British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, Gavan said:

So yet again its Poole speedway who bring the sport into disrepute with their continual season after season of bending them rules.

Replace Chris Holder on a 7 with a better rider in Kildemand and thats deemed as ok?

About time Chris Holder was moved on from the UK we dont need his sort in the league.

So yet again if Poole win the league it will be yet another hollow victory

Gavan why don't you go and do one, how is it a hollow victory, it's only short term replacement, not the whole season, give the bloke some slack, poodle of back to the championship section

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And if Chris is missing no official meetings there is no need to declare tho? 

FWIW I can see Killer being here longer than a few weeks.

i know the ko cup dont go toward averages but surely the cup is still a official fixture ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Mmm something fishy going on, after last year's shenanigans it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's trying to engineer a way out. After all it's well known he wanted to be at Somerset with his brother and Doyle this season. Sorry, I know he's had issues but I really think there's more to it, especially if he continues with his other commitments 

That thought had occurred to me 

14 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Gavan why don't you go and do one, how is it a hollow victory, it's only short term replacement, not the whole season, give the bloke some slack, poodle of back to the championship section

Come on no need to get a stork on over it 

30 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And if Chris is missing no official meetings there is no need to declare tho? 

FWIW I can see Killer being here longer than a few weeks.

They haven't redeclared, they have simply only "declared". On the first issue of the BSPA greensheets there is no mention of Chris Holder who technically isn't a Poole rider as of yet.

The biggest issue is the ineptness of the BSPA and it's consistentcy in being totally inconsistent! Instead of picking and choosing which riders to reassess and at what point to aswell, many of us said months ago riders like Woffinden, Zagar, Pawlicki and even the Poles at Poole and anybody else who hasn't ridden here last year, should of just had a calculated percentage added to their original average. Therefore everybody knew where they stood and that was that. That was far too simple obviously....

• Like 3

This league will never be taken seriously while they have so many discrepancies within the rules.    Every month it rises its head, yet the  officials cant see the damage it does......

• Like 8

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

havent read all the posts but is holder missing for family reasons? if so odd, known dozens of people get divorced cant remember any of them taking wks off work.cant see anyway kildermand weakens the pirates,would be happy if the swap was permanent 

Wow you're all heart aren't you. Doesnt matter if he was married or not, everyone reacts to these things differently. Maybe its an Australian thing as i seem to remember Ryan Sullivan having access problems with his son and his riding also went off the boil. I just hope he gets the issues sorted and back to his best.

• Like 1

A world champion speedway rider, taking a short amount of time off due to devastating personal issues, being replaced by a substitute GP rider who hasn't even came close to the champs level and everybody is up in arms. 

A sport full of ars*holes, and I'm not talking about the promoters. 

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

He say's that to make him feel better about it. If Gavan feels it, we all feel it, remember? :rofl::rofl:

32 minutes ago, g13webb said:

This league will never be taken seriously while they have so many discrepancies within the rules.    Every month it rises its head, yet the  officials cant see the damage it does......

Couldn't agree more. Why they don't explain the reasoning behind these f*cking rules this is absolutely beyond me. It's asking for controversy. 

Edited by BurntFaceMan

1 hour ago, ray c said:

i know the ko cup dont go toward averages but surely the cup is still a official fixture ?

Absolutely official.  Just not towards averages.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

They haven't redeclared, they have simply only "declared". On the first issue of the BSPA greensheets there is no mention of Chris Holder who technically isn't a Poole rider as of yet.

The biggest issue is the ineptness of the BSPA and it's consistentcy in being totally inconsistent! Instead of picking and choosing which riders to reassess and at what point to aswell, many of us said months ago riders like Woffinden, Zagar, Pawlicki and even the Poles at Poole and anybody else who hasn't ridden here last year, should of just had a calculated percentage added to their original average. Therefore everybody knew where they stood and that was that. That was far too simple obviously....

I meant to use the term 'redeclare' loosely. And of course you are absolutely correct. Totally inconsistent interpretations of the same rule, dependant on any day and whoever asks. The minute they reassessed some (well just 3 we know) and let some stay on an average after saying if you miss a season then you need reassessing was doomed to failure as soon as they picked and chose who applied. As usual a complete mess up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

A world champion speedway rider, taking a short amount of time off due to devastating personal issues, being replaced by a substitute GP rider who hasn't even came close to the champs level and everybody is up in arms. 

A sport full of ars*holes, and I'm not talking about the promoters. 

Riders?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Your just going round and round in circles old son. I would suggest you leave the poole section and return to the Somerset section. Clearly you only think and read what you want to.. Oh and by the way, Chris HAS officially signed a contract to ride for us..

4 hours ago, ray c said:

so next fridays double header is not a official meeting then just a challenge meeting . matt when interviewed said 4 to 6 meetings kildermand will be riding so since that interview things must have change then ?

Try reading my post again.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Your just going round and round in circles old son. I would suggest you leave the poole section and return to the Somerset section. Clearly you only think and read what you want to.. Oh and by the way, Chris HAS officially signed a contract to ride for us..

Old son? :blink: You just don't get it. Chris Holder isn't in the first declaration that Poole have made for this season is what I have said. 

There has been a reasonable debate about averages, what should be allowed and shouldn't be allowed with reasonable arguments on both sides. Every time you just come and chime in with a load of rubbish about everyone "reading what they want to" and that is about the only substance to any of your postings.