British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

There you go. Problem solved. So i dont know why Naijers getting in a tizzy.

No tizzy here - I find it hard to believe but I know it does happen that people actually get wound up and annoyed on a Speedway forum :lol:

It actually doesn't bother me that Holder isn't at Somerset and is at Poole, but that doesn't stop me being naive to think that we wanted to sign him and he wanted to join us. You posting nonsense about Poole being his first choice is exactly that, nonsense. You are either blinkered and/or stupid if you think that.

• Like 1

I don’t think Somerset was CH’s first choice at all.

He wanted to ride with his brother, at Poole. But the way Jack behaved last season was enough for Matt Ford to decide he didn’t want him in the team, no matter what the potential in 2018.

So off Jack went to Somerset. CH was pi55ed that Matt didn’t want Jack so decided he wanted to ride with his brother at Somerset, or whatever club Jack was at. But CH was in Poole’s plans. If Somerset wanted him then they would have to pay for a full transfer, which they decided they couldn’t afford or was not worth it.

So CH is at Poole, will have excellent sponsorship, and now has a track he has said is very good. And perhaps if Jack matures and improves his attitude he could be back in Matts plans in future seasons. Who knows.

• Like 1

If we are starting to talk 'facts' then it was Chris Holder's first choice to ride at Poole with his brother!!

That was made abundantly clear to Chris that that wasn't going to happen because no way would Jack be in the Poole team this year!!

Somerset then became the second preference but they couldn't afford the fee 'cos they already had Doyley committed.

Edit SS beat me to it!!

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

If we are starting to talk 'facts' then it was Chris Holder's first choice to ride at Poole with his brother!!

That was made abundantly clear to Chris that that wasn't going to happen because no way would Jack be in the Poole team this year!!

Somerset then became the second preference but they couldn't afford the fee 'cos they already had Doyley committed.

I'm also led to believe aswell it wasn't that Somerset couldn't afford Holder - they simply choose not to pursue him any longer as they didn't believe he was worth what Matt Ford was asking for him, and within a short space of time after our remaining team members was put in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I'm also led to believe aswell it wasn't that Somerset couldn't afford Holder - they simply choose not to pursue him any longer as they didn't believe he was worth what Matt Ford was asking for him, and within a short space of time after our remaining team members was put in place. 

I think I read on here that Ford wouldn't loan Holder. He wanted to sell him ?

• Like 2

Pirates trip to Wolves on 26 March postponed with Matt’s agreement. Bad weather in the Midlands has ruled out the Wolves P&P tomorrow and they have put it back a week. Sure that will draw a few comments.

Absolute joke by wolves speedway. 

• Like 2

Chris made it obvious from the beginning that he wanted to ride with Jack, who had already done a deal with the Rebels. 

As Starman says he has signed for Poole, not his first choice but when you're backed into a corner your choices narrow.

I really hope him being forced to sign for Poole doesn't backfire on the Pirates.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Absolute joke by wolves speedway. 

What you talking about look at photo of track 

Would be fine after a few track grades

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Chris Holder was never going to ride for Somerset. 

Said it from day 1.

First choice was Poole. Delay delay delay because Chris wanted Jack at Poole but Matt got the Polish ringers instead. 

Next thing you know Jack has signed for Somerset then Chris wanted to ride for Somerset only because of Jack.

Matt said No. Chris was always in our plans and wanted to ride for Poole from Day 1 until Jack signed for Somerset then it became ugly and Matt said 25,000 grand knowing full well Somerset couldn't afford that to deliberately price them out of a move.

Then Chris realised he was never going to have his way and accepted the fact that he would not be riding with Jack anywhere. 

If Chris didn't want to ride for us full stop then he would have refused to sign a contract and would have decided to take legal action in a bid to push a loan move to Somerset through.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Said it from day 1.

First choice was Poole. Delay delay delay because Chris wanted Jack at Poole but Matt got the Polish ringers instead. 

Next thing you know Jack has signed for Somerset then Chris wanted to ride for Somerset only because of Jack.

Matt said No. Chris was always in our plans and wanted to ride for Poole from Day 1 until Jack signed for Somerset then it became ugly and Matt said 25,000 grand knowing full well Somerset couldn't afford that to deliberately price them out of a move.

Then Chris realised he was never going to have his way and accepted the fact that he would not be riding with Jack anywhere. 

If Chris didn't want to ride for us full stop then he would have refused to sign a contract and would have decided to take legal action in a bid to push a loan move to Somerset through.

Thankyou. The senerio is perhaps they will both be at Poole next season. Its a good track for jack to go to, it will give him plenty of experience riding a bigger track week in week out where you can open the throttle a bit. Plymouth was a good learning curve for him on a tight track. He will improve for the experience. Riding the likes of Wolves will give him something to think about.

Edited by Starman2006

13 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Said it from day 1.

Partially right with a few things wrong. Somerset could of afforded Holder I'm led to believe BUT there is a big difference between being able to and choosing not to.

• Like 1

it amazes me that people on this forum know what the hancock family can and cannot afford, where do they get this information from please? 

• Like 6