British Speedway Forum

Just hope Killer is not riding for Poole when they race against Swindon.

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No because we dont have a league match for nearly  2 weeks, next weds we have no meeting, tomorrow is an open meeting next friday is the K O Cup double header with Somerset. Then, the following week we start the league campaign. on the 4/4 v Wolverhampton so it might not even be two weeks before Chris returns. Hopefully.

so next fridays double header is not a official meeting then just a challenge meeting . matt when interviewed said 4 to 6 meetings kildermand will be riding so since that interview things must have change then ?

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

so next fridays double header is not a official meeting then just a challenge meeting . matt when interviewed said 4 to 6 meetings kildermand will be riding so since that interview things must have change then ?

In Starry's world obviously

Just watched the Chris Holder interview and he reports back that the track has improved greatly from last year.

50 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate Chris was never married nor engaged as far as i understand.  Chris has personal issues , he needs to resolve. Now, clearly, he thinks the time off would be of more benifit to him than riding a bike half cock, which is perfectly understandable, its a dangerous enough sport as it is. Chris we all know wanted to link up with Brov, that is fully understandable, and guide him throught his career, but he seems perfectly happy to be at Poole, he is happy with the track as all the riders are, Glyn has done a great job, and it will be even better when we get a dry spell and he's done the finishing touches Glyn is at the trrack today. Chris  was first out last week, he had a spring in his step, he had a dam good practice yesterday, but end of the day he is human.and he's feels he needs to give theses issues his full attention, and providing theres nothing lurking in the background, and as a fan of his i fully agree with it. Kildermand does not weaken us, and end of the day, unless there is something we are not being told,then Kildermand will step aside in two weeks time. not 4 5 6 weeks time....In the meantime, Kildermand will not ride a league meeting. Mate, you will always get those on here who will make a mountain out of a mole hill. Because,,, it is POOLE.

Do you know if he's riding the pairs meeting in Poland Saturday or has he pulled out of this?

I've just checked Sportfakty Poland & all it say's is that Holder has visa issues which is delaying his start although the translation isn't the best.

Edited by hyabb17

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Do you know if he's riding the pairs meeting in Poland Saturday or has he pulled out of this?

Similarly has he pulled out of the Simon Stead farewell meeting on Sunday?

15 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Just watched the Chris Holder interview and he reports back that the track has improved greatly from last year.

His interview somewhat contradicts 'personal problems' too - other than the well reported visa issues.

• Like 1

Mmm something fishy going on, after last year's shenanigans it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's trying to engineer a way out. After all it's well known he wanted to be at Somerset with his brother and Doyle this season. Sorry, I know he's had issues but I really think there's more to it, especially if he continues with his other commitments 

• Like 2

I must admit to having difficulty with the thought of Killer in a Pirate's race suit !

Oh !

2 minutes ago, Knightime said:

Chris was suspended until April 13th - isn't that the reason - or did it get lifted?

January 

17 hours ago, speedflash said:

Thanks Starman I couldn't be there today as I had a previous engagement prior to getting the track job. Looks like it held up well I will be there tomorrow afternoon to put back into shape.

Before the rain comes on Thursday night Friday morning.

Glyn

Glyn would just like to say, I've been going since the knotts were promoter's, and I think this is the best it's been since they were here, fantastic job mate

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

But they didnt have to cancel it, it could have been moved the other way... So in effect Matt has done you a favour. ;) Why us RR when you can have a tempary replacement who's average will not come into play because he will not ride a league meeting ?

Yes they did have to cancel it if there was no chance of practising before Monday. Poole have done the right thing agreeing to cancel. Wolves would have done the same if it was at Poole. There is no need to sign any one if Chris won't miss an 'official' fixture.  Just don't get that at all.

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

As no meetings have been ridden can only redeclare.

And if Chris is missing no official meetings there is no need to declare tho? 

FWIW I can see Killer being here longer than a few weeks.

• Like 1