British Speedway Forum

54 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

No he's just full of himself it seems, it really doesn't matter what you do as a job or where you live as long as you're happy, at least we get to watch our teams on a regular basis

Sidney seemed to think I was out in australia picking strawberrys for a living as he has said on more than one occasion on here over the last year or so... as always I am happy to prove him wrong. 

As for wanting to watch your teams on a regular basis, doesnt bother me in the slightest. I live in a city where there is top sports events on nearly a daily basis, missing speedway once a week doesnt bother me as it didnt for the three or four years I didnt bother with it before I left for Australia. 

Sidney is always the one who mentions me in australia, not me. Sad that he is a middle aged geezer who stacks shelves for a living yet has a pop at my life. Id chose my life over his every day of the week. 

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Of course, well documented with plenty of evidence to back it up.

Ford has always been great for Poole (to an extent) but cancerous for the sport.

Unfortunately what many have failed to grasp is, infect something with cancer, it will spread. Poole are now beginning to suffer.

However, equally as bad are those who had opportunity to treat the disease or even prevent it at the beginning and have continually ignored it's presence.

I fail to see how Poole are doing anything wrong here in all honesty. 

IF this rule where a rider was absent for a season or more and was a 2017/2018 fully fledged, ie named in the 1-15 at the start of the gp season, gp rider, Poole have not broken any rules, theyve simply taken advantage of a clear loophole which is what makes Ford such a shrewd promoter.

i dont argue against the fact that Ford has done a lot of damage and broken rules in the past, however this is not one of them. Kildemands signing is legit, hence the BSPA allowing it.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Does the rule specify “declared GP rider”? Does it exclude GP reserves or GP reserves who ride in one GP or GP reserves in ride in 9? Did PK become a full time GP rider when Nicky Pedersen was declared out for the season?

A fair definition would be any rider who rode in more than 3 GPs.

Kildemand continued to replace Pedersen as a reserve and even Hancock In the latter rounds, not as a replacement in the series itself for Pedersen.

All fans want is a level of consistency across the board. As I've said previously, Iversen hasn't been reassessed and has signed for Kings Lynn on 9.06. Why have people like Zagar, Woffinden and Pawlicki so called been changed to 9.00 riders? Any rider who hadn't ridden here last year should of had a weighted average to allow for the decline in standard. None of this picking and choosing whose averages changed and who doesn't.... everybody knows where they stand then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I fail to see how Poole are doing anything wrong here in all honesty. 

IF this rule where a rider was absent for a season or more and was a 2017/2018 fully fledged, ie named in the 1-15 at the start of the gp season, gp rider, Poole have not broken any rules, theyve simply taken advantage of a clear loophole which is what makes Ford such a shrewd promoter.

i dont argue against the fact that Ford has done a lot of damage and broken rules in the past, however this is not one of them. Kildemands signing is legit, hence the BSPA allowing it.

You fail to see.... then say they have taken advantage of a 'clear loophole'.

I asked you to quote me the rule. The fact that you cannot shows that the loophole is far from 'clear'. It is yet another case of who is asking.

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Gordon Pairman said:

Just to clarify, there is no 9 point GP rider rule. In most instances, and particularly in the case of Peter Kildemand and Niels Kristian Iversen, riders with an existing CMA return to British Speedway on that CMA

Do you expect us to believe in somebody who changes their mind at the drop of a hat.    Surely, if you were of sound mind,  you would  understand the sport is fed up to its teeth with the manipulation of the rules, constantly changed  to suit the person who is asking the questions .

If you said the Sea was wet, I would have to dip my hand in first, before I would believe any thing you said....

• Like 2

Whenever there is controversy, you will invariably find Poole at the heart of it - whether they have done anything wrong or not.  The standard response is that it is within the rules - which, of course, is true so they haven't technically done anything wrong. 

The issue is that they are perceived to continually "bend the rules" or use poorly worded rules to their advantage - there are lots of examples and PK being the latest.  Technically, he didn't start as a GP rider last season but he rode in 9 GP meeting (out of 12) - so he was actually a GP rider.

Whether its right or wrong I don't really care any more because having got at least 3 riders on incorrect starting averages (all within the rules) you just know they will always look at ways to manipulate situations to their advantage - that isn't a criticism its an observation!

What irks me is the usual Poole fans on here trying to justify that behaviour as normal - it's not!  So it isn't envy other fans have for Poole it is total disdain that they are "whiter than white" when everyone knows they are not.

Are people that manipulate the rules to their advantages cheats?  Well look at other sports and see what they think - F1 burning oil to gain an advantage, Bradley Wiggins taking "legal" drugs to enhance performance etc. The issue for me is that Poole continually court controversy and its not a team I would ever dream of supporting for the above reasons!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

You fail to see.... then say they have taken advantage of a 'clear loophole'.

