British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Am I reading it right that Kildemand is a temporary replacement for Holder????

How on earth is that legal or even possible. 

Kildemand is by any definition a GP rider from 2017 by the amount of GP's he appeared in and all this nonsense that he was a reserve is total bull.

He is an assessed 9 like Woffy, Piotr and Zagar no question. He therefore cannot replace a rider on a 7. 

Anything else is a total disgrace if this is allowed to happen. How many ringers are Poole trying to assemble??

Huge embarrassment to the sport if this is sanctioned.:angry:

The UK has missed out on MAYBE seeing some of the stars comeback  to our shores with the  rule that they brought in.Thats ok if everybody abides by the rule but that has  not happened here, your club  Steve made a huge decision losing Freddie also having little chance of bringing Tai/Piotr in also.Swindon had to let the World Champion go ( Money maybe??)  Belle Vue could not consider bringing Zagar  back in either.  Iversen at King's Lynn also after a year out and is not in the GPS  he has  to come in on a 9  surely the other clubs object to this? If it is aloud to happen Poole definitely  will be bringing the sport into disrepute they certainly know morally it is wrong but my theory on sport on winning/losing if you cheat you really only cheat yourself and it tarnishes your phoney achievement.

• Like 1

Good to see Starman on his feet. Keep it up chap.  

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 1

A GP rider is surely any rider that competed in the GPs last year (wildcards excluded). Reserves were given a number and could have qualified for 2018 if they managed to get enough points. Kildemand was competing for position.

• Like 3

Regarding the bibs, I watched the video of the riders coming down the stairs with Middlo and Ford before sitting at the tables in front of the fans - they looked like a collection of riders and certainly didn't look like a team - very poor indeed from Poole (and Somerset)

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 7

It's like we've been transported back to the nineties. Says it all that even some NL teams will be racing in team suits.

I assume my own club are going with racesuits, if not I'll be laying into them too.

• Like 4

If Killer  is allowed to ride for Poole instead of C Holder it will show what M Fraud  and N Fiddleditch are. Dirty ! Cheating! Barstards.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, mrss said:

If Killer  is allowed to ride for Poole instead of C Holder it will show what M Fraud  and N Fiddleditch are. Dirty ! Cheating! Barstards.

Don't get upset it's only temporary if the bspa sanction it we will be back to full strength by the end of April :)

Edited by ray c

47 minutes ago, mrss said:

It's quite a clever ploy really, keep on rule bending and breaking until people either walk away and find something else to do or give up caring and therefore there are no dissenting voices left :) genius to be honest.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

I don't wish the personal issues Chris is having on anyone and perhaps he is better to publicly step back for X weeks rather than ride half hearted and damage his already fragile reputation. Killer being a temporary replacement is debatable at best for legality / morality BUT he is box office viewing and i know which rider id rather watch every time. You never know P.K may think harder about a full term return to the UK? Will actually make me check the fixture list now to see if there is a Poole away day where i can see him in action.

Am I being thick here? Kildemand isn't a GP rider, so why would he be reassessed as a 9?

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't wish the personal issues Chris is having on anyone and perhaps he is better to publicly step back for X weeks rather than ride half hearted and damage his already fragile reputation. Killer being a temporary replacement is debatable at best for legality / morality BUT he is box office viewing and i know which rider id rather watch every time. You never know P.K may think harder about a full term return to the UK? Will actually make me check the fixture list now to see if there is a Poole away day where i can see him in action.

Unusual way of looking at it. Kildemand makes Poole weaker in my opinion and the chance for teams to take advantage before CH returns. Would have CH any day over knock me off with a fart Kildemand.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MattK said:

Am I being thick here? Kildemand isn't a GP rider, so why would he be reassessed as a 9?

Don’t use common sense Matt. It goes against the grain of having a pop at Poole. 

9th April Leicester away. Vaculik vs Killer. Yes Please. Oh heck im excited about potentially going to Leicester :blink:

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t use common sense Matt. It goes against the grain of having a pop at Poole. 

Don't get me wrong, I love having a pop at Poole as much as the next guy. I also hate arbitrary re-assessment of averages and inconsistency.

Interesting one. It's a very grey area as to whether Kildemand is a GP rider or not. I would say that this year's averages are based on last year, so, yes, he should probably be classed as a GP rider.

Having said that, it seems reasonable to have him in for Chris Holder - and probably weakens Poole anyway. The should have just left the averages as they were, or put in a percentage upgrade based on last year's new averages.