British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You never saw Ivan and Ove then.

I certainly did but Trick was better than both.

5 hours ago, Fixer2 said:

Does anyone know if the stadium car park is actually open tomorrow... albeit with limited access from Barclays Bank roundabout?

Yes fully open but will be a nightmare to get into as all the workers will be leaving the carpark as fans arrive with one way only and temporary traffic lights as well. Traffic jams guarenteed be there early.

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

How am I licking matt ford asshole? Stating it how it is. Your club could of chose Kildemand instead of Morris but didnt. 

Yet another post showing you up for what you are, a dunce whos mid fifties and still stacks shelves for a living. 

Australia is going great thanks, Working away on the 36th level of a skyscraper in 28 degrees sunshine. Off for a few beers in 90 minutes. Hows the night shift in Lidls going on 8 quid an hour? :D

Kildemand does not want to do a whole season otherwise he might have been at Blunsdon.

53 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I certainly did but Trick was better than both.

TR better than Ivan, tough one, would put TR at his time a modern Ivan for his professionalism, But for me Ivan just edges it, just my opinion,

2 Very fine riders and very much looking forward to see TR tonight

8 hours ago, Pinny said:

Kildemand for Holder is perfectly legit... Kildemand was named as a reserve so not a declared GP rider. Another shrewd piece of work by Ford, this is why he is the best promoter of the modern era. 

It is obviously illogical that Nicky Pedersen who rode no GPs would be caught by the “only declared GP rider” rule - if that is the rule - but Kildemand, who practically rode in all, would not be. In defending such a definition you are as daft as the other promoters who sit by and let this happen.

havnt seen tonites meeting advertised anywhere is it normal admission price?,just checked the poole website where it states the next event is press and practice!

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

How am I licking matt ford asshole? Stating it how it is. Your club could of chose Kildemand instead of Morris but didnt. 

Yet another post showing you up for what you are, a dunce whos mid fifties and still stacks shelves for a living. 

Australia is going great thanks, Working away on the 36th level of a skyscraper in 28 degrees sunshine. Off for a few beers in 90 minutes. Hows the night shift in Lidls going on 8 quid an hour? :D

You carry on in sunny Aussie until you are seventy enjoy,    well i will be retired at 55  now mind you don't get to pissed.!!

41 minutes ago, sommelier said:

TR better than Ivan, tough one, would put TR at his time a modern Ivan for his professionalism, But for me Ivan just edges it, just my opinion,

Would tr have won six world one off meetings like Ivan did as tr only won one the rest where GPs we will never know ?

43 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Tony Rickardsson is THE greatest of all time. Wish I could be their to see him turn a wheel again.

Hope his races appear online after, hopefully he isn't just a shadow of his former self.

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Would tr have won six world one off meetings like Ivan did as tr only won one the rest where GPs we will never know ?

It could be argued that winning a gp series is harder than winning a one off meeting.

There was a vote to decide the best ever rider at the millennium when probably more people were alive who had seen Ivan and Tony in their prime. Ivan won and Tony was second.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Tony Rickardsson is THE greatest of all time. Wish I could be their to see him turn a wheel again.

Hope his races appear online after, hopefully he isn't just a shadow of his former self.

Definately, no argument.

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Kildemand for Holder is perfectly legit... Kildemand was named as a reserve so not a declared GP rider. Another shrewd piece of work by Ford, this is why he is the best promoter of the modern era. 

You’d be hoping Kildemand is a hit straight away as on form I would put him down as a huge improver and one of the leagues top dogs. Could well make Poole much stronger. Would they risk letting him go for Holder if he Kildemand is flying?

Absolutely disagree.  Any rider that rode 9 of the 12 rounds is by any definition a 2017 GP rider. He may well have started the season as first reserve however became a full time rider due to injuries of others.

It's a disgraceful technicality to say that because he started as a reserve is a legit argument. Don't buy that at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Absolutely disagree.  Any rider that rode 9 of the 12 rounds is by any definition a 2017 GP rider. He may well have started the season as first reserve however became a full time rider due to injuries of others.

It's a disgraceful technicality to say that because he started as a reserve is a legit argument. Don't buy that at all.

The stupid thing is aswell, why is Niels K Iversen 9.06? Why hasn't he been reassessed at a lower figure of 9.00 instead of keeping his higher figure? As its turned out it probably hasn't effected Kings Lynn team building too much, but just shows a complete lack of understanding and consistency at the BSPA.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

There was a vote to decide the best ever rider at the millennium when probably more people were alive who had seen Ivan and Tony in their prime. Ivan won and Tony was second.  

Simply because of the “it was always better in the good old days” mentality.

Ivan was a great rider but had advantages in league racing of gate picks etc. Tony was a better all round rider. A great gater and brilliant passer. Of course its just down to opinion.