British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

I'm sure I remember reading on here a few months ago that Matt Ford was helping him with his visa application

Unfortunately, he was looking at the wrong rule book..:P

42 minutes ago, GWC said:

And there you are the predictable reply! ..’Nothing wrong with that’....

Ask Rye House how their negotiations went to use KK this season. 

Well, if he rides as well for you as he did for us he'l be useless.

59 minutes ago, MattK said:

I think this is the bone of contention for most people. It seems like one rule for Poole and another for everyone else. Of course, the main culprit is the lack of transparency and consistency from within the BSPA which doesn't help the feeling that Poole get special treatment.

We dont get special treatment, its the same for all clubs.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

We dont get special treatment, its the same for all clubs.

Is it though?

Why are Zagar, Woffinden and P Pawlicki a 9, but Kildemand returns on his old average?

Why are the riders above re-assessed but other non-GP riders, who just happened to have sign for Poole, not re-assessed?

I agree it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but without any transparency from the BSPA about how rules are applied, I can understand how some fans think it looks like favouritism.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, GWC said:

And there you are the predictable reply! ..’Nothing wrong with that’....

Ask Rye House how their negotiations went to use KK this season. 

I think that deal was interesting due to Value. 

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s up to other promotions to raise their game. If they were all of the same ilk as Ford the sport would be in a healthy state in the UK.

No they wouldn't, they'd more likely be closed. 

Coventry Speedway.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, but it wouldnt have come cheap, Ask Mort and Dave Gordon...

True but take it from me raising the of funds to pay for such a facility is 'almost' the easy bit, in many areas just creating a 'track in a field in the middle of nowhere's ville' set up is impossible.  Morton & Gordon (forgot his name before) did so flippin' well, only the very last part under their stewardship, the opening meet & leading up to it, went a bit pear-shaped....

16 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Ford had his way the league would  end up with  Poole A,Poole B,Poole C,Poole D,Poole E,Poole F,Poole G,Poole H and Poole J....

He must be the most diss loyal promoter in speedway.Win at any cost.Sign as many agents as he can.The rules are there to be (broken) manipulated..In his book.

The worst bit is 90% of their fans don't want to,can't see it,or don't care.

at least we would guarantee winning the league.

If you were to meet Matt, you would have a different opinion of him, he cares about his club, his supporters and his sponsors, I for one wouldn't want anyone else running the club

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Well, if he rides as well for you as he did for us he'l be useless.

He should go better this year, he's invested in new push bikes

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

He should go better this year, he's invested in new push bikes

Be careful what you say kk finish his season on fire last year ?

2 hours ago, MattK said:

Is it though?

Why are Zagar, Woffinden and P Pawlicki a 9, but Kildemand returns on his old average?

Why are the riders above re-assessed but other non-GP riders, who just happened to have sign for Poole, not re-assessed?

I agree it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but without any transparency from the BSPA about how rules are applied, I can understand how some fans think it looks like favouritism.

Smoke and mirrors from certain promotions sorry to say. No 9 point gp rider rule never existed by the look of it. Gordon Pairman confirmed this a few days ago.

On 25/03/2018 at 4:34 PM, hyabb17 said:

I believe that his visa has run out, he can ride in Poland without one but if he leaves the UK will not allowed back in, he would have to fly home to Australia & apply for a brand new visa. Doesn’t leave the UK he can apply whilst still in the country. It’s an oversight from him not to have this sorted. 

If he isn't allowed to leave the UK then why was he in the pits with his brother at the pairs meet in in Torun, although he was keeping out of the way well wrapped up with her and dark glasses.

Also if he didn't have his visa surely he would not have Ben able to get his UK racing licence so would not have been able to take part in press and practice 

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

at least we would guarantee winning the league.

This is completely the problem and why many speedway supporters dislike Poole.  

The attitude that as long as Poole win, hammering the sport as a whole into the ground is an acceptable cost.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

This is completely the problem and why many speedway supporters dislike Poole. 

The attitude that as long as Poole win, hammering the sport as a whole into the ground is an acceptable cost.

It has been said time and time again, if all the other promoters were as forward thinking as Matt, British speedway wouldn't find itself in the state it is now

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Smoke and mirrors from certain promotions sorry to say. No 9 point gp rider rule never existed by the look of it. Gordon Pairman confirmed this a few days ago.

Depends who you believe. I see no reason why any promoter would lie. Why did Zagar and Woffy say that were coming back but said that 9 point reassessed average meant they couldn't. Riders lying as well I suppose. 

• Like 1