British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would they? Its a 70th anniversary meeting so surely will be re-arranged at a future date.

So it is the sponsors paying the money not Matt. 

That is the usual case for these types of meetings

Edited by A ORLOV

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am not arguing that point. I myself believe all teams should wear race suits.

Can I ask a question, do you think Poole look like a team with the bibs? 

Just now, hyabb17 said:

I’m sure I saw Ned Payne say if it’s off tonight it won’t be rerun 

That would be a real shame. Was looking forward to seeing Trick go around one more time.

Just now, hyabb17 said:

Can I ask a question, do you think Poole look like a team with the bibs? 

They look like all teams looked before team race suits came along.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That would be a real shame. Was looking forward to seeing Trick go around one more time.

This was the tweet, it won’t let me upload the pic:

Forecast improving for Poole's anniversary meeting, which is good because if it's rained off it won't be rearranged 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They look like all teams looked before team race suits came along.

But that was 20 years ago, my question is about the present? 

We should be going forward, not backwards IMO

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

I personally like team suits and don’t understand why we haven’t got them. Its not a financial issue. 

Certainly riders are easier to identify without suits but believe a team should look like a team in league meetings.

9 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Forecast improving for Poole's anniversary meeting, which is good because if it's rained off it won't be rearranged 

What's the point in rearranging a 70th anniversary meeting anyway?   Already so far behind the times.

70th Anniversary meetings in speedway are so 1998.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

Sidney seemed to think I was out in australia picking strawberrys for a living as he has said on more than one occasion on here over the last year or so... as always I am happy to prove him wrong. 

As for wanting to watch your teams on a regular basis, doesnt bother me in the slightest. I live in a city where there is top sports events on nearly a daily basis, missing speedway once a week doesnt bother me as it didnt for the three or four years I didnt bother with it before I left for Australia. 

Sidney is always the one who mentions me in australia, not me. Sad that he is a middle aged geezer who stacks shelves for a living yet has a pop at my life. Id chose my life over his every day of the week. 

Believe it or not i quite admire you for having the balls to move away and make  a different life for yourself fair play to you.But personally i don't stack shelves but as i have said before nowt wrong with that every job is important.Look maybe i  took the banter to far but going back to Ford your points are valid but morally the Kildemand  move is so wrong.When they have that meeting in Tennerife do the promoters work together ? do they want to make the sport better or are they individuals who only care themselves and not about the sport as a whole and they will use any loophole to get an advantage.

Edited by Sidney the robin

First the suits now Ford can't even afford the prize money put up so has called it off you couldn't make it up!

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And they continue to make fools on themselves with their pathetic jealousy. The gift that keeps on giving. Gavan leading the way as usual. And calling me a troll for defending my club against petty hatred. 

The gift that keeps on giving. Lol!

Have a look over the thread 

How many people are having a pop at you? Pretty much everyone.........same as on the Swindon match thread where you mock Dan Bewley.

You have the audacity to call me a troll.................well so far apart form you ive not had anyone disagreeing with what ive wrote. I need a calculator to add up the people on both threads having a go at you

Yes you are the gift that keeps on giving

Have to say the improvement in the social media and general news side of the club has improved dramatically.  Twitter, facebook, website and now instagram being used to put the message out.  Speedway portal also putting out good quality footage on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Agrotron said:

First the suits now Ford can't even afford the prize money put up so has called it off you couldn't make it up!

you could its raining rather hard :rolleyes:

With regards to the team suits debate, I personally prefer team suits as it looks more professional and appealing. 

I don't like the new logo so much either... If Matt wanted to go with a retro feel, why not bring back the old skull and cross bones logo /bib for this year only and have the team wear suits similar to the colours middlo and Simmons wore?