British Speedway Forum

More than happy with Josh being captain. Best man for the job imo. 

B. Kurtz - Already has pressure on him riding at No.1. Doesn't need added pressure on top of that.

C. Holder - As much as I like Chris he isn't the right man for the captaincy at this moment in time.

Sundstrom - First season back in the UK so I think we need a more experienced rider on these shores to take the captaincy role.

Woryna - Not really a captain

Szczepaniak - The same as Woryna

Shanes - No just let James ride without pressure in the No.7 berth. 

By default Grajczonek wins. Experienced racer on these shores. Mature head on his shoulders. Was captain and No.1 for Somerset so he has experience in the role and can handle the pressure. 

16 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

B. Kurtz - Already has pressure on him riding at No.1. Doesn't need added pressure on top of that.

C. Holder - As much as I like Chris he isn't the right man for the captaincy at this moment in time.

Sundstrom - First season back in the UK so I think we need a more experienced rider on these shores to take the captaincy role.

By default Grajczonek wins. Experienced racer on these shores. Mature head on his shoulders. Was captain and No.1 for Somerset so he has experience in the role and can handle the pressure. 

Hardly by 'default' if you follow MF's reasoning in the Echo.  Josh is the obvious choice.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Shanes - not captain? .... Do you think so ? :o     :)

Edited by WestGorton1884

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes definitely he is, not strange at all. Very experienced and has been a captain before.

At first i thought Chris would be nailed on, but listening to what Matt says its the right decision. He just wants Chris to ride his bike, gain confidence and score points, which will benifit the team in the long run imo. Josh has been a captain at Somerset, so he knows what its all about, i feel the responsbillity will push him on, not pull him back. But on the same token, they can all be captains, because we are  all aiming for the same goal..Its a team game..

Edited by Starman2006

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Does anyone know can Josh speak Polish? this could be a real plus if he does!  yes I do know most poles speak reasonable English, however Midlo will have to learn to talk a little slower when communicating with most team members...............

13 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Does anyone know can Josh speak Polish? this could be a real plus if he does!  yes I do know most poles speak reasonable English, however Midlo will have to learn to talk a little slower when communicating with most team members...............

Even the English and Australian ones :wink:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hyderd said:

Maybe not, but are the better riders likely to take advice of an inferior rider.???? 

Yes they will.

Remember many a good captain not being the top rider.

A good captain is more about team cohesion and spirit than technical advice IMO

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A good captain is more about team cohesion and spirit than technical advice IMO

Spot on, a good captain needs to roam the pits and G the lads up along with the team manager. Technical advice should be left to the mechs, unless that rider wants advice from others. Its a team game..

Edited by Starman2006

You can't make someone captain who doesn't want to be there so there was no chance Holder would ever be skipper 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

You can't make someone captain who doesn't want to be there so there was no chance Holder would ever be skipper 

Does he not ? I think he would rather be at Poole than anywhere else to be honest.   ;)

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Does he not ? I think he would rather be at Poole than anywhere else to be honest.   ;)

Even though it's common knowledge he wanted to be at Somerset with his brother?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Only a blue tint could really think Poole was his first choice this season. 

• Like 1

Never wanted to be at poole this season but he ran out of options to be somewhere else everybody knows that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

Never wanted to be at poole this season but he ran out of options to be somewhere else everybody knows that

Honest answer.