British Speedway Forum

don't understand the song and dance, he's only a temporary replacement, does he make Poole stronger, I don't think so, noddy any day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INCOGNITO said:

Yes they make the rules and the rule is ANY rider that has been a regular GP rider in the last three seasons or currently a GP rider that has an old average below 8.00 will be reassessed at 8.00 unless they rode in Britain in 2017. 

While Kildemand has had many appearances as a standby reserve he was a full GP rider in 2016 and therefore should carry an 8.00 average rather than the 7.10 average. 

The he annoying part is that Poole were one of the most outspoken and put in these clauses at the AGM and then go against them. 

if im not wrong didnt kildermand ride in brittan last year ?

sure he did a few meetings for someone

probaly not enough to change his average  but might just qualify that way

6 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

don't understand the song and dance, he's only a temporary replacement, does he make Poole stronger, I don't think so, noddy any day

So a Holder who isnt in the right frame of mind, has seen his form nosedive over the last 2 seasons is actually a stronger rider right now then Kildemand??? 

Kildemand over Holder every day of the week right now, Holder has loads to prove

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

So you still think he's a temporary replacement. Let's wait & see. I get the feeling he will not be back for a while, if at all this season.

• Like 2

Just now, DunRobin said:

So you still think he's a temporary replacement. Let's wait & see. I get the feeling he will not be back for a while, if at all this season.

In which case his value of £25,000 will be shot to bits.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

It's about the playing field being level and everyone getting treated fairly rather than riders making teams stronger or not. Without integrity the competition is a complete waste of time.

Not saying that's the case here but it would be interesting to know where the 'GP rider 8 point rule' idea came from.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Can you point me in the direction of where this appears officially in the 2018 rules please!?

It’s next to the rule that says you can achieve an average after only 2h & 2a meetings (Max Clegg) or the rule where a club is fined and docked 3 points for a bogus call off. Last year a rider was stopped from riding for seven days after missing a meeting due to illness. The rule is in the rulebook in bold meaning its new for this year, even though it was applied last year?

Some “rules” are written some are not as this allows fluidity in their interpretation dependant on which team is involved. 
  • Like 2

There are some really uptight people on this forum. Funnily enough, Poole is not the only club in this league, i suggest you go on your own threads and have a whinge about your own clubs short comings. like having no ambition. So come October as your club is floundering in mid table obscurity you will have something else to moan about. But no you will still turn to the Poole thread... Its nice to be liked... Perhaps you are all closet Poole fans, i mean, we are the most successful club in mordern speedway so it stands to sense   :D

Edited by Starman2006

59 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Please direct us to that ruling in the 2018 rule book. This has already been explained to you all by Gordon Pairman.

It's just below the regulation that says Woryna and Szczepaniak can come back on ancient historic averages, whilst others can't.

Give us a shout when you've located those regulations.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So a Holder who isnt in the right frame of mind, has seen his form nosedive over the last 2 seasons is actually a stronger rider right now then Kildemand???

Kildemand over Holder every day of the week right now, Holder has loads to prove

and he will, Gavan you will be eating your words come the end of season

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

There are some really uptight people on this forum. Funnily enough, Poole is not the only club in this league, i suggest you go on your own threads and have a whinge about your own clubs short comings. like having no ambition. So come October as your club is floundering in mid table obscurity you will have something else to moan about. But no you will still turn to the Poole thread... Its nice to be liked... Perhaps you are all closet Poole fans, i mean, we are the most successful club in mordern speedway so it stands to sense   :D

Nobody is whinging about their own clubs shortcomings they are whinging about Poole which they are quite entitled to do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

even if he's not, it won't be kilderman, he's already said not interested in a full season

11 minutes ago, ouch said:

Last year a rider was stopped from riding for seven days after missing a meeting due to illness. The rule is in the rulebook in bold meaning its new for this year, even though it was applied last year?

Some “rules” are written some are not as this allows fluidity in their interpretation dependant on which team is involved. 

Last year it was discretionary and correctly applied. This year it's compulsory.

...and we get it. The sole purpose of British speedway, the BSPA and the SCB regulations is to mess with the minds of a few paranoid residents of the Manchester area.

2 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

It's just below the regulation that says Woryna and Szczepaniak can come back on ancient historic averages, whilst others can't.

Give us a shout when you've located those regulations.

"as per the grading list" which at one time was administered by Peter Oakes and may well still be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Nobody is whinging about their own clubs shortcomings they are whinging about Poole which they are quite entitled to do. 

And no doubt they will moan again in October... bless.

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

hence the 440 pages and counting