British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, ouch said:

Poole track is awful. I left half way through. 

I knew it was bad but watching on tv you just fast forward after bend three lap one. 

Being there in person and not having that option was mind numbing, just terrible. 

Monday can’t come quick enough. 

What do you really expect mate, we've had buckets of rain down here for weeks. Glyn did very well to get it turned over graded and packed  to a racable  state. He told me it was like a swamp in the morning when he came in. And you cannot put machinery on a sodden track otherwise you will do more damage than good, You will tear the track to shreads in the tyres.
Glyn and Matt busted a gut to get that meeting on, way beyond the call of duty. Just think yourself lucky you saw some speedway, otherwise you would have had the hump after a 400 mile round trip..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Just now, Arthur54 said:

I use to love my trips to Blunsden many years ago, was probably my favourite away track, but like everything else, its not the same anymore

I accept a couple of meetings have had a badly prepared track, but the new one, if we get it, should make the racing slightly better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

he would bring you some much needed success

depends on your definition of success

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

I accept a couple of meetings have had a badly prepared track, but the new one, if we get it, should make the racing slightly better.

Mate, any NEW track is far easier to maintain than an old one, you just have to keep on top of it. if you have a curator that knows his stuff it will not be a problem.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

you were lucky, you had Batchelor and Lawson

eh ?? you for real :lol: 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Sorry you may not approve, but its true.

It clearly isn't, I could name several who wouldn't, no one denies what he brings to Poole.

I'm hearing Noddy 12 from 5 rides in Poland today

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Only reason Swindon won the league last year was because you got lucky in the final. And nearly made a complete mess of that as well!

You take your luck when you can, even Poole do, it's just the rub of the green, all sports are the same.

59 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

change the record, come down and see for yourself

Been many times thanks, but it's been poor for several seasons now. 

Let's see if its actually worked this time.

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Been many times thanks, but it's been poor for several seasons now. 

Let's see if its actually worked this time.

Steve, when we get some settled weather the track will be the best its been sinse 0-11.  As ive said umpteen times, its nigh on imposible to prepare a track properly how you would like it if you have near permanant rain. Glyns work will reap rewards and the riders were very happy with things on P&P day so it can only get better.

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve, when we get some settled weather the track will be the best its been sinse 0-11.  As ive said umpteen times, its nigh on imposible to prepare a track properly how you would like it if you have near permanant rain. Glyns work will reap rewards and the riders were very happy with things on P&P day so it can only get better.

Like you say no one can judge any track at the moment so when conditions improve everyone will see how the remedial work handles and if it improves the awful bumps.

I hope it does as I used to rate the Poole track highly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Like you say no one can judge any track at the moment so when conditions improve everyone will see how the remedial work handles and if it improves the awful bumps.

I hope it does as I used to rate the Poole track highly. 

It will, Glyns very professional, believe me.

16 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Any other club would like Matt as there promoter..

I'd rather stick with the ones we've got already thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I'd rather stick with the ones we've got already thanks.

you obviously don't want to win trophies then