British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

To play devil's advocate and take what Mr Pairman says at face value..

Could the Wolves and Belle Vue promotions have used/created the re-assessment of GP riders as an excuse for not signing the riders when in reality they simply couldn't afford them?

Wolves insane signing of Thorssell rather than Lindgren adds credence to that thought process.

Either way, the fact still remains, it is the utter lack of transparency that causes these issues. Soon after the end of the season a list of all riders should be published and their starting averages if used the following year.

Think you might have hit the nail smack on the head.

If a story is repeated often enough some believe it to be true. The downside is when the rider gets an offer from another club and his real average is revealed, it shows someone has told a few porkies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

To play devil's advocate and take what Mr Pairman says at face value..

Could the Wolves and Belle Vue promotions have used/created the re-assessment of GP riders as an excuse for not signing the riders when in reality they simply couldn't afford them?

Wolves insane signing of Thorssell rather than Lindgren adds credence to that thought process.

Either way, the fact still remains, it is the utter lack of transparency that causes these issues. Soon after the end of the season a list of all riders should be published and their starting averages if used the following year.

Smoke and Mirrors springs to mind

48 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So if Holder is out longer we could have more options? Piotr, Zagar or Tai.

Quite posibly mate, but hopefully Chris will be back sooner rather than later..

59 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

It’s a forum. You discuss stuff on it. 

But not really that sort of stuff, especially when riders are concerned. Now for example, IF, Chris is riding in Torun tonight and "somebody" of officialidum is reading this forum the likelyhood being they will jump all over him from a great height. If Chris is not riding tonight then its a different matter. But on the same token, you make sweeping statements that are not true, you could also be in the cart. All im saying is just be careful what you put into print.

Edited by Starman2006

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

not really that sort of stuff, especially when riders are concerned. Now for example, IF, Chris is riding in Torun tonight and "somebody" of officialidum is reading this forum the likelyhood being they will jump all over him from a great height. If Chris is not riding tonight then its a different matter. But on the same token, you make sweeping statements that are not true, you could also be in the cart. All im saying is just be careful what you put into print.

If he's put it on the net,thats his problem if he gets "jumped on".Anyway he can't be riding tomorrow, is'nt he off "sick". If he IS riding tomorrow and hes on the pis*, then he's a prat.

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

But not really that sort of stuff, especially when riders are concerned. Now for example, IF, Chris is riding in Torun tonight and "somebody" of officialidum is reading this forum the likelyhood being they will jump all over him from a great height. If Chris is not riding tonight then its a different matter. But on the same token, you make sweeping statements that are not true, you could also be in the cart. All im saying is just be careful what you put into print.

But there is proof! Holder himself put it online what dont you understand? 

Over the years Belle Vue have said no to riders either because they couldn’t justify or afford the cost. They have never needed to make up any excuse to hide a lack of finance indeed we are probably the most transparent club with regard to our financial standing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, therefused said:

But there is proof! Holder himself put it online what dont you understand? 

Yes i do, thats up to him, but what you fail to grasp is that poolebolton is making sweeping accusations about what he's drinking on a public forum. He has no proof of that unless Chris is holding up said bottle. Otherwise you are making false aligations, and it could have repercusions. You have to be very vareful what you state on a public forum. Just like Piinnys comment earlier..But i have broad shoulders, and have had to have in the last 4 months.

Edited by Starman2006

3 hours ago, ray c said:

It never came across how he meant it to be i get it as well 

Thank you Ray.

If Chris Holder has allowed himself to be pictured holding a beer bottle and have it on his instagram page then he deserves to be the first person 'jumped all over' if he was due to get on a speedway bike. If he wasnt drinking then it wont matter a jot.

He is allowed out drinking if he isnt racing but you cant moan that if he is racing that he shouldnt be the first person to be checked out.

23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes i do, thats up to him, but what you fail to grasp is that poolebolton is making sweeping accusations about what he's drinking on a public forum. He has no proof of that unless Chris is holding up said bottle. Otherwise you are making false aligations, and it could have repercusions. You have to be very vareful what you state on a public forum. Just like Piinnys comment earlier..But i have broad shoulders, and have had to have in the last 4 months.

Go on there instagram you can see them with the bottle. 

Whatever gets put up on instagram we have the right to discuss. I haven’t made up a rumour I have seen a photo and discussed it that I guess he isn’t riding due to drinking. If your that bothered go and be Holders PR manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Go on there instagram you can see them with the bottle. 

Whatever gets put up on instagram we have the right to discuss. I haven’t made up a rumour I have seen a photo and discussed it that I guess he isn’t riding due to drinking. If your that bothered go and be Holders PR manager. 

I havnt seen the instagram photo, but if he's done that then fair enough thats up to Chris. But had you said that in the first instance it wouldnt have been a problem. But as you are only repeating what you have seen then thats ok.  Im just looking out for you.

If some GP riders and clubs really were being blocked due to having automatic imposition of a 9 point average, and the promters involved really wanted them back, why did those promoters not take a stronger, collective stance over it? Or perhaps the GP riders could have collectively organised a boycott.

So it seems that this 9 point business really was a myth, fake news, conspiracy or whatever you want to call it. But it must have originated somewhere.