British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Partially right with a few things wrong. Somerset could of afforded Holder I'm led to believe BUT there is a big difference between being able to and choosing not to.

You could never afford Chris. in fact no british club could afford to lash out 25 k for a rider nowadays, Give it up. your now clutching at straws. You've been told, several times, you  got Doyley give it up.

Edited by Starman2006

Just now, poole keith said:

it amazes me that people on this forum know what the hancock family can and cannot afford, where do they get this information from please? 

Ah but Keith, you forget, he's the voice of Somerset, he knows everything...:lol:

2 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Pirates trip to Wolves on 26 March postponed with Matt’s agreement. Bad weather in the Midlands has ruled out the Wolves P&P tomorrow and they have put it back a week. Sure that will draw a few comments.

Thats completely wrecked my planning. What a real pain that is. Wolves clearly running scared.

There may well be snow on the track at this moment, as there most certainly is at Wimborne road this afternoon. But the forecast is for temperatures to rise this week. Snow melts when it gets warmer.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thats completely wrecked my planning. What a real pain that is. Wolves clearly running scared.

When do they have p/p day then it's there prestige day like ours is on Wednesday

1 minute ago, ray c said:

When do they have p/p day then it's there prestige day like ours is on Wednesday

Yes when Poole come to town its their biggest meeting agreed. They could have P&P on any day next week. They are running scared.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, poole keith said:

it amazes me that people on this forum know what the hancock family can and cannot afford, where do they get this information from please? 

Probably the same place as Starman and Shovlar do as regards M.Ford and Poole:rolleyes:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, poole keith said:

54 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You could never afford Chris. in fact no british club could afford to lash out 25 k for a rider nowadays, Give it up. your now clutching at straws. You've been told, several times, you  got Doyley give it up.

It's a very interesting point Keith - I'm working on what reliable information I've been given which could potentially be wrong, that they simply chose not to buy Holder. Star man however states they couldn't afford him. A very big difference! 

And Starman just for the record, no matter how many times you repeat something doesn't make it right :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

What you talking about look at photo of track 

That's not the problem. Cancelling an official league match for you P&P is shocking. How authorities have let this happen is beyond me. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It's a very interesting point Keith - I'm working on what reliable information I've been given which could potentially be wrong, that they simply chose not to buy Holder. Star man however states they couldn't afford him. A very big difference! 

And Starman just for the record, no matter how many times you repeat something doesn't make it right :rolleyes: 

It would be interesting as to where or from  whom you get YOUR  reliable information from.

Its more likely to give Masters more time to recover from his foot injury!!!

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think Somerset was CH’s first choice at all.

He wanted to ride with his brother, at Poole. But the way Jack behaved last season was enough for Matt Ford to decide he didn’t want him in the team, no matter what the potential in 2018.

So off Jack went to Somerset. CH was pi55ed that Matt didn’t want Jack so decided he wanted to ride with his brother at Somerset, or whatever club Jack was at. But CH was in Poole’s plans. If Somerset wanted him then they would have to pay for a full transfer, which they decided they couldn’t afford or was not worth it.

So CH is at Poole, will have excellent sponsorship, and now has a track he has said is very good. And perhaps if Jack matures and improves his attitude he could be back in Matts plans in future seasons. Who knows.

Cobblers. Everyone knows Poole hire and fire riders at the drop of a hat and as unpalatable as the Holders can be they know that full well. Both Poole and the Holders have bad attitudes, sometimes they suit each other, sometimes they don’t. Contrast Wolves as a club that tries to engender loyalty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Pirates trip to Wolves on 26 March postponed with Matt’s agreement. Bad weather in the Midlands has ruled out the Wolves P&P tomorrow and they have put it back a week. Sure that will draw a few comments.

Why should it? Press and practice is important and vital for ALL teams.

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Absolute joke by wolves speedway. 

Again why? So it's okay to penalise a team that can't practise because of the weather when others have??

Matt Ford has agreed to it so there is really nothing make an issue of.

I see that Shovlar has his wooden spoon out, it's quite funny tho. 

Poole's press day has been postponed till Friday, the 70th anniversary meeting has been arranged for 70 year's time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 7-

4 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Poole's press day has been postponed till Friday, the 70th anniversary meeting has been arranged for 70 year's time

The 70th anniversary meeting has been cancelled? Really? Better put it out to everyone then, though I can’t find it on the Poole website.