British Speedway Forum

On 18/01/2018 at 4:08 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

They are clearly running scared. If Sundstrom and Shanes are the final two, Poole will have a powerhouse team which would be stronger than any completed team so far.

Comparing Swindons team, which if I am honest looks a bit flat and lacklustre, to Pooles is like comparing a two day open bottle of Lambrusco with a couple of extinguished fags floating on top, (Swindon) to a chilled bottle of Krug. (Poole)

On 19/01/2018 at 6:10 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol at Gavan!

Jack Holder and Newman v Sundstrom and Woryna? nothing in it? LOL!

They should make the playoffs comfortably? Is that praise? Of the other completed teams no other side has the potential or strength in depth. If Swindon had named this side I would be waving the white flag!

A superb lineup which should go unbeaten at home and pick up plenty of points on the road. Looking forward to trips to the bigger tracks of Swindon, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and Somerset.

Gavan not happy tonight. Lol!

On 20/01/2018 at 10:54 AM, Gavan said:

Nope havent done that take a little look harder next time.

Simply said Pooles riders struggle at Monmore.

I think Belle Vue and Leicester have better teams than Wolves , but i would fancy Poole over 2 legs against both of those. 

For me Poole will find it harder over 2 legs against Wolves then any other side.....thats my opinion or do you expect Poole to smash everyone!

Poole should breeze into the play offs with the 1-7 but there are risks there simple as that.

Just a few little gems 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sugarray said:

When I started going.

what about the fearman and chandler days ?

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

Ole Ole Ole Ole Champions Champions

Oops, sorry, wrong thread :) 

Right thread. Just 5 months too early.:P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If we win I'll make a collage of all these hilarious posts to rub in their faces ;)

No one likes over confidence but when you are and your team doesn’t deliver - you have to expect a reaction.  

As has been said the season has just started and as we all know - it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.

Poole will come good - I have no doubt about that.

• Like 1

Madness to underestimate the Pirates.

A little bit of average manipulation early season will see the Pirates end up with super strong side with a few changes.

They could possibly bring in Holder for Shanes in June with about 0.75 knocked off everyone's average. 

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Madness to underestimate the Pirates.

A little bit of average manipulation early season will see the Pirates end up with super strong side with a few changes.

They could possibly bring in Holder for Shanes in June with about 0.75 knocked off everyone's average. 

Holder should be back next week. Changes sooner than you think.

28 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

If we win I'll make a collage of all these hilarious posts to rub in their faces ;)

Which is exactly what everyone is doing now. Shovlar was the biggest culprit telling everyone how Poole were going to smash everyone so when your getting beat as easily as you are right now then you have to take all the stuff that comes your way. 

If you can’t take it don’t dish it out 

31 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I think everyone knows Poole will come good. The banter now is purely because of the over confidence shown by some at the start of the season. Im sure we all expect Poole to easily make the play offs 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I think everyone knows Poole will come good. The banter now is purely because of the over confidence shown by some at the start of the season. Im sure we all expect Poole to easily make the play offs 

I think that's spot on tbh.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Spot on. Won’t it just be fab when the Champions beat Poole in the final again!  Only trouble is, can’t see your lot making it. From world beaters to everybody’s whipping boys. What a shower! :)

27 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Spot on. Won’t it just be fab when the Champions beat Poole in the final again!  Only trouble is, can’t see your lot making it. From world beaters to everybody’s whipping boys. What a shower! :)

Mr Cook you are going to have serious egg on your face come season end.:lol:

I dont think for one minute this team will be the in august. I dont actually think it is good enough couple of changes at some stage still quiet on holders return as well is there still a hold up on that one .i know people will say early days so if it's early dayzs why are other teams up and running and we are not ?

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

They've GOT to get better than the efforts they are producing now and of course every year they seem to be there or thereabouts but I'm really not sure they will make the play offs at all this season. Such a long way to go yet and injuries will inevitably affect things as the season goes on (we've seen how that has affected Leicester already!) but my prediction for the play offs are Belle Vue, Wolves, Swindon and Kings Lynn.

I think the only just about certain thing about the season is that Rye House are going to be bottom! (as long as Doyle makes an effort all season for Somerset and doesn't lose too much focus on them)