British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

In the Echo.

But as i said, he will look at a longer period, he said nothing about x meetings. Hopefully Chris wont be to long away. Nothing against Killer but id rather have Chris.

12 minutes ago, ouch said:

Quite fine. 

Concerning. 

If you think Poole are struggling we aren’t. 

We were about 3 years ago. Due to never getting a penny from costal Aluminium and readypower paid in assets. 

Now we have a large amount of finance and MAtt actually built this team on the cheap. 

7 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Personally, I don't see that Matt Ford or Poole do a lot wrong.  In many ways Ford reminds me of the late Ian Thomas as both tend(ed) to upset people (but not worry about it) due to: pushing rules (which are the same for everyone) to the limit, signing the best riders available to them and wishing to do the very best they can in order to promote their club(s) and make them successful....

Very well said Martin.

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

If you think Poole are struggling we aren’t. 

We were about 3 years ago. Due to never getting a penny from costal Aluminium and readypower paid in assets. 

Now we have a large amount of finance and MAtt actually built this team on the cheap. 

To be fair mate, it wasnt really Coastal Aluminiums fault.

30 minutes ago, ouch said:

The theory put forward was that that CVS and Ford put out the rumour when in actual fact it was lack of funds. Wolves plight is well known and with the unaffordabilty of the team suits it seems money is also short at Poole. 

I know we can have some strong banter but I don’t want to see Poole fold. Signs aren’t good. I’m going to make the effort to visit in a couple of weeks as the opportunity to do this is slipping away. 

Poole wont be going anywhere mate, We'l still be here come October !! ;)

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

To be fair mate, it wasnt really Coastal Aluminiums fault.

How do you work that one out?

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I mean they went bust which is there fault. But bit confusing the whole situation! 

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think they were owed Steve.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think they were owed Steve.

I understand Costal Aluminium were owed money. 

They didn’t have enough money went bust and then could not pay Ford. 

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

I understand Costal Aluminium were owed money. 

They didn’t have enough money went bust and then could not pay Ford. 

So basically the usual cash flow issue which kills many companies. Their fault.

• Like 2

Coastal Aluminium became the main title sponsor of Poole Pirates after signing a six-figure deal in 2012, worth more than £200,000.

Thats taken from a ECHO article which shows how much money Ford missed out on. 

33 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

But as i said, he will look at a longer period, he said nothing about x meetings. Hopefully Chris wont be to long away. Nothing against Killer but id rather have Chris.

The article in the Echo said he would look at a longer period for Poole but not this season and it is expected he will do 4-6 meetings.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The article in the Echo said he would look at a longer period for Poole but not this season and it is expected he will do 4-6 meetings.

But it never said 4-6 wks, so you are guessing. Thats not in print. Best wait and see what happens eh..

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, ouch said:

The theory put forward was that that CVS and Ford put out the rumour when in actual fact it was lack of funds. Wolves plight is well known and with the unaffordabilty of the team suits it seems money is also short at Poole. 

I know we can have some strong banter but I don’t want to see Poole fold. Signs aren’t good. I’m going to make the effort to visit in a couple of weeks as the opportunity to do this is slipping away. 

Don't expect the plush seats and facilities like you are used to at the NSS.Best take your own cushion for your seat in the old grandstand.Matt's spent all the dosh this year on the track repairs.

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

But it never said 4-6 wks, so you are guessing. Thats not in print. Best wait and see what happens eh..

i didn't say 4-6 weeks i said 4-6 meetings as it states in the Echo. I didn't say it was certain just what is expected.

Edited by foreverblue