British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

There's 30 million songs on Spotify alone, it's not like we're in short supply of options. I don't know why it has to be between some ancient song nobody has heard before or the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song.

Something electronic would suit the image of the sport a lot better. Some of the music Nero makes, especially in instrumental format, would suit the image of the sport perfectly. It's high speed, high octane, wheel to wheel action! Not a children's play. 

I think you will find the majority of poole fans reconise the walk on song. Its the clubs 70th aniversary so its been brought back for that. From my point of veiw its uplifting and jolly

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Definitely Yes!!!

My son and his best mate - both late 30/early 40 and regular fans over several years - attended their first meeting of the season on Wednesday.

When the parade began and the music started, they both looked at each other and burst out laughing - and that was before we got tonked on track!!

Personally although of pension age myself, what happened 70 years ago means very little to me and I really hope that after the Birthday meeting on Thursday, we can move forward.  MF has mentioned 'changes to the presentation' a couple of times and I sincerely hope there are to be things of a more modern era in the pipeline.

But not pirates of the carribean..

• Like 1

Perfect. Bad ass theme tune. You can stick your pirates of the carrribean and jolly marching tunes.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I don't see the point of paying 10k for race suits. It won't make the riders any faster. The sport is in dire straights and it's an expenditure that plays no role on dictating the result on track. 

If race suits are such a big deal, why not set up a Kickstarter or something??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

It really depends on how you want to run the sport. If you want to move forward, attract new audiences, attract new sponsors and actually grow the brand then you need to be with the times. That means modern music, professional race suits, top notch logos, snazzy designs and proper social media presence. At the moment it looks like they're just trying to appeal to their bread and butter pensioners!

You are bang on the money there.

Poole are called the 'Pirates' - potentially the best nickname you could have from a marketing point of view. Speedway is an extreme sport and should be seen as being pretty badass, not 'jolly' or anything like that. The Poole logo this season is absolutely dreadful when it could be so good too. Whoever is on the marketing and/or marketing front has done an awful job on that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Poole are called the 'Pirates' - potentially the best nickname you could have from a marketing point of view. Speedway is an extreme sport and should be seen as being pretty badass, not 'jolly' or anything like that. The Poole logo this season is absolutely dreadful when it could be so good too. Whoever is on the marketing and/or marketing front has done an awful job on that.

Actually designed by a “top notch” design company that did Man City’s. I agree colours are wrong and it’s not my cup of tea. But if you put out 20 logos people would choose differently.

• Like 1

Nobody can ever convince me that a 'team' of riders all in different colour kevlars look as good as seven matching team suits. For the top division of a 'professional' sport it's not acceptable, in fact I'd say it should be compulsory for every team in our top two divisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Careful, the tide will take your sandcastle out..

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Careful, the tide will take your sandcastle out..

What? :blink:

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

What? :blink:

Havnt you got yr own thread to go to..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Havnt you got yr own thread to go to..

You're too entertaining Starman, it's very difficult for anyone to stay away :t:

1 minute ago, YerRopes said:

You're too entertaining Starman, it's very difficult for anyone to stay away :t:

I wish he would..

While I understand the criticism of the new logo, in the 70th year of the club seems appropriate to me to pay homage to the club's heritage.

I'd also add, while it's his main business, I've always had the impression Matt Ford sees himself as a custodian of the team. He was a fan before an owner and reinventing the club's image in an important year in its history might feel like overstepping his remit?

• Like 1