British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

I find it qute sad as well some people should look at the bigger picture 

The only pictures they have are posters off Matt Ford on there bedroom walls 

33 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

Let's face it,  SS would say the Aussie cricket team played by the rules if they were based in Poole. His glasses are so blue tinted, it's a wonder that he hasn't fallen off the quay at Poole because he can't see through them properly.  Watch him at a speedway meeting, every decision that a referee makes against Poole is wrong.

They proved that a few years back when they were happy to use cheating as a bona fide method of winning. 

Funniest think the other year when they were called cheating scumbags they came back with, “ A, we’re not scumbags”!  LOL

Think it is much easier to be successful when you can open the chequebook.  I guess Poole fans want to be believe that Riders are desperate to come to Poole because of MF/The Track/The fans/ and wouldn't dare to  consider the only reason they come is for the Money Ford throws at them.   I have far more respect for Clubs that work to a budget and are sustainable. 

With the amount of cash Ford throws at it the surprise should be when they don't win the league rather than when they do win it.  How many times have we seen Poole choke it when it really counts.  Yet the Poole fans are the only ones who cannot see it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

They did, that was entirely the problem.

Disagree. The results speak for themselves - very different people and business models. 

19 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Disagree. The results speak for themselves - very different people and business models. 

Do you even know what I am referring too?

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ford is by far the best promoter in this country. Nobody else comes close. Its a fact that one some fans struggle to live with.

If Matt Ford was promoter at say, Kings Lynn rather than Poole, I would be looking on enviously wanting my promoter to emulate what he is doung to bring success. 

Saying he is cheating/bending the rules / has his own set of rules etc lar dee dar dee dar, or any other rubbish thrown at him stinks of petty jealousy. 

People moan that the sport comes across as amateur, but when we have one seriously professional promoter, some fans don’t like it!

Talk all you wish too.

The best 'promoter' in the country has caused hundreds, more likely thousands of fans to walk away from the sport. EVERY SINGLE clubs social media for the last ten years and more has been full every single season of fans sick of the manipulation and downright corruption in the sport with 95% of the time Ford and Poole squarely in the middle of it. Whether or not their complaints/suspicions were genuine or not, they were there and continue to be there. There is no doubt at all the damage it has done to the sport.

What has been done about it? Absolutely nothing other than gloating from Poole fans like yourself which have the net result of worsening the problem and zero action from the BSPA either in clarifying rules or being open and honest. 

Yes, Ford has played the system, however the question has to be asked why has he continually been allowed to do so. In other businesses/sports there would be an investigation into alleged corrupt practices.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Good post Steve. To give you an example, Matt spoke at Somerset the other season, and he was a big man in a small place. No disrespect to Debbie  Bill and Gary who have dont a superb job with the set up, and Gary is a very sherwd manager, he also takes leafs out of Matts book and im really suprised they did not win more league titles in the championship, but where ever Matt went  he would be successful, because he's driven that way, he wants to win, as a fan, im the same, i want to win, nobody remembers 2nd, yes you cannot win all the time, but Matt i know will not stand still in his Quest for more success But, it would take its toll, its not an easy job far from it. Matt stated in the Echo a while ago he's let the club down, no he hasnt, but its very hard to stay at the top. Matts working while other promoters are kipping...

Climb out of his arse. A big man in a small place?! WTF are you actually on about. Poole lost fans last season. How did this happen when the messiah was working so hard?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

Think it is much easier to be successful when you can open the chequebook.  I guess Poole fans want to be believe that Riders are desperate to come to Poole because of MF/The Track/The fans/ and wouldn't dare to  consider the only reason they come is for the Money Ford throws at them.   I have far more respect for Clubs that work to a budget and are sustainable. 

With the amount of cash Ford throws at it the surprise should be when they don't win the league rather than when they do win it.  How many times have we seen Poole choke it when it really counts.  Yet the Poole fans are the only ones who cannot see it.

Not all of us 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hodgy said:

If Coventry Speedway had Ford’s ilk, they’d more likely still be open. 

We wouldn't.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Do you even know what I am referring too?

Ford’s ilk closing Coventry Speedway. Forgive me if I wasn’t successful in cracking the code. 

The bank sold Brandon. We would've been in exactly the same position whoever was promoter of Coventry Speedway. However Sandhu was obviously at the time a great threat to others due to his wealth.

I blame partly blame matt Ford for the closure of Coventry  speedway because of 2011 Frost and Sandu signed riders on low averages ie Larson and Sunstrum bur he did not like that so got the rules changed for the average conversion.Partly because we smahad them in the play of final then spit the dummy and took the fireworks home and turned the water of 

2 hours ago, semion said:

Spot on Poole should have walked the league last season but choked so badly their number one went and rode for a club he enjoyed riding for.

We had it all before last season how good the Poole 1-7 was and it didnt deliver and this seasons 1-7 looks riskier , already Chris Holder is missing, who knows how the Poles will go and Sundstrom as well.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Talk all you wish too.

The best 'promoter' in the country has caused hundreds, more likely thousands of fans to walk away from the sport. EVERY SINGLE clubs social media for the last ten years and more has been full every single season of fans sick of the manipulation and downright corruption in the sport with 95% of the time Ford and Poole squarely in the middle of it. Whether or not their complaints/suspicions were genuine or not, they were there and continue to be there. There is no doubt at all the damage it has done to the sport.

What has been done about it? Absolutely nothing other than gloating from Poole fans like yourself which have the net result of worsening the problem and zero action from the BSPA either in clarifying rules or being open and honest. 

Yes, Ford has played the system, however the question has to be asked why has he continually been allowed to do so. In other businesses/sports there would be an investigation into alleged corrupt practices.

There isnt a lot of talking about Shovlar , nobody really takes him seriously on here. Decent Poole fans see the bigger picture , and its no suprise that Shovlar seems to be just as much of an idiot at the track as well.

Matt Ford good for Poole and a disaster for the sport

38 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

The bank sold Brandon. We would've been in exactly the same position whoever was promoter of Coventry Speedway. However Sandhu was obviously at the time a great threat to others due to his wealth.

How would we have been in the same position with a different promoter if he paid his bills owned the stadium and didn't owe the bank anything the bank would not be involved 

Edited by Booey boy