British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Rye you might get something but i cant see the Poles liking it much. Kurtz has gone well there and Sundstrom used to race there. Dont think Josh likes it and has PK ever ridden there?

Surely holder will be back by then holder for kildermand is a like for like cant see it improving our fortunes to be honest

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I get that but its better to have points in the bag rather than be having matches in hand.

Granted, most definately. But the season is young, and there's a long way to go.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Starman, the track on Wednesday was terrible. Smooth but no passing.  

Agreed, but its a funny time of year.  preparing a track this time of year. Glyn is still getting to grips with it he knows what he's doing  he will get it right how many meetings have we had at home ?. Smooth, its what the fans/riders were crying out for. A lot of money was invested in turns 1-2, but again, they will be not seen to there best effect untill we get some settled weather. Im sure Glyn will find the grip, im sure next time he will spike the outside, but maybe he was under instruction not to do so, i dont know. but as ive also pointed out, you have 3 options, not spike it, 2, spike it and all you will be doing is churning up no grip as Adam Sckorniki told me, or 3 , lightly spike it  and pack with tractor tyres. you need grip, but not to much. but as ive also pointed out, watering this time of year is a fine line. You can water the bends and home straight quite heavily, up to a point in the day this time of year because you get the sun, when we get it all day, but you have to be conservative with the back straight because the shadow of the grandstand casts early, and if you water that heavily this time of year it just stands.
Swindon got there set ups right and attacked the track, it was the same for both sides mate. Yes i was like you very dissapointed with our effort on Weds, things need to improve. and they will. Glyn will get it right, and it will all come together. No panic here mate..

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

So who is going to put the holes back in it then ?

Starman is an expert at digging holes for himself!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Track was very dry early afternoon 

It was. On a nice warm day you have to get water into that track during the daytime It dries terribly quickly. Glyn will soon get used to it.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Starman is an expert at digging holes for himself!

The only thing your an expert at is digging  holes  to build sand castles.

Edited by Starman2006

5 hours ago, semion said:

Were Starman and Shovvy both at the same meeting ?    Now Im not sure who to believe.  Could you help Starman ?  Which one of you is the Billy Bull54iter

Nothing wrong with the track mate, just needed more water during the day. it dries very quickly. Glyn will get used to it. It was the same for both sides they gated and adapted better.. No excusses. Clearly some dont read my posts, then bring it up again..

Edited by Starman2006

30 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

It was. On a nice warm day you have to get water into that track during the daytime It dries terribly quickly. Glyn will soon get used to it.

Neil is back on board so some continuity

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Nothing wrong with the track mate, just needed more water during the day. it dries very quickly. Glyn will get used to it. It was the same for both sides they gated and adapted better.. No excusses. Clearly some dont read my posts, then bring it up again..

didnt you tell glyn the track" needed more water during the day"????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Neil is back on board so some continuity

Thats good, he will be a big help to Glyn, will take a bit of presure off him.

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Was the tide out?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Was the tide out?

Tide can make a big difference, believe it or not..

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Tide can make a big difference, believe it or not..

Thats why I asked if it was out 

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats why I asked if it was out 

Im not sure, didnt get a chance to look at tide times, but Glyn would have known.