British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

No, Swindon

So with all their assets they use another club’s rider.

#whats the point of having assets 

36 minutes ago, GWC said:

Just a rider on a bargain average.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

If you want to earn money you make sure yourself you are ready for the new season.Don't rely on others to do it all for you.

You have no choice. You need a sponsor.

41 minutes ago, GWC said:

Kildemand didn’t want to do a full season otherwise I’m sure we would have used him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

You have no choice. You need a sponsor.

Indeed,but wouldn't you chase them up and check to make sure you would be racing at the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Indeed,but wouldn't you chase them up and check to make sure you would be racing at the start of the season.

Yes, but that works both ways, surely. And I would think there is a lot of onus on the club to take responsibility for that. One would expect a professionally run club to have their house in order on this, particularly as they were all summoned to the Home Office a couple of years ago. 

Having said that, it does seem unclear if this is actually the reason anyway.

On 23/03/2018 at 1:33 PM, Steve0 said:

Whenever there is controversy, you will invariably find Poole at the heart of it - whether they have done anything wrong or not.  The standard response is that it is within the rules - which, of course, is true so they haven't technically done anything wrong. 

The issue is that they are perceived to continually "bend the rules" or use poorly worded rules to their advantage - there are lots of examples and PK being the latest.  Technically, he didn't start as a GP rider last season but he rode in 9 GP meeting (out of 12) - so he was actually a GP rider.

Whether its right or wrong I don't really care any more because having got at least 3 riders on incorrect starting averages (all within the rules) you just know they will always look at ways to manipulate situations to their advantage - that isn't a criticism its an observation!

What irks me is the usual Poole fans on here trying to justify that behaviour as normal - it's not!  So it isn't envy other fans have for Poole it is total disdain that they are "whiter than white" when everyone knows they are not.

Are people that manipulate the rules to their advantages cheats?  Well look at other sports and see what they think - F1 burning oil to gain an advantage, Bradley Wiggins taking "legal" drugs to enhance performance etc. The issue for me is that Poole continually court controversy and its not a team I would ever dream of supporting for the above reasons!

I bet they've even got loads of yellow sandpaper ready to stuff down their pants! :o  ;)  :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, Steve0 said:

Whenever there is controversy, you will invariably find Poole at the heart of it - whether they have done anything wrong or not.  The standard response is that it is within the rules - which, of course, is true so they haven't technically done anything wrong. 

The issue is that they are perceived to continually "bend the rules" or use poorly worded rules to their advantage - there are lots of examples and PK being the latest.  Technically, he didn't start as a GP rider last season but he rode in 9 GP meeting (out of 12) - so he was actually a GP rider.

Whether its right or wrong I don't really care any more because having got at least 3 riders on incorrect starting averages (all within the rules) you just know they will always look at ways to manipulate situations to their advantage - that isn't a criticism its an observation!

What irks me is the usual Poole fans on here trying to justify that behaviour as normal - it's not!  So it isn't envy other fans have for Poole it is total disdain that they are "whiter than white" when everyone knows they are not.

Are people that manipulate the rules to their advantages cheats?  Well look at other sports and see what they think - F1 burning oil to gain an advantage, Bradley Wiggins taking "legal" drugs to enhance performance etc. The issue for me is that Poole continually court controversy and its not a team I would ever dream of supporting for the above reasons!

If Ford had his way the league would  end up with  Poole A,Poole B,Poole C,Poole D,Poole E,Poole F,Poole G,Poole H and Poole J....

He must be the most diss loyal promoter in speedway.Win at any cost.Sign as many agents as he can.The rules are there to be (broken) manipulated..In his book.

The worst bit is 90% of their fans don't want to,can't see it,or don't care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, Steve0 said:

Never a truer word spoken.    A post, no doubt, that reflects the total feelings of all the supporters ,  bar Poole. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Matt Ford was involved with the Aussie cricket team   :shock: :wink: :o

And reading the last few posts you wonder why Poole fans get defensive about our club. Say enough rubbish enough times and people actually start to believe it! 

Here’s a fact for you. Poole use the same rules as every other club. The problem is, the majority of the other clubs are owned by promoters who just don’t have the same savvy/money/ability/dedicated time to compete and that’s why over the last 20 years Poole have become the most successful club.

Nothing will change because there’s currently not another promoter out there as dedicated to the sport as Matt Ford. It’s a fact. It’s his full time job and he demands success. As Middlo said at P&P, many clubs would see making the playoffs a successful season, but to Poole it was abject failure to bomb out in the semis.

It’s up to other promotions to raise their game. If they were all of the same ilk as Ford the sport would be in a healthy state in the UK.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Love or hate Poole have to agree with the fact that Ford/Middlo try to do their best for the club even though others may not like some of what is done. Shame certain other promoters can't be a bit more speedway orientated rather than "secret squirrel" types as mentioned in a Rye House post.

• Like 1

Great posts you two, Steve and Hammer 1969 superb. Nuff said.

Peter Kildermand has said he expects to do 4-6 meetings so that will mean he does a few league meetings as well as the cup meetings.

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Peter Kildermand has said he expects to do 4-6 meetings so that will mean he does a few league meetings as well as the cup meetings.

Where did you see that mate ? Edit, he said he would CONSIDER a longer spell with poole, nothing about 4-6 meetings..

Edited by Starman2006