British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Particularly not fair, right or consistent when Gordon Pairman tells us that the BSPA reduced Jonsson's average when he came back to the UK because he was no longer the rider he had been. The consistent application of the rules would result in averages being increased for riders who have clearly improved since their last time in the UK and that is what should have happened. 

Of course you have to be capable of viewing things objectively rather than just subjectively to understand the harm this sort of inconsistency does to the credibility of the sport.

Moan about the bspa mc then and take it off the Poole thread.

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gordon Pairman made the comment in this thread and it relates to two riders in the current Poole team so it seems entirely relevant to make comments about it in this thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Gordon Pairman made the comment in this thread and it relates to two riders in the current Poole team so it seems entirely relevant to make comments about it in this thread. 

So a couple of promoters have got caught out telling fibs to cover the reason certain riders were not signed. The trutch has now come out. End of story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So a couple of promoters have got caught out telling fibs to cover the reason certain riders were not signed. The trutch has now come out. End of story.

I do hope that wasn't too painful. Was it something you ate ?  :D

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve, give it a rest mate. ;)

I most certainly will not, it's unimportant to me who it affects or benefits. How you can have a rider on his old average who rode in 9 GP's whilst others are saddled with a 9??? Just disgraceful. It's the BSPA who are at fault here not one club. 

5 hours ago, Arthur Fry said:

keep going on about it won't change anything, bspa make the rules not Poole

That's why I'm going on about it, transparency is the only thing most speedway fans. I couldn't care less which thread it is on. The BSPA have completely messed up the rules on averages yet again. 

3 hours ago, scaramanga said:

if im not wrong didnt kildermand ride in brittan last year ?

sure he did a few meetings for someone

probaly not enough to change his average  but might just qualify that way

You are wrong,  he didn't ride in Britain in 2017.

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Care to quote the truthful story?? All I've seen and heard are posts from a former promoter saying no such rules existed whilst 2 others have spoken out saying there was. There is no truthful story.  Just opinions. Of course if you can quote me this story then I'm only happy to read it.

Edited by stevebrum

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

That's why I'm going on about it, transparency is the only thing most speedway fans. I couldn't care less which thread it is on. The BSPA have completely messed up the rules on averages yet again. 

You are wrong,  he didn't ride in Britain in 2017.

Care to quote the truthful story?? All I've seen and heard are posts from a former promoter saying no such rules existed whilst 2 others have spoken out saying there was. There is no truthful story.  Just opinions. Of course if you can quote me this story then I'm only happy to read it.

Which 'former promoter' are you referring to? If its Gordon Pairman then he is a current co-promoter who also serves on the Speedway Control Bureau - so I guess he should know the truth!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

time must fly by

i was sure he did a short stink as cover for someone

must have been the year before

Last rode here in 2015

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Which 'former promoter' are you referring to? If its Gordon Pairman then he is a current co-promoter who also serves on the Speedway Control Bureau - so I guess he should know the truth!!

And CVS knows the truth.  One of them is either lying or both are unclear if it's a rule of not.

So there is no such thing as 'the truth'.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

And CVS knows the truth.  One of them is either lying or both are unclear if it's a rule of not.

not in speedway there isnt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

But there's no mention in the rules!!!!!  Fair enough if it was discussed at the AGM - but you'll be telling me next that every promoter attended every AGM session?!:rolleyes::D

BTW I didn't think CVS attended the AGM due to his illness/treatment!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who made you boss? Discussions develop where they develop, so tough breast.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

But there's no mention in the rules!!!!!  Fair enough if it was discussed at the AGM - but you'll be telling me next that every promoter attended every AGM session?!:rolleyes::D

Peter Adams went.  Ard you suggesting he lied to CVS? :D:rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It wasn’t discussed at the AGM. It surfaced following Zagar’s tweet about returning at the end of November. 

Just now, ouch said:

It wasn’t discussed at the AGM. It surfaced following Zagar’s tweet about returning at the end of November. 

Havnt you got your own thread to go to...