British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Let's not pretend that there is a single rider in the world who gives half as much of a sh*t about England as they do Poland.

You think most of the NL and championship riders give a frig about Poland? :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You think most of the NL and championship riders give a frig about Poland? :rolleyes:

Do you think most of the NL and championship riders are making a decent living off it? Let's not play silly buggers. If you were a plumber and you had 2 clients, one of which was paying you £10 and hour and the other one was paying you £100 an hour, who do you think would be getting the best service?

Edited by BurntFaceMan

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

No good to us though is it. Needs to be riding like that when wearing a Poole race bib. 

I was watching the Best Pairs in Poland and even those teams had proper race suits! :rofl:  We might as well replace "Volvo Cars" with "Tin Pot"!

56 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I was watching the Best Pairs in Poland and even those teams had proper race suits! :rofl:  We might as well replace "Volvo Cars" with "Tin Pot"!

We are a ragamuffin side now I sit in stand by the start line and we are awful compered to Swindon last Wednesday !!!

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ray c said:

We are a ragamuffin side now I sit in stand by the start line and we are awful compered to Swindon last Wednesday !!!

Well if you think its that bad dont go. Clearly you have no patience. You are clearly not a fan of Chris, you clearly dont like the track, although you will not listen.
There is not a poole fan who was not dissapointed last weds, but you seem to be the only one going on and on about it. Its early days and things will improve. But i doubt you will agree with that either. Umpteen times fans have said we were beaten in all departments, but everybody else has moved on bar you.
You cannot blame Glyn for the track, he's had two meetings, its all new to him, we've had so much rain its been untrue, he will get to grips with the track  he talks with the riders, it was the same for both sides last weds. it will improve.

9 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Matt has a phone in his office mate..

To be honest I was prepared to see what the team would look like without the race suits purely for nostalgia reasons, however, after watching the first 2 meetings I have to say that I think Poole are wrong to go without them. I can appreciate what Matt was trying to achieve but I think for the era we are in it hasn't worked. Swindon looked so much more professional last week. I personally think Matt should reconsider and change back, obviously this is my own opinion but I have heard a lot of other supporters say the same. I am sure a sponsor could be found even at this stage

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simon.c said:

To be honest I was prepared to see what the team would look like without the race suits purely for nostalgia reasons, however, after watching the first 2 meetings I have to say that I think Poole are wrong to go without them. I can appreciate what Matt was trying to achieve but I think for the era we are in it hasn't worked. Swindon looked so much more professional last week. I personally think Matt should reconsider and change back, obviously this is my own opinion but I have heard a lot of other supporters say the same. I am sure a sponsor could be found even at this stage

We have a main sponsor in Volvo Cars. I would like to think this is a one off for our 70th aniversary year. The walk on music is good, brings back memories for the older fans, its also very uplifting, far better than Pirates of the carribean imo. But maybe as a compromise they could change back to team kevlars  but keep the bibs and keep the music.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Well if you think its that bad dont go. Clearly you have no patience. You are clearly not a fan of Chris, you clearly dont like the track, although you will not listen.
There is not a poole fan who was not dissapointed last weds, but you seem to be the only one going on and on about it. Its early days and things will improve. But i doubt you will agree with that either. Umpteen times fans have said we were beaten in all departments, but everybody else has moved on bar you.
You cannot blame Glyn for the track, he's had two meetings, its all new to him, we've had so much rain its been untrue, he will get to grips with the track  he talks with the riders, it was the same for both sides last weds. it will improve.

I was actually on about race suits and I was answering somebody else not you I have ask you not to answer my post if you don't like them thanks

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

I was actually on about race suits and I was answering somebody else not you I have ask you not to answer my post if you don't like them thanks

Appologies i mistook you for somebody else who spends all there time moaning. See my post in reply to Simon C.

56 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Appologies i mistook you for somebody else who spends all there time moaning. See my post in reply to Simon C.

Fancy that, Starman not reading a post properly... now who is it that always bangs on about people 'don't read my posts properly'? Hmmmm :rolleyes: 

11 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

They also  had race bibs as well which according to a lot of posters is out dated 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

We have a main sponsor in Volvo Cars. I would like to think this is a one off for our 70th aniversary year. The walk on music is good, brings back memories for the older fans, its also very uplifting, far better than Pirates of the carribean imo. But maybe as a compromise they could change back to team kevlars  but keep the bibs and keep the music.

I agree, , the parade music does bring back good memories of when I first started going back in the 70's, and I think the riders walking out is better as well. Team kevlars just makes the presentation so much more professional, hopefully Matt will reconsider.

team kevlars i think unlikely to be brought back at poole this season as purely a cost cutting decision,most clubs are anticipating a very tough financial yr in the speedway world not just poole,early season financial targets almost certainly already missed.I prefer team kevlars but can easily get by without them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Having no team suits is crap. Having that ancient marching music is an embarrassment and totally cringworthy.

• Like 4