Set ups etc) .

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Clearly you dont know the difference between a team manger and a promoter that holds the purse strings.. ;)

Whooooooooooosh!

• Like 2

Agreed think Matt has made the right decision here taking pressure off Chris so he has no excuses this yr to perform like a no1 that he is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Josh G is now the captain!! 

Good idea. 

Strange decision and even stranger when you read Matt F's reasoning.  I like Josh but is he really the man ahead of Chris, Brady and Linus?

Josh was a good captain at Somerset so think it's a good decision.

The best riders don't always make best captains.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sugarray said:

Josh was a good captain at Somerset so think it's a good decision.

The best riders don't always make best captains.

Maybe not, but are the better riders likely to take advice of an inferior rider.???? 

8 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Maybe not, but are the better riders likely to take advice of an inferior rider.???? 

How much input has a captain got anyway . I think josh is a good choice and I think most Poole supporters will as well

9 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Strange decision and even stranger when you read Matt F's reasoning.  I like Josh but is he really the man ahead of Chris, Brady and Linus?

Yes definitely he is, not strange at all. Very experienced and has been a captain before.

Edited by foreverblue

21 hours ago, hyderd said:

Very true M Zagar being one of them, but when he signed for the Aces he soon came to loving it and riding it very well. Maybe Holder should have a season on loan to Wolves.;)

I absolutely hope not! Unless it's as a second string.:wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1