British Speedway Forum

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Smoke and mirrors from certain promotions sorry to say. No 9 point gp rider rule never existed by the look of it. Gordon Pairman confirmed this a few days ago.

Unfortunately, we only have other promoters and at least one rider's word against My Pairman's. There is also symantics at play here, there may not be a "GP Rider Rule" but that doesn't mean riders haven't been re-assessed.

As I said, it is the lack of transparency which annoys me more than anything. It just seems to often go in Poole's favour.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MattK said:

Unfortunately, we only have other promoters and at least one rider's word against My Pairman's. There is also symantics at play here, there may not be a "GP Rider Rule" but that doesn't mean riders haven't been re-assessed.

As I said, it is the lack of transparency which annoys me more than anything. It just seems to often go in Poole's favour.

You can be sure if a ruling went in favour of another team Shov and Co would be all over it and moaning all season long. However when it's Poole it's no problem. 

I abhor the lack of transparency from our governing body and it's yet another season of 'it's a rule,  it's not a rule,  it might be a rule,  we might use it as a rule if someone asks'.

Couldn't care less what team it is, it's ruining the sport. And  NO it's not anti Poole. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You can be sure if a ruling went in favour of another team Shov and Co would be all over it and moaning all season long.

What ruling has now gone in favour of Poole?

Reading that interview today with Killer I expect he will be known as agent Kildemand by the end of his spell. Get his average down to 6.50 then sign for the mighty Robins a week before the deadline.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Where did you see that mate ? Edit, he said he would CONSIDER a longer spell with poole, nothing about 4-6 meetings..

In the Echo.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Smoke and mirrors from certain promotions sorry to say. No 9 point gp rider rule never existed by the look of it. Gordon Pairman confirmed this a few days ago.

Didn't Matt Ford say he was thinking of using Piotr Pawlicki until he found out he would be re-assessed.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Didn't Matt Ford say he was thinking of using Piotr Pawlicki until he found out he would be re-assessed.

Shush! That means Shovlar is accusing Matt of smoke and mirrors. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nickA said:

If he isn't allowed to leave the UK then why was he in the pits with his brother at the pairs meet in in Torun, although he was keeping out of the way well wrapped up with her and dark glasses.

Also if he didn't have his visa surely he would not have Ben able to get his UK racing licence so would not have been able to take part in press and practice 

You can read the article on sport fakty zuzel, only confirming what was said on there. 

I don’t think you need a UK racing liecence for P&P as it’s only practice, I believe a few Danes were at Poole’s practicing. Again, I could be wrong so if so hold my hands up. 

Edited by hyabb17

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If was an 'apparent done deal' until  he was stopped with a new 9 point average. Seems to have been the worst kept winter secret.

Oops. ... can't be right as Shovlar don't believe if was ever a rule. :P

The theory put forward was that that CVS and Ford put out the rumour when in actual fact it was lack of funds. Wolves plight is well known and with the unaffordabilty of the team suits it seems money is also short at Poole. 

I know we can have some strong banter but I don’t want to see Poole fold. Signs aren’t good. I’m going to make the effort to visit in a couple of weeks as the opportunity to do this is slipping away. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

The theory put forward was that that CVS and Ford put out the rumour when in actual fact it was lack of funds. Wolves plight is well known and with the unaffordabilty of the team suits it seems money is also short at Poole. 

I know we can have some strong banter but I don’t want to see Poole fold. Signs aren’t good. I’m going to make the effort to visit in a couple of weeks as the opportunity to do this is slipping away. 

What are you chatting? 

It’s the most expensive team by a mile. 

Spent a lot on the track. 

Season tickets are up. Poole are doing quite fine .

5 hours ago, MattK said:

Is it though?

Yes it is.

4 hours ago, martinmauger said:

True but take it from me raising the of funds to pay for such a facility is 'almost' the easy bit, in many areas just creating a 'track in a field in the middle of nowhere's ville' set up is impossible.  Morton & Gordon (forgot his name before) did so flippin' well, only the very last part under their stewardship, the opening meet & leading up to it, went a bit pear-shaped....

Granted, they did do well, but its come at a hell of a price... Ask them.. At least it got them out of Kirky Lane..

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Depends who you believe. I see no reason why any promoter would lie. Why did Zagar and Woffy say that were coming back but said that 9 point reassessed average meant they couldn't. Riders lying as well I suppose. 

Woffy has been caught out a few times so I wouldn't believe everything he says!