British Speedway Forum

If you look at some of the recent Polish stats/history perhaps it is not such a great surprise that some of the pool riders are not performing as some had built them up to be.

All av shown are 4 ride per meeting av calculated out.

Spaniak - The guy is 31 and his last Uk appearances some years ago were not inspiring. Signed mainly on what he achieved in POL Nice 1 (below Pol EXL) last season.I.E his 9.16 4 ride av and rode ok in the SEC series.  For example. In 2015 & 2016  his Nice 1 av was only 6 & 6.30. No significant performances to make one interested in signing his and his previous UK form wasnt inspiring. In 2018 he has had 14 rides for Rybnik and only achieved 4.89 4 ride av. Was dropped for Cook at the weekend who fared no better. BUT will he be back in their side this weekend. You would never have though last seasons rider would be dropped by his new club and begs the question is he returning to what he achieved in previous seasons ??

Sundstrom - 27 but showed promise when last in UK years ago as a young up and coming Swede. Has he pushed on ??. In 8 matches in POL EXL in 2018 he achieved only 4.5 and in 2018 so far he has only achieved  3.64 from 3 matches and 11 rides. In 2016 he achieved 7.1 in Nice 1 which to repeat is not the POL EXL. Remember these are 4 ride calculations. In Sweden he seems to do better at about 7 last season. The point being he is not doing it in UK (so far) or POL (last season or so far this season).

Kildemand - Should Matt be considering him IF he became available. Peter's form has not been great last season or this (so far). Last season he was near enough bottom of SGP although yes he did come in after a few meetings but again his overall form not that great. In POL worryingly last season he had an av of only 4.90 and so far this season from 3 meeting he has only achieved 5.09 as a 4 ride av. In fact his manager at his club was so peeved that he dropped him after 1 ride last Sunday which set rumours going as to whether he will be at the club for that long.

Considering their current form in POL and also for Poole is it really such a big surprise they are not doing what many expected they would ??

Even Josh G has started badly in POL Nice 1 with 7 points from 7 rides in 2 matches so far but of course this is his first full season. Hope he doesnt get dropped by the Poles or he could regret not having a Champ side for the regularity of rides.

Anyway its early doors and these are just numbers. Cant help thinking though that Matt Ford is also closely following  results of these riders overseas. I wonder how long he will be silent if they fail again at Kings Lynn ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
mistyped Spaniak rides in 2018

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I dont think for one minute this team will be the in august. I dont actually think it is good enough couple of changes at some stage still quiet on holders return as well is there still a hold up on that one .i know people will say early days so if it's early dayzs why are other teams up and running and we are not ?

Depends on how many you need to change and what riders and point are available.

How long do you keep a struggling Sundstrom? How much time do you give Woryna? Is Kurtz going to up his game or do you go for a Woffinden/Lindgren instead.

I for one dont believe in this early days crap. You need to hit the ground running or you can get to far adrift to make the points up.

My team Ipswich , like Poole a favourite for their league have lost 3 matches 2 at home and the fans want better, Poole can be no different

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

How long do you keep a struggling Sundstrom? How much time do you give Woryna? Is Kurtz going to up his game or do you go for a Woffinden/Lindgren instead.

I for one dont believe in this early days crap. You need to hit the ground running or you can get to far adrift to make the points up.

My team Ipswich , like Poole a favourite for their league have lost 3 matches 2 at home and the fans want better, Poole can be no different

We were bottom of the league mid season one year mate, and still come back and won it... Im sure that Matt has things in hand.

2 hours ago, ray c said:

I dont think for one minute this team will be the in august. I dont actually think it is good enough couple of changes at some stage still quiet on holders return as well is there still a hold up on that one .i know people will say early days so if it's early dayzs why are other teams up and running and we are not ?

Mate, im sure that Matt has things in hand.  he will not do a KK this season...

Edited by Starman2006

5 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

Writing off Poole's season in April - you're having a larf!! 

They might not get another chance! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Lindgren hates Poole more than you do Gavan and Tai will only help Wolves. I'd much rather have Brady anyway, he'll be better than them in a year or so. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lindgren hates Poole more than you do Gavan and Tai will only help Wolves. I'd much rather have Brady anyway, he'll be better than them in a year or so. 

Im assuming that thats a tongue in cheek comment re Brady good rider that he is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Im assuming that thats a tongue in cheek comment re Brady good rider that he is

Question for you Gavan? How good was Jason Doyle when he was Brady's age? He was either at IOW in the lower league or he was at Poole struggling to stay on the bike! And look at him now! You have no idea when riders will just suddenly progress. I'm just saying if Brady fulfils his potential he will be better than them. In my opinion of course! 

Got some  time on my hands, so thought i'd see what the Poole riders are averaging after the first 4 meetings..Not getting at Poole, but with the talk of changes thought I would have a look.

** Been told mine differs from the GB website one, so scrap this one **

Starting ave first.

Kurtz 8.08................ 7.40

Woryna 4.65............ 4.66

Josh 7.34................ 6.25

Linus 7.22............... 5.75

Killer 7.??................ 7.36

Spanner 4.54......... 4.23

James 2.88........... 2.46

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Never be as good as fast freddie :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bit of times on my hands, so thought i'd see what the Poole riders are averaging after the first 4 meetings..Not getting at Poole, but will the talk of changes thought I would have a look.

Starting ave first.

Kurtz 8.08................ 7.40

Woryna 4.65............ 4.66

Josh 7.34................ 6.25

Linus 7.22............... 5.75

Killer 7.??................ 7.36

Spanner 4.54......... 4.23

James 2.88........... 2.46

Different to the speedwaygb website, which is odd. 

5 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I think everyone knows Poole will come good. The banter now is purely because of the over confidence shown by some at the start of the season. Im sure we all expect Poole to easily make the play offs 

. . . by hook or by crook :o

6 minutes ago, ouch said:

6 minutes ago, ouch said:

Well I would go with theirs of course.I will have a look.

Maybe theirs are still after 3 meetings? Not sure, but they have Linus upping his average.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just now, WalterPlinge said:

Anyone know if there are any tickets left for the Poole end of season dinner dance next month?

We dont have a end season dinner dance so you dont have worry about it