British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, scottyfan said:

So who do we think will be in the 2019 starting line up? :lol:

Tell you what. Why dont you get together with Ray R and Poole Kieth and discuse this in a darkened room, and leave the rest of us to talk about 0-18, there's more than plenty of life in this season yet.  ;)    :D

• Confused 1

starman please try and think just a little before you post,your making a complete fool of yourself,and unfortunately its on a poole thread and reflects badly on us all.

16 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Chris Holder lost 7KG over the winter. 67KG now. 

He won the WC when he was 66.5KG. 

But that was 6 years ago when he was at his peak, those days are long since gone.

1 hour ago, semion said:

But that was 6 years ago when he was at his peak, those days are long since gone.

Really, you will be eating your words my friend..

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

starman please try and think just a little before you post,your making a complete fool of yourself,and unfortunately its on a poole thread and reflects badly on us all.

Really.. Lets get some things straight sha'l we.. 1, The sponsors are NEVER left alone on the centre green, as you incinuated, never, they always have a chaparone, who looks after the meeting sponsors, H/S depicts that. 2, There have been slight teething problems sinse bends 1-2 were torn up and completely re-laid, properly, like it should have been done 7 years ago,  this is due to our lovely british weather, but once we get some consistant weather you will see the benifit of Glyns work. It is very hard to prepare the track with any consistancy this time of year.
3, You can never prepare the track the same way every week, weather conditions depict that, even in the height of summer, you can do exactly the same as the previous week, but it will ride completely differently.
4, The track was the same for both sides on Weds, there was nothing wrong with it. Swindon got there set ups right gated and adapted to the track, we did niether. 5, there is plenty of juice left in this season.  Our boys need to learn from Weds, and im sure they will. Now unless you have something constructive to say, and not jumble your posts up to  cover yourself please dont say it.. Thank you.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Confused 1

Am i right in reading that Pooles next 5 fixtures are all away

Wolves, Kings Lynn, Somerset, Swindon and Rye?

Poole could be quite a way off the pace with possibly only Kings Lynn and Somerset likely to offer chances of any points

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole could be quite a way off the pace with possibly only Kings Lynn and Somerset likely to offer chances of any points

Seasons a marathon mate, not a sprint.  I personally would be happy to see us to pick up 4 points or more from those meetings. But we need to win our home meetings. One thing our boys will take from Weds is take nothing for granted and every other team will be looking for us as a scalp.

Edited by Starman2006

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Somerset is a cup meeting 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

4, The track was the same for both sides on Weds, there was nothing wrong with it. Swindon got there set ups right gated and adapted to the track, we did niether. 5, there is plenty of juice left in this season.  Our boys need to learn from Weds, and im sure they will. Now unless you have something constructive to say, and not jumble your posts up to  cover yourself please dont say it.. Thank you.

Starman, the track on Wednesday was terrible. Smooth but no passing.  

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Starman, the track on Wednesday was terrible. Smooth but no passing.  

So who is going to put the holes back in it then ?

Were Starman and Shovvy both at the same meeting ?    Now Im not sure who to believe.  Could you help Starman ?  Which one of you is the Billy Bull54iter

39 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Seasons a marathon mate, not a sprint.  I personally would be happy to see us to pick up 4 points or more from those meetings. But we need to win our home meetings. One thing our boys will take from Weds is take nothing for granted and every other team will be looking for us as a scalp.

I get that but its better to have points in the bag rather than be having matches in hand.

33 minutes ago, ray c said:

Somerset is a cup meeting 

Didnt realise apologies.

So they have to go to Wolves and Rye which will be hard tracks to get anything from, Swindon which after Monday will be tough, and then the chance maybe of points at Lynn

27 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I get that but its better to have points in the bag rather than be having matches in hand.

Didnt realise apologies.

So they have to go to Wolves and Rye which will be hard tracks to get anything from, Swindon which after Monday will be tough, and then the chance maybe of points at Lynn

Rye and wolves in theory are a no go unless we get lucky ?

33 minutes ago, ray c said:

Rye and wolves in theory are a no go unless we get lucky ?

Rye you might get something but i cant see the Poles liking it much. Kurtz has gone well there and Sundstrom used to race there. Dont think Josh likes it and has PK ever ridden there?