British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

Not a very reliable source.  Even when the subject is Chris Holder!

He said it

Just got back from P&P. Track looks very smoth and fast. All the boys looking very good indeed. Shansey going full throttle chucking it about. Holder doing many more laps than the others. woryna looking serious class as doest Brady. Nice to see Bjane there putting in some practice and the new youngster Freddie Jackobsen looking impressive. 

A good turnout of fans too.

Took some footage which I will chuck up on Youtube later. 

As for Holder, its personal issues which have reared their head just at the wrong time and need sorting not visa issues as far as I can make out. These should be sorted hopefully in the next couple of weeks. He seemed reasonably happy there tonight.

• Like 1

Holder needs a break. Think he deserves a bit of slack. Can hardly see Max because of a break down in his relationship. Feel sorry for the guy. Sure Matt and Middlo will support him. 

Time when life comes before for Speedway!! 

Edited by poolebolton
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Will he have personal issues on Saturday night? Or are they only limited to this country?

Presume the lack of a work permit affects all countries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Presume the lack of a work permit affects all countries.

Not necessarily. For example Jamion Lidsey couldn’t get a visa here but is able to ride in Poland, same scanario with the American who couldn’t get one for Edinburgh. Has signed in Poland. 

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

If he rides Saturday then no way should Poole be allowed a replacement rider RR at best.

Can't have RR before rider has ridden a race.

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

If he rides Saturday then no way should Poole be allowed a replacement rider RR at best.

Why - there hasnt been a meeting yet. Whatever they want to do as regards changes they can. Redclaration is possible any time.

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

A rider who races in 9 GP's and finishes 13th is a GP rider by any realistic definition. 

Except by actual definition. 

On 20/03/2018 at 5:37 PM, BobC said:

Jury is out for me regarding Holder.

Very busy start to the season with Poole Fri, Torun Sat, Sheffield Sun. Obviously it would have been Wolves Mon too!

Dont think he will rock the boat too much as a testimonial is around the corner. Feel sure he would prefer it at Poole.

I dont see him as being a real top line NO.1 anymore. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Not overly bothered, as long as Poole do well. Happy to see all our riders chip in with some decent scores.

Whatever unfolds, I hope everyone enjoys their speedway and there not any controversial moves later on!

Looks like I spoke too soon! 

One day, just ONE day is all its taken.Grrr.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this, Id still rather have Holder than Kildemand any day of the week.

Fed up and peed off good and proper before we even get started!!-_-

• Haha 1

There wasnt much to fear in this Poole side before and even less now  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Not necessarily. For example Jamion Lidsey couldn’t get a visa here but is able to ride in Poland, same scanario with the American who couldn’t get one for Edinburgh. Has signed in Poland. 

UK speedway's loss may well prove to be Poland's gain with Luke Becker.