British Speedway Forum

You say discretionary I say fluidity. Glad we can agree. 

Sole purpose - no, that’s just silly. 

I like it when speedway fans call you out and you say show us the rule. We then quote a rule for you to find and suddenly it doesn’t matter. 

Discretionary way to stick to your guns, lol. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

don't understand the song and dance, he's only a temporary replacement, does he make Poole stronger, I don't think so, noddy any day

Sooner see kildermand even if it's only for a few meetings far more exciting thàn holder:D

14 minutes ago, ouch said:

You say discretionary I say fluidity. Glad we can agree. 

Sole purpose - no, that’s just silly. 

I like it when speedway fans call you out and you say show us the rule. We then quote a rule for you to find and suddenly it doesn’t matter. 

Discretionary way to stick to your guns, lol. 

Quite right. Don't let the facts get in the way of a poor conspiracy theory.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

It's just below the regulation that says Woryna and Szczepaniak can come back on ancient historic averages, whilst others can't.

Give us a shout when you've located those regulations.

It's going to be ok from 2019.I hear Matt is being lined up to replace Buster at the end of this season :blink:.

Being serious though, Buster has a team competing with Poole, yet they find ways around so called rules time after time.

Surely Buster wouldn't let teams get away with so called "ringers". Why let teams bend the rules to gain advantages when you have a team in the same league. I wouldn't.I don't get it :unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

12 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Quite right. Don't let the facts get in the way of a poor conspiracy theory.

Funny, when all I post is fact. 

Over to you.......

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Mate, no rules get broken. If they are not above board then the BSPA would not sanction any signings. Its as simple as that. There are to many uptight people on here who want more to do with Poole than there own club, although, i can understand why...;):approve:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ray c said:

Sooner see kildermand even if it's only for a few meetings far more exciting thàn holder:D

you enjoy seeing a rider keep falling off then

I understand the argument but Matt Szczepaniak is a Kings Lynn asset which ford asked Buster for. 

So it’s pretty above board. 

30 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

you enjoy seeing a rider keep falling off then

Still exciting though that's the main reason I go to speedway .kIdermand certainly not  boring :D

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

And no doubt they will moan again in October... bless.

Well i hope so but there is a lot of racing to do between now and then. The fact remains anyone can make any comment on any thread and they are certainly not going to stop because you tell them to!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I understand the argument but Matt Szczepaniak is a Kings Lynn asset which ford asked Buster for. 

So it’s pretty above board. 

Completely irrelevant, what that shows is that Buster and anybody else involved in decision making shouldn't be if they are letting riders come back to the UK several years later on out of date averages when a blind man can see that they have improved considerably in that time.

Above board in British speedway doesn't mean fair or right, particularly when those averages almost certainly would have been different had another club been doing the asking. 

• Like 1

Our team is perfectly legal so deal with it. Moan, moan, moan grow up. Kildemand wasn't/isn't a full time GP rider perfectly legal. Kacper Woryna and Mat Szczepaniak have averages they achieved when they last rode over here again perfectly legal.

Matt Ford has put together a classy 1-7 that should walk the league and the anti-Poole brigade don't like the fact of that happening. 

• Like 1

Particularly not fair, right or consistent when Gordon Pairman tells us that the BSPA reduced Jonsson's average when he came back to the UK because he was no longer the rider he had been. The consistent application of the rules would result in averages being increased for riders who have clearly improved since their last time in the UK and that is what should have happened. 

Of course you have to be capable of viewing things objectively rather than just subjectively to understand the harm this sort of inconsistency does to the credibility of the sport.

• Like 6

Lots of sour grapes again towards the Poole team. Perhaps their promotions can put together a side to challenge.

sourgrapes.jpg

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/03/2018 at 8:04 PM, Starman2006 said:

Its a jumper not a flat horse. Flat horses come out of Starting stalls, jumpers have tape start. Hope that helps mate.

I always thought that jumpers were started by casting on?