British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Woffy has been caught out a few times so I wouldn't believe everything he says! 

He won't be the first rider caught out either. Look at Holder:P

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

No they wouldn't, they'd more likely be closed. 

Coventry Speedway.

If Coventry Speedway had Ford’s ilk, they’d more likely still be open. 

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

If Coventry Speedway had Ford’s ilk, they’d more likely still be open. 

They did, that was entirely the problem.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And reading the last few posts you wonder why Poole fans get defensive about our club. Say enough rubbish enough times and people actually start to believe it! 

Here’s a fact for you. Poole use the same rules as every other club. The problem is, the majority of the other clubs are owned by promoters who just don’t have the same savvy/money/ability/dedicated time to compete and that’s why over the last 20 years Poole have become the most successful club.

Nothing will change because there’s currently not another promoter out there as dedicated to the sport as Matt Ford. It’s a fact. It’s his full time job and he demands success. As Middlo said at P&P, many clubs would see making the playoffs a successful season, but to Poole it was abject failure to bomb out in the semis.

It’s up to other promotions to raise their game. If they were all of the same ilk as Ford the sport would be in a healthy state in the UK.

It has become quite obvious that to most of us, it is you who believe what you hear, after you preach it so many times.

In any sport, equality is so important, without that equality you have to question the integrity of that sport.  Every other Promoter tries to run their team to the rules as they were intended, not looking at ways to deceive the intention of them rules..   I have often moaned at the BSPA for allowing people like Ford to ride roughshod over our sport, but it is wrong that they have be on the lookout for these kind of people who are only interested in pulling the wool over genuine member’s eyes.   The competition of this sport should be governed by the racing of bikes on the track, not by the person who sees a loophole and bends the rules the most.

You say ‘other promoters should be like Ford and the sport would be far better’, but in truth Ford has been the biggest disease our sport has ever known.  The sport has done well to battle his onslaught of underhanded deception for as long as it has.   Poole fans may think they are the cream of the crop, but the truth of the matter is they are nothing more than sour milk. 

Fans are leaving by their droves because they are fed up to their teeth with how the sport is run.  If you are allowed to bend, cheat or deceive them rules to prosper than any rewards are worthless.   I‘m so pleased, that the majority of the promoters uses the rules how they were intended, and any success  was achieved doing it the right way….  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It has become quite obvious that to most of us, it is you who believe what you hear, after you preach it so many times.

In any sport, equality is so important, without that equality you have to question the integrity of that sport.  Every other Promoter tries to run their team to the rules as they were intended, not looking at ways to deceive the intention of them rules..   I have often moaned at the BSPA for allowing people like Ford to ride roughshod over our sport, but it is wrong that they have be on the lookout for these kind of people who are only interested in pulling the wool over genuine member’s eyes.   The competition of this sport should be governed by the racing of bikes on the track, not by the person who sees a loophole and bends the rules the most.

You say ‘other promoters should be like Ford and the sport would be far better’, but in truth Ford has been the biggest disease our sport has ever known.  The sport has done well to battle his onslaught of underhanded deception for as long as it has.   Poole fans may think they are the cream of the crop, but the truth of the matter is they are nothing more than sour milk. 

Fans are leaving by their droves because they are fed up to their teeth with how the sport is run.  If you are allowed to bend, cheat or deceive them rules to prosper than any rewards are worthless.   I‘m so pleased, that the majority of the promoters uses the rules how they were intended, and any success  was achieved doing it the right way….  

Stinks of petty jealousy from a fan of a club that is run in a manner which is an embarresment to the league. 

Speedway is a competition. In it to win it. There’s no other way of looking at it. Stop being green behind the ears.

I am sure some fans are jealous of the bit of success that Poole have enjoyed under MF, but when you throw money at something for long enough then you will get some kind of reward.  In footballing terms the likes of Chelsea have done it in the past, now its the turn of Man City.  Even local To Poole, Bournemouth have had a few days in the sun by chucking money at it.  Poole will find their own level once the well runs dry.   Will that be at Championship or National League, time will tell.

2 minutes ago, semion said:

I am sure some fans are jealous of the bit of success that Poole have enjoyed under MF, but when you throw money at something for long enough then you will get some kind of reward.  In footballing terms the likes of Chelsea have done it in the past, now its the turn of Man City.  Even local To Poole, Bournemouth have had a few days in the sun by chucking money at it.  Poole will find their own level once the well runs dry.   Will that be at Championship or National League, time will tell.

