British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Jack has the POTENTIAL, to be a good rider but like Kyle Newman, he has to stay clear of injuries, thats what stopped Kyles progression.

No disrespect to Kyle but he has  never had the potential Jack has, at times in Poland he showed how good a rider he can become.

Edited by Sidney the robin

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Wolves have changed there P&P day to the same day as the meeting, and posponed the meeting, they cannot do that. Nothing to do with the track nor conditions. Im sure you lot wouldnt complain if they did the same to you ???

The weather has seen really bad.I don't know if Wolves have access to the track every day?

Blimey am I right in thinking that some Poole fans actually think Matt has done something wrong by agreeing? If Matt agreed, then surely its the right thing to do in the interests of British speedway..;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Wolves have changed there P&P day to the same day as the meeting, and posponed the meeting, they cannot do that. Nothing to do with the track nor conditions. Im sure you lot wouldnt complain if they did the same to you ???

They can do it - and have done it with the agreement of Matt Ford - so what’s your point? :rolleyes:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

They can do it - and have done it with the agreement of Matt Ford - so what’s your point? :rolleyes:

My point is, if Matt has mutually agreed with Wolves then fine. But if Wolves have done it off there own backs then thats wrong. And you know that for sure do you ?

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The weather has seen really bad.I don't know if Wolves have access to the track every day?

Blimey am I right in thinking that some Poole fans actually think Matt has done something wrong by agreeing? If Matt agreed, then surely its the right thing to do I the interests of British speedway..;)

As far as im aware, Wolves can only use the track on stipulated days due to the dogs like us. Im sure a Wolves fan can confirm this If Matt has agreed then thats fine. But if Wolves have done this off there own backs without prior agreement with Matt then that is wrong.

Edited by Starman2006

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

No disrespect to Kyle but he has  never had the potential Jack has, at times in Poland he showed how good a rider he can become.

Kyle never reached his potential due to the amount of injuries he had, including sepsis which nearly killed him due to an injury. Had he not had them he would be attaining around a 7.50 average by now.

26 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Because its on the same day as a re arranged P&P. surely you are not allowed to do the. The BSPA must step in. Surely Wolves should be punished for this.

24 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve Arthurs post was tongue in cheek mate, in reply to Stevebrums post. Surely that is not right, you cannot postpone a league meeting in place of a P&P day. Thats not right.

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

In reply to the 3 quoted posts. Wolves have done nothing wrong. Poole called off a meeting  3 seasons ago against Lakeside due to missing riders and citing 'damaging their business'. I didn't think you could call off matches or change dates because of missing riders either,  however Poole have done it in the past so what Wolves are doing is no different. Wolves are entitled to their P&P day as it's important to the press and media as well as their sponsors. So without one it would also 'damage business'. Nothing new to see here I'm afraid. 

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Precisely.  Nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

My point is, if Matt has mutually agreed with Wolves then fine. But if Wolves have done it off there own backs then thats wrong.

The press release quite clearly says MF agreed to rearranging date. So its completely fine. 

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As far as im aware, Wolves can only use the track on stipulated days due to the dogs like us. Im sure a Wolves fan can confirm this If Matt has agreed then thats fine. But if Wolves have done this off there own backs without prior agreement with Matt then that is wrong.

As previously stated. It's agreed by both parties. Don't believe any of the nonsense some are saying that we are 'running scared'. Pure tripe. Best to face ANY team early on as riders are still adjusting to track conditions particularly if you have riders who haven't ridden here for a while.

39 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

It states on the Wolves website they are thankful for the agreement of Matt Ford and his understanding in this matter.

39 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Kyle never reached his potential due to the amount of injuries he had, including sepsis which nearly killed him due to an injury. Had he not had them he would be attaining around a 7.50 average by now.

I agree his injuries have had a detrimental affect on his career but I doubt he could have reached  anything like 7.50 .

33 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Poole called off a meeting  3 seasons ago against Lakeside due to missing riders and citing 'damaging their business'. 

Good reasoning behind the decision. Unlike Wolverhampton we haven't called a meeting off because we are scared of the opposition.

Sooner or later if it hasn't already that snow will begin to clear up and Wolverhampton will have to face us. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Good reasoning behind the decision. Unlike Wolverhampton we haven't called a meeting off because we are scared of the opposition.

Sooner or later if it hasn't already that snow will begin to clear up and Wolverhampton will have to face us. 

Oh dear, if you really think we have rescheduled the p&p day to next Monday because we are scared of riding against Poole, then you really are more deluded than I thought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

Oh dear, if you really think we have rescheduled the p&p day to next Monday because we are scared of riding against Poole, then you really are more deluded than I thought. 

Relax man. Was just a banter post that's all. Don't take everything so serious. 

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Im assuming this is tongue in cheek.

Would think Wolves would be favourites to beat Poole around Monmore.

Josh , 2 and 3 on his last 2 visits

Shanes , 0, 1 and 3

Kurtz 4

Holder 8

Woryna 4, 4

So unless the Poole boys have dramatically improved then i cant see Poole getting close to Wolves.

Think Matt Ford has agreed to this simply because he wants his boys to have a few meetings under their belt so they may have more chance of getting something