I asked you to quote me the rule. The fact that you cannot shows that the loophole is far from 'clear'. It is yet another case of who is asking.

Taking advantage of a loophole is not doing anything wrong. 

I haven’t even bothered looking for the rule, I am merely going off what everyone else has stated Re: the reassessed averages. 

From browsing these threads over the winter and reading comments from people who have attended forums with their sides promotions etc, it seems that any rider who rode in the 2017 SGP series as a declared starter or is down to ride in the 2018 series as a declared starter will have their 2018 Premiership average reassessed to 9.00, if they missed the 2017 season in the Premiership. Hence Zagar, Woffy etc being re assessed to 9.00. 

I do not see how Vaculik has been given 8.00, that is extremely puzzling. 

I can see however how Iversen has retained his 9.06 figure as it was higher than the standard reassessed average being dished out. Thats happened a few times before where if your higher than the required average, you keep the higher average. I am sure SCB will step in and provide some examples

Imagine you are a substitute in the FA Cup final.   After 20 minutes a player is injured and you are brought off the bench to replace him.    Your team wins the cup.  At the end of the match do you get an FA Cup winners medal?   Are you in the winning team photos?   Are you an FA Cup winner?

Now apply this to Kildemand.

If the 9.00 rule exists, for anyone riding in the GP series who didn't ride in Britain in 2017, how can this not apply to Kildemand?  How can he be allowed to use a false 2015 average?

If the 9.00 rule doesn't exist, why was Zagar given a 9.00 average to stop him signing for Belle Vue?  Why can't he use a lower 2016 average if others can use an even more out of date 2015 average?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Imagine you are a substitute in the FA Cup final.   After 20 minutes a player is injured and you are brought off the bench to replace him.    Your team wins the cup.  At the end of the match do you get an FA Cup winners medal?   Are you in the winning team photos?   Are you an FA Cup winner?

Now apply this to Kildemand.

If the 9.00 rule exists, for anyone riding in the GP series who didn't ride in Britain in 2017, how can this not apply to Kildemand?  How can he be allowed to use a false 2015 average?

If the 9.00 rule doesn't exist, why was Zagar given a 9.00 average to stop him signing for Belle Vue?  Why can't he use a lower 2016 average if others can use an even more out of date 2015 average?

Not the same. Fa cup (football) is a team sport. 

How on earth can Peter Kildemand be classed as a full time GP rider when he took part as a reserve replacing two different riders (Pedersen and Hancock) in different meetings. 

Reserves are exactly that, they are brought in to replace injured riders in a GP series. Kildemand just got lucky that there were so many injuries last season and he had plenty of GPs to race in.

it would be good if the BSPA clearly stated this rule once and for all but it seems as it is the case. Kildemand has got in on an old average as he was not deemed to be an official GP rider in 2017. 

Its just a farce how Vaculik has got in on 8.00 and the rest are 9.00.

the only reason I can think of for that is that he is completely new to british speedway whereas the rest (Zagar, Tai etc) arent. But I do agree, the rules need to be clearly stated.

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Not the same. Fa cup (football) is a team sport. 

erm....Speedway is a team sport.   That's why it's crucial that the rules are applied fairly to ensure that every team has an equal chance.    Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that rules are not being applied fairly and not every team has an equal chance.

Just now, WalterPlinge said:

erm....Speedway is a team sport.   That's why it's crucial that the rules are applied fairly to ensure that every team has an equal chance.    Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that rules are not being applied fairly and not every team has an equal chance.

The GPs arent which is what your comparing the scenario to.

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

The GPs arent which is what your comparing the scenario to.

Never mind, don't worry your head trying to grasp the importance of correct averages for Speedway TEAMS and fair play.     

As they say, "There's none so blind..."

1 minute ago, WalterPlinge said:

Never mind, don't worry your head trying to grasp the importance of correct averages for Speedway TEAMS and fair play.     

As they say, "There's none so blind..."

You started saying about a footballer coming on as a sub 20 mins into the fa cup. You compared that with Kildemand coming in as a reserve in the grand prix series.

fa cup football = team event . Speedway grand prix = individual event. 

Clown

15 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You started saying about a footballer coming on as a sub 20 mins into the fa cup. You compared that with Kildemand coming in as a reserve in the grand prix series.

fa cup football = team event . Speedway grand prix = individual event. 

Clown

I love the way you signed your last post at the bottom.    Perfect!

• Like 1

What on Earth do people expect Poole to do? 

Replace Holder with (and I mean no disrespect) Bjarne Pedersen or Nikolai Klindt?

It's up to other clubs to get smarter, not for Poole to get dumber.

As for the "rules" or rather the muddle which allows this kind of thing, well that is a completely different matter.

Edited by Hamish McRaker