Won't be National league Ford won't encourage British youngsters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, semion said:

I am sure some fans are jealous of the bit of success that Poole have enjoyed under MF

Let's be fair. Four titles and six play-off finals in eight seasons is more than a "bit of success". Poole have been head and shoulders the most dominate team in league speedway in recent years.

18 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Personally, I don't see that Matt Ford or Poole do a lot wrong.  In many ways Ford reminds me of the late Ian Thomas as both tend(ed) to upset people (but not worry about it) due to: pushing rules (which are the same for everyone) to the limit, signing the best riders available to them and wishing to do the very best they can in order to promote their club(s) and make them successful....

Ian would be turning in his grave if he knew of that comparison. 

He knew the rule book inside out and when he saw the video from the Poole get together where Ford and Russell were seen laughing following the quick re write of the rules to stop us using Jason on a low average (established at Poole), he formed an opinion then that never changed. 

“He wants to check the rule book lol”  

I’ll never forget that. 

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Stinks of petty jealousy from a fan of a club that is run in a manner which is an embarresment to the league. 

Speedway is a competition. In it to win it. There’s no other way of looking at it. Stop being green behind the ears.

I can assure you I am neither Green or Jealous of anything you may have .  This was the typical response I had expected.    My love for speedway stretches back way beyond 50 yrs   I have been to many matches involving other teams so  the fact Lynn is my nearest club is not even relevant.   My love is for the sport and not just one club.   

As in life I believe in right and wrong, doing things the correct  way .    Yes, Speedway is a competition,  where the results should be governed by what happens on the track, and not by some Wildboy  who bends the rules to suit .   Like you say,  there's no other way to look at it. .....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I can assure you I am neither Green or Jealous of anything you may have .  This was the typical response I had expected.    My love for speedway stretches back way beyond 50 yrs   I have been to many matches involving other teams so  the fact Lynn is my nearest club is not even relevant.   My love is for the sport and not just one club.   

As in life I believe in right and wrong, doing things the correct  way .    Yes, Speedway is a competition,  where the results should be governed by what happens on the track, and not by some Wildboy  who bends the rules to suit .   Like you say,  there's no other way to look at it. .....

Ford is by far the best promoter in this country. Nobody else comes close. Its a fact that one some fans struggle to live with.

If Matt Ford was promoter at say, Kings Lynn rather than Poole, I would be looking on enviously wanting my promoter to emulate what he is doung to bring success. 

Saying he is cheating/bending the rules / has his own set of rules etc lar dee dar dee dar, or any other rubbish thrown at him stinks of petty jealousy. 

People moan that the sport comes across as amateur, but when we have one seriously professional promoter, some fans don’t like it!

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ford is by far the best promoter in this country. Nobody else comes close. Its a fact that one some fans struggle to live with.

If Matt Ford was promoter at say, Kings Lynn rather than Poole, I would be looking on enviously wanting my promoter to emulate what he is doung to bring success. 

Saying he is cheating/bending the rules / has his own set of rules etc lar dee dar dee dar, or any other rubbish thrown at him stinks of petty jealousy. 

People moan that the sport comes across as amateur, but when we have one seriously professional promoter, some fans don’t like it!

Good post Steve. To give you an example, Matt spoke at Somerset the other season, and he was a big man in a small place. No disrespect to Debbie  Bill and Gary who have done a superb job with the set up, and Gary is a very sherwd manager, he also takes leafs out of Matts book and im really suprised they did not win more league titles in the championship, but where ever Matt went  he would be successful, because he's driven that way, he wants to win, as a fan, im the same, i want to win, nobody remembers 2nd, yes you cannot win all the time, but Matt i know will not stand still in his Quest for more success But, it would take its toll, its not an easy job far from it. Matt stated in the Echo a while ago he's let the club down, no he hasnt, but its very hard to stay at the top. Matts working while other promoters are kipping...

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Let's face it,  SS would say the Aussie cricket team played by the rules if they were based in Poole. His glasses are so blue tinted, it's a wonder that he hasn't fallen off the quay at Poole because he can't see through them properly.  Watch him at a speedway meeting, every decision that a referee makes against Poole is wrong.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

All this Ford bum licking is nauseating 

I find it qute sad as well some people should look at the bigger picture 

• Like 2